[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this game? I really enjoyed it. Is rise good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: SJWLARA.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SJWLARA.jpg
231 KB, 1920x1080
Thoughts on this game? I really enjoyed it. Is rise good?
>>
Honestly the second one is a huge let down, feels way shorter.
>>
>>332608032
Is it shorter? I mean it has to have something running for it
>>
>>332609131
It's arguable the best looking game out right now and runs fantastic on PC.

That's pretty much it. Everything else was average at best. Got it for free and can't even bring myself to play it
>>
>>332607571
First game was okay, but leads you on because it teases that the next game is going to be a full on Tomb Raider game. As in you play Tomb Raider 2013 and go "this isn't really a Tomb Raider game, just a game with a psycho rambo chick..." Then you play the second and you get exposed to full on pc crowd pandering, casual pandering, etc, and the whole game just falls flat on everything except for graphics. Don't get me started on them shrinking down her tits even more then they did last game, and there will never be a patcher to increase Lara's tits that will work thanks to Denuvo.
>>
Honestly although I used to give the first game a lot of shit, even though it's not really a TR game, it's actually probably one of the better TPS/action-adventure games of the seventh gen. There's more to the game than Uncharted, that's for sure.

Haven't played the second yet.
>>
I thought it was terrible.

Mediocre gameplay constantly interrupted by disjointed story.
>>
i only played it because it was free on xbox live, i was pleasantly surprised. the edgy "mature themes" shit didn't really work for me though.
>>
File: lara.jpg (31 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
lara.jpg
31 KB, 640x360
>>332607571
I thought it was pretty good. Felt that it did everything pretty well, but I would've liked more of a focus on the survival element. That or on the exploration or action element, it
>>
>>332607571
First time Tomb Raider is good. Didn't play Rise yet.
>>
>>332607571
Felt too inspired by Uncharted with the set pieces and cover shooting.

Lara going from alone and afraid to cold blooded killer shooting arrows through motherfuckers heads was nonsensical. Sure complaining about something like that in a video game is pointless but I think focusing more on survival, stealth, puzzle solving and conflict avoidance would have made the game more interesting. I cant blame them if they wanted to make a cover shooter.

Other than that the plot was really dumb and the writing and VO in the audio logs was awful. Also having Lara get impaled and beaten to shit through out the game was strange to me.

overall- pretty fun, well paced and good looking, 7/10
>>
Rise is more of the same. Wait some months and play it, it is solid, but the first one was a tad better imho.
>>
>>332607571
In the middle of playing it, and although I like it, I have problems with it.

There's too much focus on shooting, when I think it really could have benefited having more climbing and puzzles. The shooting just isn't that great since it's generic cover based combat.

The game is more fun when playing stealthy imo, and a lot of the time (mostly later in the game) this isn't possible since the game will force you to get into a shootout. The part before you get the arrow crane upgrade thingy got me particularly annoyed, since the area opens up with a guy you can sneak kill.
>>
>>332607571
Rise is TR2013 but better

actual tomb raiding!
>>
>>332613371
Please be sarcastic. No one who's ever played an actual Tomb Raider game would go around saying shit like this.
>>
>>332613931
actual tomb raiding compared to TR2013
>>
>>332607571
rise is better yes, they tone down the shooting segments and add a lot more tombs and exploration, you have to craft your arrows, and in the harder dificult you dont have health regen, you have to craft your bandage too.
and it looks fucking amazing
>>
>>332616508
question about hard mode. In TR13 hard just seemed to make everyone bullet sponges. Does that happen in rise too, or will I actually be able to kill an enemy with two close range shotgun blasts this time?
>>
>>332616849
1 shot in the head and they die.
a thing that helps a lot is that there are bottles and cans that you can pick up and trow to distract them or you cvan craft molotov cocktails, smoke bombs, and explosive bombs with them if you have the materials.
>>
>>332616849
enemies are tougher across the board, but headshots are still one shot one kill unless they have a helmet

and eventually you can get a skill that lets you get three simultaneous headshots with a bow
>>
Extremely mediocre. When I think of the problems with modern game design I keep coming back to this game for the wrong reasons
>>
The question is: does it have solitary tomb raiding?

>TB underworld still best
>>
>>332618486
they're at the very least decent

still only one puzzle per tomb, but they're a lot more complex than TR13
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.