[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starsector
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: xuaQHch[1].gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
xuaQHch[1].gif
1 MB, 200x200
Shit taste edition
http://strawpoll.me/7231818/
>>
Is the game worth 15 bucks?
>>
>>332565086

Versant suck ass. It needs a buff. Can't even fire built in dual Harvest cannon without over fluxing itself. Sure, a player can be smart and stop shooting. In the hands of AI, it is completely shit.
>>
Why do people hate on Approlight? I find the ships rather nice-looking, if a bit overpowered.
>>
>>332566792
In other words: will this ever leave alpha?
>>
>>332566792
Pirate and give it a try. If you like it there shouldn't be a problem buying it then. You can also just wait for it to come out, that's understandable. Its been almost 4 years since I've owned the game.
>>
>>332567671
Well the money is actually not so much of an issue, but if it has been in development for four years already and it's still in alpha, do you feel like the dev is really behind this game, fixing bugs, adding new content, listening to the community etc.? Currently watching a 26 minute video from 4 months ago and it looks really neat. But the video of course is just a snapshot of that time and it's more about gameplay and not so much the development.
>>
File: VSwQyvS[1].png (187 KB, 276x452) Image search: [Google]
VSwQyvS[1].png
187 KB, 276x452
>>332566992
>if a bit overpowered
Probably why, its the same reason KT gets flak despite it calling itself an OP faction given to you as a challenge to fight. I like some of the designs and unique weapons, even if I don't find it fitting with vanilla's theme and balance.
>>
>>332568195
Not him, but if I understand correctly The dev cycle for Starsector is a bit different. The game will go like 8 months for no new releases, then a huge update is released. After the huge update smaller updates happen for a few months fixing bugs and tweaking, until its stable than the next huge release is worked on. Next huge release is said to have industry in it, which many people have been waiting for.
>>
>>332568195
The big issue with development time is indeed the one developer. He actively fixes bugs, adds content, polishes, play tests and is working toward adding a new big feature: Industry. It takes awhile, since he's only one guy but he isn't alone for other things like art or music.

He seems like a chill guy, and is active on the forums since the community helps out a lot with catching bugs for him to fix and giving feedback for things missed. He's active even if the game doesn't seem like it is, and mods definitely help keep things a bit more lively.
>>
>>332568195
No, don't buy it, just pirate it. If you can't live with yourself because of piracy, then just make the donation. At least the dev is dedicated to this game.
>>
>Goto Prism
>Just about every other time see a fucking Unsung
>Love the shit out of it
>but the fucking thing is so goddamn OP
>Love the shit out of it.
>>
File: java 2016-03-29 01-25-45-82.png (516 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
java 2016-03-29 01-25-45-82.png
516 KB, 1364x768
>>332570512
I regret not giving it a try earlier with all the times I've saw it at Freeport. Its pretty fun to use, and when I first gave it a test flight I realized why it was a Specialty Ship from the mod page. Still fun, and even if it got balanced to be more in-line with other capitals I'd still use it.
>>
>>332571369

Neutrino ships remind me of a mix of Starship Trooper ship design & Homeworld.

Diable outright deminds me of some Kith Somtaaw tier shit.

They're both my fucking cocaine in this game.
>>
So for starsector+, do I need to download all those factions seperately or are they included?

If I have to get them one at a time, are there any I should skip? I've been having fun with no mods so far but I can't touch anything without modding it.
>>
Yo doggs, I'm retarded and can't manage to get starsector+ working
What's a checklist of shit I need to get this fucker working?
>>
>>332571749

You need to download them yourself.

They aren't really necessary, but they fill a lot of blanks in play style.
>>
>>332572265

Download required mods.

ShaderLib
TwigLib
LazyLib

Read carefully and save yourself the hassle.
>>
>>332572265
LazyLib
ShaderLib
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726
>>
>>332571749
The mods most people consider well done are Intersellar Imperium, Tiadong Heavy Industries, Diable Avionics, and Black Rock Drive Yards. The other factions are fine, I personally like Approlight, but the quality/powerlevel varies between them.
>>
what's your opinion on the Hiigaran Descendants faction
>>
>>332572854
>>332572854

It's OP as fuck for the Starsector universe.

