[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Misunderstood genius or overrated hack?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: iwata.jpg (25 KB, 530x319) Image search: [Google]
iwata.jpg
25 KB, 530x319
Misunderstood genius or overrated hack?
>>
>>332613918
Great programmer, shit executive.
>>
Genius programmer forced into a position he didn't want to take.
>>
He was better at making games than directing a company.
>>
>>332613918
Business man, gamer, and programmer. There's nothing more to him, other than his family. You guys give him too much credit.
>>
>>332613918
Dead as fuck
>>
Iwata was fine. Every poor decision Nintendo has ever made in the past 15 years has been because of Reggie and the folks at Nintendo of America.
>>
>>332614089
I didn't know Reggie worked on Ultra Smash
>>
File: disappoint dad.png (104 KB, 318x308) Image search: [Google]
disappoint dad.png
104 KB, 318x308
>>332614089
>implying

Iwata was indeed just a businessman, but to insinuate that a branch of the company that just handles PR and localization in america is responsible for the developmental and complete casualization of a company with many great and NOW ruined IP's is just outright damage control, lies, and stupidity. The developers are all located in japan, the japanese developers lost their touch and got too used to gimmicks carrying their ideas. They've lost their way.

Consider Suicide.
>>
>>332613918
He's a literal genius programmer.

Say whatever you like about how he handled the business, but he cared about video games being fun. I can respect that.
>>
>>332614089
reggie is the head of NoA which hasn't had any authority in the production of games since the first year or two of the gamecube.
>>
>>332613918
What's his lasting legacy? Pokemon G/S getting Kanto? Mother? The Wii basically bringing videogaming into the mainstream worldwide which is pretty damn influential regardless of whether you like it? The DS which was also revolutionary in its own right?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.