[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not so sound elitist, but how are you supposed to take a 20 year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1447043697842.jpg (75 KB, 960x731) Image search: [Google]
1447043697842.jpg
75 KB, 960x731
Not so sound elitist, but how are you supposed to take a 20 year old or under kid's opinion seriously when it comes to video game discussion (or anything, really)? For instance, are you really supposed to take a 18 year old who says Half-Life 2 is garbage seriously? Even if they weren't just memeing, they would have been far too young to remember the game when it was new.

I know this sounds preposterous and there really would be no feasible way to enforce it, but /v/ really should be segregated by age. Maybe an under 25 section, and a 25+ section.
>>
>>332638021
I'm 22 and Half life 2 is garbage
>>
>>332638021
I'm 23 and I've never cared enough to play Half Life 2
>>
A nice thought but there are way too many problems with implementing it
>>
>>332638021
Half-Life 2 is garbage.
>>
>>332638114
I'm guessing you first played it years after it came out. The game hasn't aged well but I don't think anyone who was at least in high school when the game came out can say that with a straight face.

This is obviously not limited to HL2 though. It goes for any old game.
>>
>>332638340
I played Deus Ex for the first time a year ago and I think it's one of the best games ever made, an instant favorite.

I played Half Life 2 a couple years ago and I thought it was boring as shit.
>>
>>332638021
This has been said for years. How the hell would you enforce it? The entire point of an anonymous imageboard is that anyone can come on and post. That has benefits and drawbacks, but arguably to some it's a better alternative than say, Reddit, which is why they choose to come here, or vice versa. Maybe you should go to reddit if you want more "sensible" discussion, and I'm not saying that to be offensive.
>>
>>332638340
It probably was great when it came out and black Mesa would be a good way to experience a newer version (I think), just never really interested me. I would rather valve make steams interface better than another game.
>>
4chan should have age verified accounts, like reddit.
>>
>>332638448
No, I have been on /v/ for too long at this point and reddit, userbase aside is a pretty shitty website.

For me, video games are not art, but are comparable to literature, film, etc in that they are a form of entertainment. You have classics and various different kinds of genres, like in literature and film. But to my point - you really can't take an 18 year old who bashes Of Mice and Men or Citizen Kane seriously, can you?
>>
28 here. Seems like there are certain times (after school 5pm EST) that /v/ just explodes with little kids spouting memes and shitposts. I mean, it's expected, but it sucks trying to have a decently serious conversation with an anon amidst all the noise.

Usually it's pretty tame around now comparatively. Surprised how civil most of the FFXV talk has been this morning.
>>
>>332638340
Played it only just a few years ago and it was pretty damn good. Some of the guns were satisfying as all hell to use.
>>
>>332638934
It's no real surprise, /v/ is where all the gaymers in high school go to let off steam before doing their homework.
>>
A better question is, how can you take an opinion of someone who defends an episodic cinematic FPS seriously?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.