[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really hesitant to buy this. What's /v/'s opinion on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: stardew.jpg (57 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
stardew.jpg
57 KB, 460x215
Really hesitant to buy this. What's /v/'s opinion on pic related? Worth getting? How many hours have you played?
>>
It's Harvest Moon for plebians.
>>
98 Hours

I like it, if you're the type who likes Harvest Moon type games you'll like this. Just be prepared for the occasional feels in character dialogue
>>
>>332593953
I guess it's like Animal Crossing + Farming
>>
At 133+ now. Farming is solid, lots of things to do, combat is a little weak, character interactions with NPCs need improvement (developer is actually working on that), lots of planned content including multiplayer and more marriage candidates, also a growing mod community.

The first week I had the game it was already worth it, just for a relaxing, simplistic return to the old school HM formula.
>>
File: 1382390955883.gif (385 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1382390955883.gif
385 KB, 500x300
>>332593953
it's chill as fuck

worth a buy
>>
Pirated it.
Dropped it after 2 hours because the entire world isn't interesting at all.
>>
75 hours.

Dropped after getting into Winter. Worth the money.
>>
Poor man's Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing hybrid.
>>
I've put quite a lot of hours into it, but at the same time it feels really fucking gamey and there are ways they could have improved on Harvest Moon that sadly they didn't.

For example, romance is still just giving the person you want to marry an item they like every so often until their heart meter fills up.
Once your married, your wife/husband basically does jack shit apart from water some plants.

Where this could have been improved from Harvest Moon is actual relationship mechanics and dialogue trees and that if you have matching personalities, that is the major factor in hearts moving upwards (along with being able to go down if you fight or have conflicting views etc)

Also there needs to be more unique events and progression in the world, rather than just the world repeating over and over.
>>
It's an addictive game that you'll sink probably 80 hours into over the course of a week, and then you'll never want to touch it again
Just pirate it and try to get some fun hours out of it, it's good for what it's worth
>>
needs some work here and there, but its more than worth its price if you like the type of game it is. got about 60hours out of it before i dropped it.
>>
>>332593953
Coined 20 hours in it. I like it. Bundles are interesting, I've got myself a lava sword which I really like, and my farm is doing good. Sprinklers everywhere, everything is automatized, been days since I've watered something myself.
>>
>>332602102
Can you automate harvesting?

Want to make a vinyard but it will take forever harvesting all the vines and barreling them.
>>
File: shorts.png (287 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shorts.png
287 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: 1354767796065.gif (2 MB, 389x415) Image search: [Google]
1354767796065.gif
2 MB, 389x415
>>332593953

Just look for the free GOG version. The game is comfy as fuck until you start to get bored by repetition.

Winter is comfy as shit and you have a neat little combat system, but just like all Chuckfuck games, the end game is missing
>>
>>332600387
Had decent amount of fun with the game, and agree with you. I hoped for more depth.
>>
wait until mod support + multiplayer, they're coming fairly soon
>>
This or Factorio, anons.
>>
>>332593953
It's fucking boring
>>
>>332602749
>chucklefish

Didn't even develop the game, they just published it for the guy. It's all be developed by 1 person.
>>
>>332593953
play rune factory.
This song is fucking amazing tho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7sDUAALYSM
>>
File: 59-0-1457730093.png (30 KB, 990x453) Image search: [Google]
59-0-1457730093.png
30 KB, 990x453
What portrait mods are people using?

I used Einari's for all the villagers just to spruce them up from the originals, then used Usernamelogin's Bachelor and Bachelorette for the main characters since I think it's a good mix between the original and a more anime art style.
>>
There is no reason to play Stardew Valley when Harvest Moon and Rune Factory exist.

Emulate those for free and enjoy a better game.
>>
>>332598001
You can't even see half of the world in two hours, most of it is locked behind set dates and unlocks from the community house
>>
File: 1350353846868.jpg (50 KB, 384x494) Image search: [Google]
1350353846868.jpg
50 KB, 384x494
>>332604154

>This
>Not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ezfsJ4-Lw
>And https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idOmc35hlhU
>>
Should I get Stardew Valley or just get back to nature. Or replay Rune Factory 3?
>>
>>332606953

play Rune Factory 4.
Waifus and the interaction is better.
>>
>>332607128
I don't have a 3DS. If not that would be the first game I'd get
>>
>>332602749
Free GOG version??? What do you mean?
>>
>>332604197
the furry one
>>
>>332609484
I think he means look for the DRM-free version to pirate.

Honestly, it's $15 and you'll get your money out of it if you enjoy any of the classic HM/RF games.
>>
>>332604135
Which is worse.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.