I mean FFS these niggas use projectile munitions in interstellar ship to ship combat.
>>
>>332574014
doesn't the Hegemony do that?
>>
File: mimir.gif (490 KB, 491x274) Image search: [Google]
mimir.gif
490 KB, 491x274
>>332565086
>>
How come the Hiigaran mod is missing from the vote? I haven't tried it myself but the ships look way better than the average mod. I hope the dude updates it to 7.2
>>
File: KFilQ7z[1].png (154 KB, 686x512) Image search: [Google]
KFilQ7z[1].png
154 KB, 686x512
http://pastebin.com/swzWjDet
WIP pastebin, this one I can edit to actually improve and make less shit. It has the mega before anyone asks. If there are better links, let me know. Still pruning over to make sure everything is in check. Working on the mods section, and everything after.

Looking to see if I missed anything I should recommend doing for modding, and any advice for starters, especially if they need help to git gud. Any other sections to add? I'd probably add other pastebins at the top if someone else has something to contribute.

>>332576143
The mods listed are the ones up to date and work with the newest version, 0.7.2. Same reason why Tiandong and Mayorate aren't there, despite how much I like those mods.
>>
>Get accosted and accused of smuggling by followers' faction
>'suspicious cargo' being some missile weapons and marines because marines are hard as fuck to find in my game
Bitch do you know who I am?
>>
>>332576530
Approlight is 7.1 though.
>>
>>332576530
Why dont you actually write a blurb for each well known mod and how they play/feel/story? ITs not that hard to do
>>
>>332576979

It doesn't trip up anything in 7.2 tho.

>Get a Pandemonium Battleship
>Figure I'll throw it into Omnifactory roll the dice on ship "quality"
>Fucking thing comes out Inferior
>worse then rough.

Goddamnit I waited a fucking month for that. FFS.
>>
>>332576979
If it works with 0.7.2 then I'll feel dumb and wish I could edit/add an option with existing votes. There has to be a better poll somewhere.

>>332577079
Good idea, I'll give that a shot
>>
>game requires java

Into the trash it goes
>>
>>332566992
I like approlight, but the problem is that they function like a normal faction instead of a boss faction, so they get all the benefits and none of the downsides
>>
Which Corvette would make the cutest corvette-tan?

Hecate, Seski, Robberfly (did I miss any?)
>>
File: cancerpost.jpg (50 KB, 528x384) Image search: [Google]
cancerpost.jpg
50 KB, 528x384
>>332577790
>>
>>332577891
Seski should have BIG SHADOWYARD TITTIES
>>
>>332577132
If Extra System was better made it would make this game Diablo-tier addictive, which makes me scared. Or imagine weapons with random prefixes and- ffffuck
>>
>>332578856

What would the random prefixes/suffixes for ship even do?
>>
>>332579225
Gay Wolf - Increased Gayness for Wolf. +20% range, can only mount tac lasers, salamanders and graviton beams
>>
>>332578856
>>332578856

I think Blackrocks shard weaponry have % chances to cause detonations on hull/armor, piercing.

Some weapons supposedly exhibit APHE function too.
>>
>>332578856
If someone makes a mod like that, then holy shit I would have to go through hell and back to get weapons all with the same affixes. It sounds like a mod that can easily taken too far like a Nebula Graviton Beam that'll reduce top speed as if you were in a nebula when hit.
>>
>>332579716
How about getting a tac laser that has the ion beam effect
>>
>>332580883
Unstable Phasing Reaper Torpedo - x% chance to phase for y seconds
Explosive Needler - x% damage converted to explosive
Forceful High Intensity Laser - Pushes affected targets scaling with damage
Fragmented Hellbore Cannon - Fragments x amount of times for y% of fragmentation damage on hit
Unique Protected Conquest - Ship system replaced with Damper Field, Hardened Shields
Unique Red-barreled Onslaught - Ship system replaced with Accelerated Ammo Feeder, Expanded Magazines

It would be too much

>>332579680
Another reason to like BRDY
>>
>>332579225
We already have them in the form of variant hullmods.
>>
>>332583346
Not exactly a good comparison.
>>
>>332571369
Goddamnit these retarded fork-battleships need to stop

what's the fucking point of wielding lots of big guns if you can't bear even half of them on a single target

also is it just me or is NGO OP? At least this heavy destroyer kills fucking everything
>>
What's a good frontliner for Diable? They don't really seem to have a straight up brawler Destroyer/Cruiser.

