[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BIOSHOCK 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 14
File: 2009-11-23-bioshock4.jpg (755 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
2009-11-23-bioshock4.jpg
755 KB, 900x600
what does /v/ want to see in bioshock 4?

Elizabeth will be in r-right?
>>
>>332601290
Games dead anon

Infinite was the biggest gaming disappointment ever.

Would be nice to actually see Bioshock on UE4 + some more sandbox type maps but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO ken levine
>>
>>332601597
This.
If another studio managed to pick p the rights and make Bioshock again they in no way shape or form can allow Ken Levin be apart of it. Everything he touches he ruins.
>>
File: camel snug.jpg (62 KB, 400x339) Image search: [Google]
camel snug.jpg
62 KB, 400x339
>>332601290
Is there even a story to tell? What I mean is there a reason that it needs to be called Bioshock to tell it's story. honestly I don't think the storyline of Bioshock has anywhere to go and attaching the name is just for brand recognition.
>>
>>332601597
>i didnt like it therefore its dead

okay man
>>
>>332601802
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3618444

so maybe we will get B4 but i doubt it
>>332601996
1 and 2 are great though
>>
>>332602073
well thank god he wont be apart of it then. I personally think Infinite was the shitiest of the bunch and 2 was on par with the first. sold game play, neat concepts and fairly challenging in some areas
>>
>>332601290
If it was remotely possible, having one take place on a Generation Ship being flown out to an unknown star system would be pretty sick.
>>
what would another Bioshock take place in anyways? Underground?r
>>
File: System_Shock_3.jpg (187 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
System_Shock_3.jpg
187 KB, 600x450
Screw Bioshock why not just make a third System Shock
>>
>>332605697
>why not just make a third System Shock

I have some good news for you anon.
>>
>>332601969
if they can make infinite they can make another one

besides, its already confirmed to be in production by a new studio

>>332601802
see above, its already confirmed
>>
>>332605870
Holy fucking shit I just looked that up and now my life is complete.
>>
>>332604632
space
>>
File: 1019585765.jpg (182 KB, 1200x813) Image search: [Google]
1019585765.jpg
182 KB, 1200x813
I want a super 70s Bioshock with huge underground biodomes and a heavy gray moral about hedonism vs puritanism.
>>
>>332605697
>>332606019
but still, do you really want a new system shock?

System Shock 2 came out in 1999, nearly 17 years ago. How old where you when you first played it? judging by the average age of /v/ users, probably early-mid teenager.

You had different standards for good games back then. Games like System Shock were among the first to bridge RPG and FPS in the fuckin 90's.

Making a system shock 3 would either result in using the same, tired forumlas of the past games but with updated graphics, or a formula changing experiment that throws out everything from the old games.

Either way, there's a 1/100 chance you'll actually like it. Not to mention the 2/3 chance that it'll be handed to some shitty devs who will just fuck shit up. The fact that it will no doubt be modernized like the new DOOM game is.

Face it, remaking or making sequels to games that came out over 10 years ago is a shitty idea, and it won't end until they've re-made every game that came out before 2002
>>
>>332606561
that, or a 70's version of the future like farcry blooddrag
>>
>>332606673
While I did play it first in my early teens I am in my twenties so I didn't play it when it came out. But you make some fair points, but if Shadow Warrior and Rise of the Triad can get good reboots than anything is possible.
>>
>>332601290
I'm more interested in the upcoming System Shock game than another Bioshock.

If they were to make another one I'd like to see another world that's separate from Infinite. Can't really see where they can go with the series though.
>>
>>332606673
nigger I played SS2 like a year ago and it was good.

Some of the skills were shit and it was pretty imbalanced and shallow RPG wise, but everything else was amazing tier. Looking forward to playing SS1 remake.

