[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>never played a witcher game in my entire life >today i've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
>never played a witcher game in my entire life
>today i've bought witcher 3

i will understand the game?
>>
>>332587336
If you can understand /v/ you can understand the bitcher
>>
>>332587569
this is deep
>>
>>332587336
no and you need to read all the books as well
>>
you dont "need" to play the first two games, but it certainly is something that many fans recommend.

I sunk about 200 hours into witcher 3 and felt it was a great game with some technical/gameplay issues but still good none the less.

Honestly, if you have it on PC, you can shelve 3 and play 1 and 2 which are both fantastic.
>>
>>332589240
i get it on ps4
>>
>>332589502
Hmm...i think I can find you a few videos to get you up to speed on the whole story.

That way important characters wont feel like a "who the fuck is that?" kind of scenario when they're actually important lol
>>
>>332588379
sheiitt
>>
>>332589502
Here we go. She did a pretty good job and that should help before you jump into 3.

Have fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncj2xtwyiMo
>>
>>332589631
i will do that. thanks a lot, anon
>>
>i havent read blank series, can i start at the first one
>i havent watched blank movies, can i start at the first one

gross.
at least find and read the synopsis of the stories or something first if youre going to be so lazy
>>
You wont understand why such overrated trash is praised by /v/.
>>
>>332589824
amazing! thank you too
>>
>>332590086
>my opinion is so great look at me guy!
>...guys?
>>
>>332590050
eh, thats a very basic way of looking at things. Buddy probably doesnt have a PC to play the first two games and since witcher 3 came out to mass appeal and game "journos" swore you didnt need to play the first two...its not bad to ask
>>
>>332590086
well aren't you a barrel of fun
>>
>>332590152
NP bro, lol. If you have any questions about characters, there's a few wiki's to help out too. Although dont get too far ahead of yourself.

OH! and get the DLC, a character makes a return which was fucking great watching them develop and seeing how they interact with you.
>>
>>332587336
you obviously don't understand english you dumb beaner
>>
I played it a while ago (never played 1/2) and chose the option to decide what happened in previous games for my save. I decided to kill off anybody with ugly names. still a fun game
>>
the fucking witcher or sorcerer or what the bloody hell this little corndog is fucking sucked.
I had more fun playing Jacky jack for shit!! on my pc it ran pretty good though so no complaining there but the gameplay for fucks sake!!!
>>
>>332590695
you wanna try that post again? oh wait...its a trip fag...nvm
>>
>>332590851
what fucking post you mean asshole? do I look like yo fucking daddy or what? Jesus Christ faggot
>>
remember to pick yennefer
>>
>>332591046
nothing to see here folks; just a faggit being tough on the internet
>>
>>332591102
you can't even pick a character! only playable character is that gay ass sorcerer dude
>>
>>332587336
Definitely get the Hearts of Stone DLC. Its atually much better than the main game. Story is on of the bests in game format
>>
>>332591254
I ain't tough though guy! you tryna be tough ima show ya what though means dreamerboy
>>
File: 1457401704957.jpg (15 KB, 295x342) Image search: [Google]
1457401704957.jpg
15 KB, 295x342
>>332587336
That's like starting at Mass Effect 3 dude
Sure there'll be a basic plot synopsis in there but the point is that your choices carry over

The fucking final boss of Witcher 2 can be left alive and he'll reappear in 3 if you do

That and you'll just not at all get what the Witcher universe is all about and you'll have to pick up on all the lore when you're expected to already know what even just the basic enemies are
>>
>>332587336
You can skip playing the first one, because basically is a parody of the books. There are some characters or stories that also appear in Witcher 3 but the most important thing is

>You appear near Kaer Morhem without memory
>Triss Merigold tries to help you with that, and also tries to take you for herself an away from Yennefer (you don't remember who is she in the first game, and almost during the second)

The second game should be played, because there are many important characters and stories related to Witcher 3

The rest of Witcher 1 is skipabble, and even the ending doesn't have too much sense given the ending of Witcher 3 (you need too much imagination to make it fit) The only stuff I miss from the Witcher 1 are the sex cards and the sex options. Much more scarce in the next games.
>>
Look up some summaries for 1 and 2
>>
>>332591869
Also, reading the books should be mandatory to understand The Witcher and the story of Ciri.
>>
>>332590616
i don't need, at all.
i made your mom suck my dick only with gestures
>>
Geraldo of Rivera has to fight the Wild Cunt to save his stepdaughter Ellie
>>
Play at least w2 first. Also read the books.
Then play w1. Then buy a pc and play it at 144 fps.
>>
>>332593412
easy peasy
>>
>>332591869
Would you recommend playing with a controller, or with the keyboard and mouse? I tried both when I played briefly and wasn't sold on either.
>>
>>332587336
Best possible Witcher experience:

>go through The Witcher blind (memory loss)
>read the books (Triss explaining your past on the boat ride in 2)
>play the rest
>>
I never played 1.
A friend lent me 2 and I played through 3 times. It was one of my favorite games.
Now I'm over 150 hours in 3 and it's also one of my favorite games.
I don't feel like I'm missing anything important because both games tell you over and over what happened previously. Plus with the glossery/codex/journal/whatever is really extensive and will go even more in depth.
I would definitely recommend playing 2 first, but you don't need to play 1. And fuck books man.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.