Also thanks Diable, for being at war with literally everyone and losing all your bases in like 6 months.
>>
Can someone give me a quick blurb on what this game is?
>>
>>332584497
Mount and Blade in spessssssssssssssss
>>
>>332584214
>what's the fucking point of wielding lots of big guns if you can't bear even half of them on a single target
All 6 of those Mjolners can fire at anything directly in front of the Unsung. The Unsung and Victory both have very generous turret firing arcs, all but the rear 2 large weapons on the Victory in the corner can shoot forward.
>>
Man Glaux Lance Repeaters are fucking trash on Pandemoniums.

>>332584214
No they don't.
>>
>>332580883
>>332582347
>>332578856
Dude this reminds me of how FTL had that one Arsenal mod that did all this, it was integrated into Captain's Edition.
Holy fuck would this game suddenly become even better. We should ask on the forums if it would even be possible though
>>
>>332584303

Gust and Maelstrom. I have less success with the others. Due to DA being right next to ducking Knights Templar, my finding are skewed towards fighting those OP assholes.
>>
>>332585102

It is possible, but Originem (Author of both Approlight and Extra System) appears to be missing in action right now.

I wouldn't demand too much of them either. They seem to have their plate full as it is.
>>
>>332584497
You fly a ship in 2D space and combat enemies with it. You can manage an entire fleet of spaceships where you control one and AI will control the rest of your ships.
Management of spacing, weapon timers, aiming, shields, and most importantly flux (too much and you'll overload and lose weapons + shields) are all vital to combat.
There are also macro game elements such as economy, missions, and factions but these are quite limited in comparison to the main feature of the game: combat.
Mods for the game further enhance these features or add new features that compliment the main game, such as basic 4X Strategy & faction overhauls. Most mods however add custom factions with their own set of ships and weapons.
>>
>>332585375
Well I am not talking about asking him to make the mod, I'm talking about asking people on the forum how feasible it is.
>>
>>332584497

A SHMUP, but you control a fleet with deep mechanics. Minus the bullet hell. Sometimes it can be a bullet hell.
>>
Possible Morpheus changes coming next Blackrock update.

>>332585102
I imagine if something like this is made, it could inspire other RPG-like mods.
>>
Holy crap I wanted to mod this game but this is fucking overwhelming. I guess I'll play with more mods to get a better idea?
>>
I just realized Starsector is basically the story of a group of planet's shenanigans post Empire of Man's collapse, sans the grimdark

someone should mod in the God-Emperor's crusade to reconquer the planets
>>
>>332565086
Why is the NGO so underrated? It's easily on par with BRDY/DA/II/SRA.
>>
>>332587968

I am guessing indistinct ships that looks like a dark triangle. Every other mod I can recognize the names and shape of their ship even if I don't have that mod. Can't even recall one NGO ship from my lurking.
>>
Just found this thread from the forums. Why is this in /v/ and not /vg/?
>>
>>332589302
we are one step from going there

someone needs to make a proper intro OP and that's it
>>
>>332589302
Thanks Tartiflette It may not survive /vg/, and there's a severe need of a proper pastebin that's currently a WIP.

One thing I'm worried about is if it survives, it'll turn to degeneracy with nothing but faction shitposting and circlejerking, then all the ship-tan lewds to follow.
>>
>>332590162
>It may not survive /vg/
Fair point.