>Making a system shock 3 would either result in using the same, tired forumlas of the past games but with updated graphics

I can't even name a single space horror RPG. To say it's overdone is retarded. I played every souls and never got bored of literally the same game. They have a good team working on it, they won't fuck up. Comparing it to the new DOOM is retarded, betheda is a triple A studio. Stop judging a game before any footage is released.
>>
>>332604105
that would be pretty close to system shock but i'm down for it
>>
File: ds3.jpg (27 KB, 291x363) Image search: [Google]
ds3.jpg
27 KB, 291x363
>>332601290
JUST STOP. JUST FUCKNIG STOP. INFINITE PUT A NICE BIG MEDIOCRE BOW ON THE WHOLE THING. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANOTHER BELOVED SERIES SEQUEL ITSELF INTO NOTHING. NOT FUCKING AGAIN.
>>
>>332606673
I'm worried they might make it too linear. System shock was basically known for its massive twisted corridors and fuck huge maps but the way modern games are showing, I'm worried they would make it far too easy.
>>
>>332606673
ss3's already gonna be made by the old ss devs, but not levine. and judging by how they've started modernizing ultima underworld in their spiritual successor game, the prospects for ss3 look very good.
>>
There needs to be a proper third installment to make a 4th one, anon.
>>
>>332607471
Dead Space more AAAed itself into oblivion, sadly EA thought it would sell AAA even though it was a very niche game to beguine with so I don't know who had the stroke and decided that it would work.
>>
>I heard you don't like Infinite anon. You must have not understood it ;)

There is nothing in the world more infuriating than a literal retard implying that you're the stupid one.
>>
>>332601290
I'd be down if it was another bioshock 2 style romp with better graphics.
>>
>>332601290
Could they just make a DLC or some short story re-imagination of Infinite to follow the initial trailers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXtEAED3zgo&ab_channel=NiZZULiV%CE%9E
>>
I agree OP.
I would really love a BioShock 3.
I really liked the first two. It's about time we got a third one.
>>
>>332601290
>wanting another Bioshock after Infinite was the greatest vidya disappointment of all time
>>
>>332608267
It won't be made by Levin if it does get made. So that's a huge plus.
>>
>>332608398
>made by levine
i feel the need to correct this. hundreds of people made bioshock infinite. levine is the one that butchered it.
>>
>>332608489
which is exactly why the next one, if it is ever made, wont be as bad. Levin wont be around to take part in any of it.
>>
>>332601290
better game, not so much game
infinite was too long and too boring
>>
Only babbies care about the future of bioshock now. We don't need a spiritual successor to system shock anymore now that there's going to be an actual successor.

By the way, /v/'s little pariah Ken Levine was the only reason we ever got Bioshock 1, and back then he was the only driving force behind keeping shock alive. People forget that.
>>
I really never understood the hate for infinite.
Not that it's the BEST game, but it was alright.
Felt a bit short is all.
I think it holds up to 2's standards.
Not that 2 was the best. Clearly 1 is.
I think people expectations were too high
The gunplay is at least serviceable.
Even though there isn't much variety.

Still, people were too hard on it.
Usually early reviews dictate the rest.
Could be that they were paid off.
Ken Levine is the type to do that.
Easily a 7/10
Delicious Elizabeth.

Also, now that I'm done bullshitting, read the first letter of each line for my actual opinion.
>>
>>332609231
>Felt a bit short is all.
Did we play the same game? Infinite felt torturous for me.
>>
>>332609109
I'll give you that Levin is the only reason the shock this is still alive but after the first was a bit of a success he became such a huge hack afterwards.
>>
>>332609231
>>332610110
>Also, now that I'm done bullshitting, read the first letter of each line for my actual opinion.
oh u
bamboozled again
>>
>>332601597
We've already got System Shock 3 coming
>>
>>332609231
2 sentences starting with S would have added a bit more to it.
>>
>>332610110
Infinite was short as hell. It just lasts a bit longer if you're playing on the harder difficulties because you're dying and being set back some. At least that's how it felt for me. After going through 1999 mode with no vending machines I played through on normal and it was a fucking breeze.
>>
>>332601290

Elizabeth is dead by BaS.

Eleanor however is from a much greater game, is a much better character and could totally be in a sequel.

Best Dautheru ever.
>>
>>332609231
Better twist than Infinite.
>>
>cosplaying in an aquarium
>cosplaying as a little girl that looks 40

cringe as fuck
>>
>>332601290
A game like Bioshock 1, and the end of Bioshock 2, they keep trying to make it more mainstream.
>>
>>332609231
>Not that 2 was the best. Clearly 1 is.

