[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>~$300/unit USD after tax >Thirty Thousand Copies >YFW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: NINE MILLION DOLLARS.png (705 KB, 1355x649) Image search: [Google]
NINE MILLION DOLLARS.png
705 KB, 1355x649
>~$300/unit USD after tax
>Thirty Thousand Copies
>YFW Square Enix just made nine million dollars in 90 minutes.
>YFW Square just paid off Aaron Paul, Sean Bean, Florence + The Machine and the Venue in LA, plus some
>YFW Final Fantasy XV cost a rumored $6.5million USD to develop
>YFW Square fucking killed it.
>>
Good job confirming the people who want to play FF15 are uneducated retards.
>>
>>332613027
Couldn't much care because it's not a final fantasy made for me or the old fans (except the ones who will false flag my post to be contrarian trolls), it's made for no attentionspan ADHD Kingdom farts babbys.
>>
>>332613027
>6.5 million
Bull fucking shit

No game that spends that many years costs so little.
>>
>$6.5million USD

Bullshit
>>
>>332613275
>>332613291
Final Fantasy XV Has only been in development since 2012

All of the versus resources were scrapped and aren't being calculated into the cost.
>>
>>332613027
XIV's sub revenue had been diverted to pay for XV so I wouldn't worry too much about them running out of money.
>>
>>332613336
Even so, a AAA studio game with 4 years of development is going to cost way more than that.
>>
Didn't the hosts for the live stream say the movie alone cost SE over 300MIL?
>>
>>332613420
That revenue isn't much though.
>>
>>332613532
Thats bullshit. No way it could cost that much.
>>
>>332613567
250k active players that logged in at least once every 2 days based on JP Lodestone datamining
$10 hypothetical average sub
$2.5m monthly revenue
$30m annual revenue

That's just for the past year alone.
>>
>>332613336
Just because they don't calculate it doesn't mean it's not there.
>>
>>332613818
The question is, how many people did they have working on Versus prior to 2012? Most of the staff were diverted to XIII and unfucking XIV.
>>
>>332613532
A 300 million is Marvel movie tier. No way it's even close to that.
>>
>>332613027
>$300/unit USD after tax
They dont charge tax i think and i live in a state where they charge tax on online retailers.
>>
>>332614083
XIV's End of an Era CG cost like $4 million for 5 minutes. Assuming a 90 minutes movie and same cost of production, it would cost $64 million. Sound reasonable?
>>
>>332613027
>6.5 mil

that doesn't even cover the cg movie bro
>>
>>332614297
Then the cost just for Aaron Paul alone...
>>
>>332614297
More reasonable than 300 million.
>>
>>332613027
>what are distribution costs, manufacturing fees, console/development licenses?
>>
>>332614083
It's not even that really. Only two movies ever even adjusting for inflation cost 300 million or more. Both pirates of the Caribbean sequels, don't know what the fuck Disney was thinking there.
>>
>>332613027
>square soft gets the tax

You all can't be this regarded can you
>>
>>332614468
Not sure if Aaron Paul would be that expensive. He's not that big of an A-lister, isn't he?
>>
>>332613818
They probably let their other projects eat some of its costs on the books, so we'll never see those numbers.
>>
>>332614706
Maybe he's not, but playing in one of the most popular original series does make you more well known. I would assume that people who do "Game of Thrones" who weren't well known before must be ROLLING in contracts with inflated price tags.
>>
Can someone give me a link of the video of the whole event?
I completely missed it.
>>
Doubt voice acting costed as much even for famous actors. Probably the AAA seiyuus cost more.
>>
who the fuck buys this shit?
>>
>>332615591
20k people with too much money
10k scalpers
>>
>>332613027
>>YFW Final Fantasy XV cost a rumored $6.5million USD to develop

Imfuckingpossible.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.