>all the ship-tan lewds to follow
You say that like it's a bad thing
>>
>>332589302
Some of these threads don't even survive on /v/ and there's not enough content to keep it alive for more than a month or two, so what's the point?
>>
>>332590162
We are too small for that friend, my experience with /vg/ shows that generals turn to shit when they depend too much on game celebrities (star craft, ASSFAGGOTS), lewds (skyrim) or cater to a specifically autistic demographic (/gsg/)

>ship-tan lewds
i'm 100% ok with this
>>
Is there a point to better-trained crew besides increased CR when I have more than I need? Would I have any negative effects besides the CR regen by replacing everyone with greenhorns?
>>
Goddamn, Scy's fluff is great
>>
>>332589302
>>332590108
>>332590162

/vg/ would kill these threads. Let's not do that.
>>
File: screenshot018.png (62 KB, 566x320) Image search: [Google]
screenshot018.png
62 KB, 566x320
I chuckled.
>>
How does one increase the fleet size? Which file do I edit?
>>
>>332593309
I don't think there's really a point if there's excess. I sell off extra elite crew if it doesn't affect my CR and replace them with regular/recruits if I can get a good price for them. I do this especially in SS+ because paying elite crew salary cuts hard into my bank if I require 2,000+ crew even after the Making Do skill.
>>
File: djOS8nB.jpg (12 KB, 654x66) Image search: [Google]
djOS8nB.jpg
12 KB, 654x66
>>332594019
>>
>>332593309

Fighters need high CR to field more replacement wings. If you are running a carrier fleet, the Elites crew are a necessity.
>>
>>332594398
Bernie is the anti-christ CONFIRMED
>>
>>332594070

Vanilla

starsectorcore/data/configs/settings.json

"maxShipsInFleet"

SSP+
mods/SSP+/data/config/settings.json

"maxShipsInFleet"
>>
>>332582347
Can't the ship quality modifiers be implemented with hullmods? We already have things like XIV in vanilla.
>>
>>332587968
Not by far.
>>
>>332596261
Probably, and adding a duplicate ship with a different ship system shouldn't be too difficult. I think the only issue is how the codex will be spammed with ship variants because of different modifiers for each one. It would be pretty packed if we saw more modifiers than we already have in mods.
>>
>>332597141
Is it not possible to dynamically add the hullmods when ships were spawned?
>>
So now that industry is finally SOON, industry when, you recon?
>>
>>332598903
Maybe Q2 this year, I'm hoping for fighter revamp to come before then.
>>
File: kerbportraits copy.png (18 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
kerbportraits copy.png
18 KB, 128x128
OK made myself a portrait, now I can be a cool alien!
>>
>>332599769
Q2 literally begins tomorrow.
>>
Someone post Yamato stats screen please.
>>
>>332597398
I don't know at all, I'm no modder and can only speculate. Try asking on the forums in the Modding section to see if its even viable to randomly generate variants like you would fleets but without being a permanent addition.

Sounds like a tremendous workload if it was even possible.

>>332599903
Shit, I thought I said Q3. I still expect any big feature to happen once a year. 3 month deadline to add Industry sounds pretty short, even if it just came with basic features.
>>
>>332599769
Try october/november bro.
>>
File: 20160329125437_1.jpg (236 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160329125437_1.jpg
236 KB, 1920x1080
>>332600226
>>
>>332600413
Thanks, would you by any chnace have the detailed info as well??
>>
I've downloaded almost all the faction mods

what should I expect, beyond a clusterfuck
>>
>>332594996
Oh shit you have to edit the SS+ file to change fleet size.
I only did it for the vanilla folder.
RIP current save.
>>
>>332594996
doing this will pretty much put your framerate into the trashcan though, right?
>>
Fellow miners, where's your favorite spot to mine? Modded obviously, and Corvus mode as well.
I'm finding myself making profits off of unstable worlds, but just barely. Anyone know some lucrative spots to make some spacebux?
>>
>>332601560
People will hate your guts because you trade with their enemies. With that many factions, each will have a bunch of enemies.

If you play Nexerelin with a faction that follows you, you'll be able to buy ships and equipment from any faction through your home planet, though they'll cycle through every thirty days.
>>
>>332602621
is there any mayor problem with the 7.1 factions or i don't need to worry about crashes

playing ss+
>>
>>332601989

No. If you cannot field them all at once if you don't increase battle size. That can be accessed in game options.