2 is way better than 1 on gameplay alone. Other details like story, setting and enviroinment are sightly better on 1, but gameplay is literally 80% of any game, and 2's is much better.
>>
File: 1458597157387.png (51 KB, 251x246) Image search: [Google]
1458597157387.png
51 KB, 251x246
>>332609231
>Infinite Sucked
ha, nice
>>
>>332607471
>overwhelmingly positive on steam
>nothing but 90s and high 80s on metacritic

why are you so upset?
>>
>>332610623
have you not played the game and its DLC?
>>
>>332610285
I didn't have a problem with dying, I just felt no connection to the characters or story. It's like it was trying too hard to be deep and made you sit through countless elevator rides listening to pseudoscience nonsense-babble and self-righteous political truisms.
>>
>>332601290
>bioshock 4
Wait, when did we get to
>infinite
....oh.

Maybe something in a better setting? Alternate early America really wasn't as fun as alternate reality water world.

Or better yet, better setting with SShock2 inventory and skills? That'd be cool. I'd like a new SShock2.
>>
>>332601290
>city on the Moon
>joint Soviet Union/US cooperation
>plasmids are squid alien tech
>story revolves around edritch horror trapped on the moon by ancient race
>>
>>332610809
>>bioshock 4
>Wait, when did we get to
>>infinite
>....oh.
Bioshock Aleph One?
>>
>>332606960
Bruh Blood Dragon is solidly 80s.

70s was a lot more groovy.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 208x243
https://youtube.com/watch?v=WUeBKC-1oaY
>>
File: ember-city.jpg (270 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
ember-city.jpg
270 KB, 533x400
A subterranean city might be cool.
>>
since we already had a cities underwater and in the sky, i think the next game's setting should be based exclusively on land. it would allow for some interesting dynamics to see how buildings work if they were placed on the ground and how the city's population would adapt to it
>>
I mean. They did under the sea.
They did the sky.
Only place they could go is space and at that point they may as well say fuck it and make a proper System Shock game in it's stead.
>>
>>332611542
what would the first plasmid/ability be?
probably telepathy or something to move rocks out of the way.
>>
>>332601597
Infinite was garbage and its own ending wiped itself out of canon which is good because it was a waste of time and effort and money (for anyone who bought it kek)
>>
>>332611865
A bit too far fetched for my taste anon. Lets keep things down to earth here.
>>
BayoShock
>>
The lore behind infinite was pseudo intellectual and just stupid if you actually thought about it.

Bioshock 1 and 2 really had something very eerie about them that infinite didn't pull off. The collapse of a eutopia, not because of nigger communist revolution, but because of drug use, plasmids and people just going insane.

it was unique, and infinite was just nigger tier
>>
>>332610751
as a matter of fact i just finished it today

liked all of it except the ending.
i havent played the DLC and I dont really want to because the ending ruined the hype, i still like the game though
>>
>>332612432
YOU JUST DONT GEEEEET IT ANON.
Maybe you're just not used to a game with a smart story shitlord ;)

Fuck everything. Burn it all down.
>>
File: deadshart.png (49 KB, 653x228) Image search: [Google]
deadshart.png
49 KB, 653x228
>>332610623
>>overwhelmingly positive on steam
>>nothing but 90s and high 80s on metacritic

The game isn't even on Steam, you stupid shill.
>>
>>332612410
cringe
>>
>>332612432
>pseudo intellectual

What the fuck does that even mean, stop using shitty buzzwords
>>
>>332601290
The final product being on par or better than what's shown at E3.

It still hurts.
>>
>>332612739
(You)
>>
>>332612904

Thanks.
>>
>>332612819
tbf pseudo intellectual is a p common phrase, that poster used it right, and you may be retarded.
>>
>>332601290
Just leave it be, Infinite was shit but anything they try to shovel out now is bound to be even worse. The devil we know is better than the devil we don't.
>>
>>332601290

No Ken Levine.
>>
>>332613253
bioshock inf wasnt shit, but cool opinion man.

>anything new will be worst
well if you didnt like the devs, bioshock 4 is being made a new studio
>>
>>332611938

Or some sort of fire Plasmid for illumination.

