[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So guys, about PS4k. As a concerned PS4 owner, I politely tweeted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ps4-tank.jpg (247 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
ps4-tank.jpg
247 KB, 850x478
So guys, about PS4k.

As a concerned PS4 owner, I politely tweeted Yoshida about it and what it would mean for existing PS4 owners and a couple hours later my account was locked. So I'm pretty sure Sony are not your friends on this shit.
>>
>implying a multibillion dollar corporation was ever your friend
They're in the business of making money, not friends. Sony never gave a fuck about you, only your wallet.
>>
>>332577325
It's a figure of speech, anon. I expected either no reply (most likely) or a deflection. I didn't expect a locked twitter account
>>
lmao you can tell when /v/irgins have no experience with social media

fucking embarrassing
>>
It's going to be just like phones where the new software deliberately doesn't work as well on the older hardware, except it will be more exaggerated because phone apps aren't anywhere near as demanding as video games.

This thing has a code name, it has development kits already in the hands of studios who are actively targeting it. New PS4 games are going to run like complete and total ass on your original machine.

The console industry is going to have a hard time navigating this, no matter how many normies one thinks may be out there to buy in. People are just going to start waiting for the .5 update they know is coming and adoption rates will slow.

And then Sony will need to navigate when your PS4 controllers stop working. When backwards compatibility stops and you have to buy all of your games all over again [remastered of course].

This thing smells like the Atari 5200 all over again. The only that's changed is the production values.
>>
>>332577641
Yeah you're not allowed to tweet some exec or some shit about secret shit. Who would do that? Some neckbear who don't respect social mores? haha. Gotta be nice to our owners.
>>
>>332577641
I-I-I'm a virgin with no experience in social m-media. What did he do wrong?
>>
>>332577963
your account only gets locked for security reasons or if you're posting shit that's against the law. sony have no power to lock your account.

just another b8 thread guys
>>
>>332577641
Shu probably pressed the panic "CORPORATE PR PERSON RAPE" button and instantly got him banned for being detrimental to a valued and important American corporation.
>>
What they should do is just wait a few years and release the PS5 instead. Console generations didn't always last a decade, they used to last 6 years, in which case the PS4 would already be half way through it's lifecycle.

Given the fact that technology is advancing far faster than ever before, console generations should be getting shorter, not longer.
>>
>>332578102
Your account will get locked very easily on twitter if someone reports you unless you give them your phone number. They want to know who they're dealing with and have it go back to a real person. Asking tough, hard hitting questions to corporate Big Whigs that everyone can see when they ignore is not a way to get liked on twitter.
>>
>>332578242
But anon, games are taking LONGER to come out. Which means that console gens should be getting longer, or else PS4's entire library will be 400 games, while say PS2's was 8000. Consumers are not getting enough choices because there aren't that many games coming out. I mean sure, no one is going to buy the console's entire library but more games on the console means more choices--not everyone will like more than say 10-20 games, but the smaller the library, the smaller the chance someone will even find 5-6 games he likes on PS4.
>>
>>332578620
Just because you release the next console doesn't mean you completely stop support for the previous one. The PS2 got it's last game only 2 years ago.
>>
>>332579015
>Just because you release the next console doesn't mean you completely stop support for the previous one.
Ask Nintendo about that. Generally it will stop, especially from lazy third parties. You'll get maybe 1 year more and that is it. PS3 was lucky.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.