It may still shit up for FPS on campaign map with huge ass fleet flying around.
>>
>>332602807

71a and 72a are mostly the same except for a few UI and balance changes. I am pretty sure 72a mods are backwards compatible to some degrees.
>>
>>332576530
Are you able to copy the blurbs for each mod from their thread on the official forums?
I've never edited a pastebin before, but I'll do it if I'm able.
>>
Do you think the ability to add blinking lights to ships would be added? Would it hinder performance too much? Larger ships could definitely use them.
>>
>>332604182

Ships can already have blinking lights. BRDY has a few ships that have beeps and boops.
>>
>>332602058
Earth Eccentric is the planet type that provides rare ore I believe.
Volatiles often sell for far more than Ore and Organics, so it's a good idea to get those as well.
>>
>>332605123
You have a system name I could find such a planet in?
This makes me think it would be neat to have an in-game planetary body repository. Maybe one that records planets as you discover them. Would make exploring more exciting.
>>
When exactly do markets refresh? It's not on the 1st on each month.
>>
>>332605505

I play in Nexerelin and set Max Planet high and number of stations low. Factions tend to spawn on planet with stations and leave some planets mine-able. You can get a nice system with a mine-able watery planet. You can get lobsters at random this way. It is also nice to not have to go to empty systems just to mine. Corvus doesn't appear to have a watery world that is mineable as far as I know. Fuck those Sindrian dicks, they never sell lobsters.
>>
>>332605505
I don't recall where exactly the planet type spawns, or if it's even in Vanilla starsector.
>>
File: pack_portrait_f2.png (27 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
pack_portrait_f2.png
27 KB, 128x128
What isn't there a lewd portrait pack out there?
>>
warhammer 40k mod when
>>
>>332607850
There was one, its been dead for awhile now. Maybe the new Battlefleet Gothic game will spring some life and someone will try to revive the mod.
>>
>>332594398
Can we mod names in?
>>
>>332608460
Yes, in \starsector-core\data\characters\person_names.csv

Both Bernard and Sanders are in there btw so it's possible the screenshot was not modded
>>
kek, loaded so much shit into the game that it won't even load
>>
>>332609012
If you didnt already, try increasing the ram
java just crashes with me sometimes too
>>
>>332607850
Why would anyone make that? IP mods are the haven of those with no imagination of their own. Those with talent have their own vision and stories typically not wishing to rehash the products of others.
>>
>>332609339

Uh, several of the major mods are already references to another series.

Not that I care for WarHammer 40k. Their art style is shit.
>>
>>332607275
There is. I have a bunch from an h-game, they aren't that lewd though unless 'blushing and smiling a little' is lewd.
>>
>>332609339
because lore wise starsector might was well be pre-imperium mankind

domain of man = terran society pre machine war

it has blueprints and universal manufacturers, technology loss, isolation.

if it were 10000 years instead of 200 it'd be crying to get crusaded by a primarch
>>
>>332609339
>Diable Avionics
>Blackrock Driveyards
>Interstellar Imperium
These are all references, among others. Adapting them to work in Staresctor isn't easy you dumb nigger
>>
>>332610174
I can see Diable (Front Mission) but how are BRDY or II IP mods?
>>
how the hell am I supposed to outfit the nevermore
>>
>>332610521
II is the Roman Empire, silly.
Blackrock Drive Yards is literally Blackrock Shooter, it's the most weeb faction next to ApproLight
>>
>>332611280
>Blackrock Shooter

Are you retarded?
>>
>supply prices 150+ literally everywhere
What the fuck, I'm going bankrupt every time I refuel.
>>
haha guys just dropping in from the forums haha

really cool place you have here :D

*goes back to playing with the insane Morpheus*

@No.332611540 Anonymous calm down, pretty sure it was a joke no need to be rude lol
>>
>>332611280
>Blackrock Drive Yards is literally Blackrock Shoote
u wot m8
>>
>>332611634
lol thats kiddy shit
my first 2 games had supplies costing 1000+, didn't know that was unusual, thought it was just supposed to be brutal.
>>332611701
try harder
>>
>>332611634

Don't fuck around in hyperspace unless you have to. It's a waste of fuel.
>>
>>332584628
literally this.