Or perhaps you'd have a kind of lantern device for your first weapon.
>>
>>332606960
I've been saying this whole fucking time, Obsidian needs to make a '70s-themed Fallout reboot. I'm sick to death of the same boring pre-Beatles music.
>>
>>332615329
I thought they had a falling out with Bethesda (no pun intended).
>>
>>332606673
sorry but I just finished ss2 for the first time like a week ago and it's one of the best games I've ever played
>>
>>332615980
I said Obsidian to stave off fanboy buttblastedness. Suggesting anyone else actually change anything would require a trigger warning.
>>
>>332611956
It's like you didn't even play 1999 mode
>>
>>332617561
Fallout doesn't need a reboot, it just needs competent writers. New Vegas didn't have dumb gimmicks and it was the best game in the series after the second (possibly better). But there's no point in discussing it, because the IP will stay with Bethesda for the near future and Bethesda will keep pumping out games with shitty writing and formulaic missions.
>>
>>332618381
I want fallout to die.
I want bioshock to die.
I'm sad because I liked both of those series but they are ruined now.
Let it all burn, I'm tired of it.
>>
>>332619340
>i am edgy angsty hipster faggot and hate the fact people enjoy things i dont
>>
>>332601290
I don't want it to have a single thing to do with the abomination that was Infinite
>>
>>332619440
Twilight was popular, do you just not like it because it was popular or because it wasn't good?
>>
>>332606019
>>332606673
>>332607392
ATTENTION SYSTEM SHOCK FANS

There is a remake/reimagining of the first game coming out, you may be interested. It basically keeps everything the same, including levels, but now it has better graphics and gameplay.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/25/9801434/system-shock-remake-first-look-art
>>
>>332619340
You're the type of retard that needs to go kill himself

>abloo bloo bloo everything is shit!!!

Fuck off.
>>
Big Juicy Titties.
>>
>>332619929
>everything
nigga he said Fallout and *Shock
and YEAH, there's a lot more less effort put into making a good game now, not just a pretty one
Nothing like your story being trash but WHOA WE PAID A VOICE ACTOR TO RECORD ALL THESE NAMES SO YOU CAN NAME YOUR GUY MR. FUCKFACE AND HE ACTUALLY SAYS IT IN GAME!!
>>
To be honest, I know people really liked infinite, and don't get me wrong it's a fun old gal.

But I honestly think they should go back to their routes and go more horror-centric. I much preferred the creepy fight for my life feeling I got in the first one. I even preferred two.

That's my two cents.
>>
>>332620135
routes....Oh dear god i meant roots.

I should sleep.
>>
I was literally about to do a thing like
>BS4
>MC voiced by Troy Baker
>2 gun weapon limit
>Hit markers
>Iron sights
and highlight some other generic FPS elements that would be present in a series becoming increasingly casualised, until I realised that it had ALREADY HAPPENED
>>
I already have THREE bioshock games i don't like that i bought on promotion because of the insistence of friends, i wont buy a fourth one.
>>
>>332620303
It's not that bad. yeah it was enjoyable having multiple weapons but really you ended up just pimping out two or three specific guns and only using the other ones when you ran out of ammo.

Since you could only really fully upgrade a few select weapons the others became quickly obsolete in later levels due to a lack of good old punching power.
>>
>>332620135
what are you talking about, infinite had some creepy ass moments
>>
>>332619929
1 was good.
2 was ok, improved in the mechanics but story suffered slightly, Minerva's den was fun.

Infinite tried to talk about racism without actually taking about racism. All were hold to charge into a trap, attack with it by taping. Let's get rid of weapon changing, 2 weapons only. Oh by the way you have to have this sky bitch who is so bland and terrible, but you have to have her anyway. Look she gives you ammo and money, don't you love her? Constants and variables, wow aren't we deep. Gun play was bad, plasmids were bad, skyrails were not fun, the handy men were not fun to fight against. Let's just remove hacking and make it a plasmid. Enemy variety was awful. They remember they are dead.
It had nothing going for it. I didn't enjoy it at all.
>>
>>332620512
Again. you only really found the very few weapons you focused on upgrading any good.

