[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are one-man-made games the only hope left for quality gaming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: one-man games.png (272 KB, 910x631) Image search: [Google]
one-man games.png
272 KB, 910x631
Are one-man-made games the only hope left for quality gaming?
>>
>>332575548
Remove kiketale
>>
its the purest form of art. there is nobody to compromise your vision
>>
Wasn't Hotline Miami made by 2 guys?
>>
>>332575548

Works composed by a single person tend to be more focused, and less prone to excess and flash because they lack the resources

this is not news

also Undertale was not a one-man-made game, but like sure, it's close enough
>>
>>332575623
>kiketale
what?
>>
>>332576368
Since Undertale is popular on Tumblr, he feels like he has to blindly hate it whether or not he's even played the game.
>>
>>332576368
Undertale had half of its characters designed by Temmie, and he had art help in various other areas.

Also Kickstarter money, where as the other games were made in the creator's own time.
>>
>>332576517
I finished the game in pacifist and genoicide, the game is great and i like it , but i don't know why people loves it so much, it feels incomplete and the hsitry feels like is written by a 12 year old with loads of OC DONUT STEEL type characters.
>>
>>332576758
I can't argue about the whole "feels incomplete" thing, but I honestly feel the writing is like that to make you feel like a kid again, or something. So I guess if nostalgia-driven games aren't your thing, that could possibly be a negative.
>>
>>332575548
eh i dunno, i'm not sure i'd call interesting and entertaining yet short games like these "quality gaming". they're fun to play, but they really don't have the lasting presence of bigger, more polished and refined good games. at least IMO.

there's also the fact that games like Undertale rely a lot on the story and certain elements like the meta part that quickly lose their appeal after you've beaten the main routes at least once.
>>
RoR is practically only one guy as well
>>
Not sure HLM and UT count. I know toby had a few people help with undertale, But didn't hlm also have 3 people working on it?
>>
>>332577409
but it's shit.
>>
File: 1371726098010.png (73 KB, 240x377) Image search: [Google]
1371726098010.png
73 KB, 240x377
>>332577245
>but they really don't have the lasting presence of bigger, more polished and refined good games.
>Touhou
>No lasting presence

>Cave Story
>No lasting presence.
>>
>>332575548
what about stardew?
>>
>>332575548
Get that fruity ass fruitbowl gay Undertale crap out of there and replace it with something decent please.
>>
When is Undertale coming to Nintendo.
>>
>>332578609
Never because gamemaker/RPGmaker isn't supported on Nintendo hardware (I think).
>>
>>332577245
Both Cavestory and Touhou are highly influential video game franchises
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.