>dick around fighting bandits till you build up a small force
>try trading and go bankrupt instantly from the broken economy
>suddenly sea raiders/luddic path fuck your shit right up
>>
>>332612561
>sea raiders
God, now I remember how much I hate those little fuckers.
>>
>>332611280
ah yes, the absolute connection of two unrelated names, coupled with the famous intellectual property "the roman empire"
>>
>>332589302
There was a general for this
It just died
>>
Question for you homies. Once the weekend comes around and I'm done with cancerous school work I plan on playing a ton (finally) and working on my shitty fighter mod. I've been seeing in threads that a fighter/carrier re-balance should be coming in the future. Is it safe to assume I can work on fighters without worrying about getting memed on? I have a few ideas written down already and I'm hella excited to start working on them.
>>
ok i got the game and starsector+
what other mods do i install and what do they do

hell what does even starsector+ do
>>
>>332613063
Read the fucking modding thread. Save yourself and us the trouble.
>>
File: ho ho ho.gif (112 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
ho ho ho.gif
112 KB, 150x150
>tfw just upgraded ram from 4 to 8

I'm going to install ALL the mods.

ALL OF THEM.
>>
>>332612967

Just go ahead. You are going to need to get familiar with what the game can and cannot do anyway.
>>
>>332613497
where?
>>
File: go.jpg (41 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
go.jpg
41 KB, 400x330
>>332613617
>>
>>332613063
fractalsoftworks period com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0
Dick around in SS+ for a bit, get the hang of the basics. It makes the game a bit harder, but adds a few mechanics and rounds the game out a bit more. Get all the utility mods you want. Nexellerin is pretty popular, gives you a concrete win condition and gives it more of a mount & blade feel, faction wars and all that. then install whatever factions look cool with ships you want to fly.
>>
>>332613704

The hell? How did you get the mods in the first place?

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7679.0

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0
>>
>>332613792
not him but i downloaded from someone on these threads who uploaded his mods folder in mega
>>
>>332613876
just dick around on the mods section, maybe there are some that werent included
>>
>>332611701
I hope you're proud of yourself. You almost killed the real Cycerin. Almost had a stroke.
>>
>>332613876
That mod pack is for version 0.7.1
>>
>>332614112
shut the fuck up dr
>>
>>332614129
does it matter? what's different in the later versions?
>>
>>332614202

See.

>>332603356
>>
File: Untitled.png (174 KB, 858x319) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
174 KB, 858x319
I was lucky as hell
>>
>Nexerelin v0.7.4c

Should I install this mod?
>>
>>332565086
I failed miserably as a Gust captain. Shit has ridiculous spin inertia.
>>
>>332611540
>>332611784
>>332612780
>3 people actually fell for such stupid fucking bait
>>
>>332615442
>hurr durr i am only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>332615247
You think that's bad? I was once piloting a Luddic Path Onslaught that had 1 hull left by the end of a fight
>>
>>332615247
Nice buzzsaw
>>
>>332615247
>8 seconds left till CR degrade and eventual malfunctions too
Close one
>>
>>332615247
>bump into an asteroid
>>
I think making an info pic would be a worthwhile endeavor. What shit should I put in it though? I don't want the thing to become a 10meg png of WORDSWORDSWORDS.
>>
>>332615815
Just a list of all the shit that gets posted every single thread
>>
>>332615815
I'd go with more gameplay information in an info pic over setup information. Something like good starter ships+loadouts.
>>
>>332615815
who the fuck cares these threads will die off during the long winter between patches
>>
>>332615312

Yeah. It is very nice when you tweak it to your liking.

I recommend changing "maxMarketProcurementConcurrent" to 90 in

starsectorcore/data/configs/settings.json

for vanilla

mods/SSP/data/configs/settings.json

for SSP+.

Trading can be whack in Nexelerin, so increasing procurement mission is a remedy to that.

Corvus Mode in Nexerelin is the vanilla star map.
>>
>>332615815

Shift Click and Drag.

Played for hours and I had to buy shit by click cause how the hell am I supposed to know.
>>
>>332615815
info pic would probably help explain transponders and smuggling better for beginners. If you want modding related you could add a picture of a ship of various popular mods to display, with brief pro/cons for each.