Punching power yada yada late game something something redundant un-upgraded weapons.
>>
You play as a small boy who's father is the new lighthouse keeper in a small seaside town. However, the town seems odd and you occasionally see a strange girl at the top of the lighthouse that no one else can see. One day your sister goes to explore the lighthouse and you follow her, only to have her disappear within. When you come back out you realized the town has changed. People don't ever remember your sister existing. It turns out the lighthouse is a separate point in reality and every time something changes inside, the outside world changes to reflect that as well. You meet a strange man who is also looking for his daughter, and you two embark on a journey through the multiple worlds to save your sister and his daughter. Because you play a small boy, there is less of a focus on combat. Instead, you have to rely on the stranger to engage in gunfight. Instead you have access to plasmids/vigors and must use them to help the stranger survive. As you change things inside the lighthouse, the outside world grows more and more twisted, and it's these outside areas that will test you as each story portion inside the lighthouse dramatically changed how the town looks and who inhabits it. As you progress, you find upgrade stations and the stranger can upgrade himself, becoming more and more big-daddy like in the process, which can have end-game implications.
>>
>>332619440
That's a weird argument. You can find someone to enjoy anything, that doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>332620614
I upgraded my guns. No fun, did not enjoy.
2 was fun pulling the spears out of an enemy and throwing them at the enemy again. Drill dashing was fun. Shocking the water as a trap was fun. Using decoys to start alarms was fun.
BEES.
This, this was not fun. Everything just felt like a sponge.
>>
>>332620512
>Gun play was bad, plasmids were bad, skyrails were not fun, the handy men were not fun to fight against. Let's just remove hacking and make it a plasmid. Enemy variety was awful.
All true. I always felt that plasmids were underpowered in the bioshock games and Infinite was no different, except the plasmids were pretty boring/useless and you had to rely on the bad, boring gun combat to get you through
>>
File: 1445725584680.gif (537 KB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
1445725584680.gif
537 KB, 360x359
>>332620695
...your suggestion is that you make the entire game into a "Defend the npc" mission?

By god that's fucking nightmare fuel. what in gods name have you taken to come to that idea.
>>
>>332607212
>Rise of the Triad reboot
>good
>>
>>332620927
No, it plays out like a horror game, because you cannot feasibly survive in a single fight. You're not protecting the NPC, as much as maneuvering him to protect you.
>>
>>332620889
Oh yeah I had the same problem, i'd have to hit something so many bloody times just to kill em, at least in the earlier ones with a bit of clever play you could annihilate something and feel good about it.

I'm just saying that you still didn't really get much efficient use even when you could use all the weapons, because in one and two you'd end up pimping out at most three guns. so really being stuck with two weapons is not really a big deal.

Though having the option is good to.
>>
>>332621028
...so your controlling one person while giving orders to another, and using them to as the bulk of the fighting?

Still sounds like a protect the npc mission to me.
>>
>>332620695
>lighthouses
>constantly changing environments
>constant companion
Too much like Infinite for my liking, however I do like the surreal motif and the idea that environments get increasingly strange as you reach the climax of the story (If you could make the shifting environments thing work, that is) but in the end the story is still one big fetch quest. Decision making and alternate endings are key. I think this story could very easily become too complex for its own good, if put in the wrong hands, and become similar to the convoluted mess that was Infinite.

>Companion is big daddy
Would be better if you could fight big daddies
>>
>>332621064
Yes, having the option is good, I like being able to go at a situation based on what I think is right. Not just "Oh this is an open area so we gave you a sniper rifle."
The game felt like one big dumb down, lets' not have the player manage his health and eve anymore. Let's give him a refilling health bar.
>>
>>332621295
Yeah I really enjoyed having an actual health bar.
When you were low on medkits and you had to fucking stealthily lay traps and ambush people to get too that sweet sweet vending machine.

unnfgh, hits all the right spots in my videogame loving soul.
>>
>>332621028
Having a companion with you at all times is bad Shock gaming. The system/bio Shock games were about loneliness and isolation. It would be spookier to have to get through the game as the little boy, having to deal with enemies using primarily stealth and plasmids (I refuse to call them vigours)

A possible idea for your story is that the boy grows up over the course of the game, something about interdimensional travel or the constantly changing environments thing
>>
>>332621424
Bah I really dislike time travel as a plot, anything can be changed or corrected because time travel.

