[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2D Metroid like games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
Can we have a thread about 2D Metroid like games?
No game can sufice my hunger for metroid (not that i played that many)
This one is kind of doing the trick
>>
File: spirit-tree-desktop_wide.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
spirit-tree-desktop_wide.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Best game on this gen.
>>
Strider is decent
>>
>>332583914
>strider
sounds familiar, was it featured on game center cx?
>>
>>332583914
Second that. It's very ok.
>>
>>332584260
Strider is a pretty old series, it had games on consoles like the NES and the character was featured in Marvel vs Capcom series. The most recent version is far more metroid-like (although still a bit linear). It wasn't outstanding, but if you like cyberpunk and ninjas you'll enjoy it

I know of other metroidvanias, but they don't feel like Metroid itself
>>
What was that indie game that was Kuckstarted that feels exactky like metroid? There's a trailer on YouTube but I just can't remember the name.
>>
>>332584853
Ghost Song?
>>
>>332584853
Axiom Verge?
>>
>>332585090
There it is, eagerly anticipating it.
>>
>>332583560
SotN, is one of my favorite games. Honestly though, it's only for the art and music. The idea of the castle being explorable in any order you choose is nice, but doesn't really appeal to me that much. I kind of prefer games that are semi-linear. Something like Super Mario 3, where there is some optional branching and warps, but mostly you just advance forward.

Imagine SM3, where on the first world map there's some door that you can't open until you get a special key from another stage and have to back track all the way back just to open that door. I don't get the appeal of that.

Maybe you can explain it?
>>
Salt and Sanctuary is surprisingly really good.
>>
>>332586164
Backtracking with all the upgrades makes stomping enemies that you had trouble with before satisfying and makes the travel itself shorter. Also you can discover other upgrades on the way there, with all the equipment you have
>>
>>332585507
Beta was pretty sweet senpai

Tight controls, great grafix, all that jazz
>>
>>332584853
>>332585090
>>332588654
What's the story with this one, anyway? Wasn't he supposedly putting it out at least a year ago?
>>
I'm going for the 3 hour run on Valdis Story.

Which character and build should I run for the smoothest quick journey?
>>
>tfw every cutscene in Ori is a literal coin toss to see if it crashes or not
>>
>>332589001
It's just one guy working on it alone and he never once promised a release date beyond the original tentative one for the Kickstarter.

He really only posts updates every few months or so, except on Twitter, where it's every few weeks or so. He specifically said he doesn't want to give a release date until he's absolutely sure he's almost done, because the last thing he'd want is to say "it comes out X day" and then miss it.
>>
>>332585090
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this game looks tight!
>>
>>332589298
>He specifically said he doesn't want to give a release date until he's absolutely sure he's almost done, because the last thing he'd want is to say "it comes out X day" and then miss it.
Good reasoning.

So how's he going with it? I watched some footage of the beta and thought it looked pretty neat.
>>
File: header.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
Environmental Station Alpha's pretty good. Liked it more than Axiom Verge myself.
>>
>>332589474
I'd say check his Twitter but recently he's been binging on Dark Souls 3 after buying the nip version

He's at least working on it every day, or so he claims
>>
>>332589031
I did a luck Vladyn build centered on the 100-demon arm and by the end it was broken as fuck, built in life leech too. Got the arena achievement with it.
Reina has pretty good damage with melee and reckoning
>>
>>332585090
>>332588654
>>332589639
This looks amazing
>>332589543
Forgot about it, gonna check it out
>>
>>332590812
How is Vladyn so OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mis8bojxzTk
>>
>>332591430
Holy shit that damage is insane. I S-Ranked Leilodin too but that's just ridiculous.
>>
>>332583560
Where the fuck is the PC Definitive Edition?
>>
>>332592063
He probably started off with a luck build and switched to AGI later after he amassed some ancient coins for that one upgrade on the end of Vladyn's gun skill tree.
>>
Anywhere i can download the beta for Ghost Song?
>>
>>332592819
Yeah, but I didn't think that the damage would be so high. I hope they work on the sequel, that cliffhanger was really interesting
>>
>>332593654
Notice those strong hits are also coming after skill cancels, due to that skill that increases the next shot after one.
>>
>>332589031
I've t ried several times and I just can't get into this game
>>
>>332594057
Why not? It's flawed, but fun
>>
>>332594057
It's really only decent if you already like games of its type and can relish the challenge.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.