Throwing some ideas out there
>>
>>332616140
That's because you either didn't tick the "help" box in the character creation screen or you dismissed the prompt about it when you went to the store.
>>
>>332579680
The Scy lasers (the ones with charges) inflict explosive damage on armor and hull
>>
File: 1457483898434.gif (9 KB, 138x164) Image search: [Google]
1457483898434.gif
9 KB, 138x164
Anyone have a link to anon's portrait pack?
>>
>>332617631
The messy one?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i5fv2c6a68po3va/Messy_Portrait_Pack.zip
>>
>>332617940
Thanks, mate
>>
File: rextremendae.png (856 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rextremendae.png
856 KB, 1920x1080
I wish you could push ships beyond flux limits to do more with the risk of damage.
>>
>>332619037
What the fuck is that
>>
>>332619037
Sounds like a ship system or ill-advised hull modification the Luddic Path would have.

>>332619037
5 nasty neutrino beam weapons on a hot modified Paragon with a better version of energy focus.
>>
>>332619504
Second part meant for >>332619451
>>
File: 1459129089927.jpg (280 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1459129089927.jpg
280 KB, 900x675
>>332619037
Jesus Christ, anon.
You think you'll get that Scarab this time?
>>
>>332619504
Slap maximized ordnance on it for maximum OPs
>>
>>332609791
>There is.
post it then
>>
>>332603452
I've just added that to the pastebin now, or at least tried. Trying to briefly describe a faction and give any pro/con isn't easy. I want to be concise without going something like:

Shadowyards - Original ships/weapons. High tech, mobility focus, decent shields, fragile hulls.
Tiandong - Modified and original ships/weapons.Low/Mid-tech, artillery focus, oversized weapon slots, durable, slower.

Unless I should, and just skip any part of trying to add and failing miserably at briefly touching on their faction background. I'm probably better off not trying to test my writing skills.
>>
>>332621449
Scy: high tech, high flux capacity, low passive vent, high active vent, high burn, low combat speed (mostly), decent bombers, low radar signature, some ships have extra armor pieces.

BRDY: fast active venting, low flux capacity, high combat speed and maneuverability, good alpha strike potential, Achilles MRM is a overall better Salamander, shard weapons deal extra damage to armor and hull
>>
>>332575381
Great ship to pilot, but the AI loves to die in it. I've seen too many SRA fleets bring a couple Mimirs, where they lock drive into a fleet and get surrounded immediately.
>>
Changelog for the next Diable update. I hope it address most of the issues reported, but if you have something else to add, now is a good time to voice it out.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10046.msg185883#msg185883
>>
>>332626274
Make every ship be able to transform. Make it so they can all form up into one big ship. Add anime portraits as avatar for diable.
>>
>>332626503
Great ideas! Going to do that right now!
More seriously, I really need to add portraits at some point, and ship combinations is something that was envisaged, but not for Diable.
>>
>>332626875
For what then?
>>
>>332587968
Because people are tasteless shitstains. The donar and vidar are arguably the best looking mod ships.
>>
>>332587968
Shit taste, mostly.
>>
>>332627038
Scy actually, when we were developing Twiglib with Debido. Something along the lines of a "Frigate Carrier". I would have been able to transport 4 special ships optimized for combat that had 0 burn otherwise, and use them as escort or dock them as additional flux sink and turrets.
>>
>>332626274
Add lewd portraits
>>
>Smallish patrol/trade fleet all alone in the open
>Mouse over it
>Olympus launcher
Christ almighty.
>>
>>332627501
Nice idea.

Still I now want a fleet going full GATTAI!
>>
>>332628130
The biggest danger is actually crashing your PC.
>>
Guys, how do make starsector use more memory? It's running like ass when the battles are too big, and I heard that it uses 32bit java, and followed a thread on the forums about it, and now it's just crashing.
>>
>>332628916
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=starsector+ram+64bit
>>
>>332628916
Did you do this?
>http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726