Much prefer it to just be set in a specific period of time.
>>
>Bioshock
>after that disaster Infinite
No thank you
>>
>>332621423
Yes I loved it too.
Infinite took that from me and people praise it, it makes me angry.
If they would have just called it something else i wouldn't care, but they slapped bioshock on it now that's what people expect it to be.
It's no longer bioshock, it's a shell of what it was.
>>
>ACTUALLY UNIRONICALLY WANTING A BIOSHOCK SEQUEL
FUCKING UNDERAGE FUCKING FUCKS
>>
>>332621514
not time travel. Your character has a different state in each dimension. E.g, little boy in one, grown man in another, dog in another or some shit. It fixed and can't be changed
>>
>>332601290

An overly developed female character that we can make tons of R34 content out of. It was the best part about infinite.
>>
>>332621146
>>332621221
I just wanted the twist to be that all the other big daddies you encounter and lost souls who've come to find their daughters and as they've gone deeper into the lighthouse, they keep changing themselves in order to find her to the point where they're no longer human and just mindlessly protect the little girls. Also, the villain is also a little girl who is looking for her own father, the original creator of the lighthouse.
>>
>>332601290
Honestly I just want to play as a big daddy again,I knoe some people like to hate on the second game for various reasons,but smacking shit around with the drill was so much fun.
>>
>>332621882
What like bioshock 2? That was one guy's whole plot.
>>
>>332620303
Man I used to love Troy Baker. Now it feels like he's everywhere and I got tired of hearing his voice.
>>
>>332622097
No but depending on far along the stranger is, the boss fight changes. He either ends up as a big daddy and you have to end up fighting him, or he's still sane and you two fight the girl.
>>
>>332610971
I laughed.
>>
>>332621690
AH I see, totally got that wrong, no I guess that would be interesting I guess! if executed correctly like.
>>
I want a game where you play as a Big Sister. It seems to be the logical progression.

>use the cool needle weapon
>keep the melee from Infinite, in that you can use melee while equipped with a gun
>can combine all plasmids with weapons, not just have weapons that burn/freeze/shock
>>
>>332623540
So bioshock 2?
Bioshock inf didn't introduce the weapon butting.
>>
>>332611542
>earthquake plasmid
>stalagmite/tite plasmids
>drill makes a return but as a handheld
>tunneling enemies
>mutated/experiment creatures
>>
>>332623540
>bioshock 4 is about playing as one of the little sisters who escaped
>there's a new self sustaininh utopia underground.
>the new power is mysterious nanite gel wich is being made in the utopia that covers your body and acts as a suit parasite venom style
>you get addicted and start having hallucinations about your past as the gel starts turning to a big sister suit the more gel you absorb from others
>you play as the drug addict fighting for survival in the abandoned caverns dug by other addicts
>bioshock + penumbra
>>
>>332601290
>Bioshock
The better story in the series.

>Bioshock 2
The most superior gameplay mechanics of the three games.

>Bioshock Infinite
If we'd need to try to find something redeeming in this game, then it's the farthest of the backgrounds of Columbia, and even then it looks like some photo.
>>
>>332611938
Full Geomod mining, complete with tunneling ability, a la Red Faction.
>>
File: Cyberpunk City.jpg (462 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Cyberpunk City.jpg
462 KB, 1280x800
Ditch Rapture. The 2nd bioshock was, mechanically speaking, way better than the first game and had a solid story, but the novelty of Rapture had worm off and so the game wasn't as intriguing. No Columbia obviously, we've seen it, and it multiverse thing just shat all over the lore. Having a new setting is key. If they're gonna do System shock 3, I'd personally like to see a cyberpunk dystopia. Giant city ruled by mega corporations, rogue AIs, street gangs, basically any william gibson novel. They definitely should not do another space station, I could easily name 5 sci fi games that have used that setting in the last recently. Gameplay should be a mix between bioshock 1&2 and dishonoured. Think the verticality, non linear level design and movement system of dishonored (no blink but maybe a double jump with some rocket boots or something) combined with bioshock's combat and "rpg" mechanics. Sorta like a 3rd System Shock, but not really, maybe they could call it Cybershock.
>>
File: 1430807637233.jpg (48 KB, 393x416) Image search: [Google]
1430807637233.jpg
48 KB, 393x416
>>332601290
nothing
bioshock was a completely self-contained story, the second was uncalled for at the very best an infinite was a clusterfuck of ideas realized in the shittiest way possible due to an incredibly loose grasp on the concepts utilized and how to write in general, then haphazardly tacked onto the rest of the "series" using nothing but jazz hands and not-magic

make another freedom force instead you fucking hacks
>>
>>332601290
A new story that isn't shit and doesn't tack on Rapture at the last second
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.