If yes, use JRE7 instead.
>>
File: 1457387159443.jpg (252 KB, 960x1281) Image search: [Google]
1457387159443.jpg
252 KB, 960x1281
Are mods a must for this game? or is it enjoyable as vanilla as well?
>>
>>332629464
Yes.
>>
>>332629464
Mods are optional. Better to play the base game first before trying out mods, if you still want to by then.
>>
>>332629286
Aye, that's what I went with. It seems to crash shortly after loading. I'd ask the forum thread but I don't want to ask for tech support on the forum when I'm a filthy pirate. Gonna buy when the industry update comes out.
>>
Love this game but I always get spanked. Never manage to get enough money together to build up a proper fleet and I always end up getting stomped while inches away from having enough to afford that next ship. Wat do?
>>
>>332629957
Did you install mods? I kept crashing because some mods that needed Shaderlib couldn't find it.
>>
>>332630080
Yeah, a ton. It was slowing down the game so I looked up ways to get the game to use more memory. I think the problem might be with how I edited the vmparams file, as it seems to have changed since the OP of that thread.
>>
Poll sites: Shit taste edition.

Enjoy your vote bots, faggot. SHOULD HAVE USED POAL.ME
>>
So i just started this game, got question.

What's the best way for a beginner to rack in dosh fast?

Get few mule ships and do cargo/shipment runs or hunt pirates for bounties?
>>
>>332630293
Thread is fine as all you really need to change are Xms and Xmx. Your text editor might have ruined its formatting though if you really think it got fucked up.

Use JRE7 instead of 8. That fixed my problem before.
>>
File: screenshot029.png (674 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot029.png
674 KB, 1920x1080
>>332630013
be anime
>>
>>332630373
do this
>>332616045
>>
>>332630516
Well, shit. I think I opened it originally with notepad++ and then went to regular notepad. I don't have a backup that hasn't been touched/opened.
>>
>>332630638
How much memory do you have, senpai?
>>
>>332630774
16GB, senpai. I run my browser and other shit in a second monitor, though, so I'd like to have quite a bit to spare.
>>
>>332630774
Memory doesn't affect it as much as a processor to be honest.
>>
>>332630939
I'm on an i7-4790K @4.00GHz. It's definitely not that.
>>
>>332630834
4chan is blocking my embed. I'll try to upload mine. But I can't stress enough how you should totally use 7 instead of jre8 if you're having problem booting the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/93wb5j883y2vi80/vmparams
>>
Stheno is so fucking annoying to fight against.
>>
>>332631054
Oh, yeah, I'm using 7. Thanks, senpai.
>>
>>332630080
Can you post the end of your log? Also what are your mods and game versions? (can't help you if we don't know what the error is exactly)

The slowdown might be caused by your drivers. (Or your card if you have an ATI) You can try to disable shaderlib in its settings.json while keeping the mod active.

Also:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10931.msg185706;boardseen#new
>>
>>332631167
The ibb destroyer or the Scy cruiser?
>>
>>332631534
The ibb destroyer
>>
>>332600824
there is a ship browser you know, press f1
>>
File: fuck me.png (4 KB, 433x167) Image search: [Google]
fuck me.png
4 KB, 433x167
help im retarded
>>
>>332631054
Nope, still crashing.
>>
>>332631786
One of your mods is meant for Starsector 0.7.2.
>>
>>332631926
Delete your log file. Restart the game. Then paste that log file on pastebin or something.
>>
File: fug.png (481 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
481 KB, 1920x1080
How fucked am I?
Can I only hope to survive with all ships and get the Onslaught last?
It's fucking armed to the teeth.
>>
>>332632153
You could just tell all your ships to focus on the onslaught and hope you can overload it.

Otherwise I'd just get the fuck out of there.
>>
>>332631987
Goddamn, the paste's too big for pastebin.
>>
>>332632153
>Mjollnir loadout

Sheeeit, son. Not looking good. You can surround it and probably take it down but prepare to lose some of your ships.
>>
>>332632354
Even after you deleted its previous entries?
>>
>>332632153
That's not so bad, put a AVOID order on the Onslaught to keep your frigates away, dispatch the small fry, then gang up on the big baddie.

>>332632354
Only the last couple dozen of lines are necessary.
>>
>>332629464
They are pretty much a must. There isn't anything to do in vanilla otherwise.
>>
>>332632461
This. Learning to use Avoid orders can save your day
>>
>>332632153
Also, use 3. Attempt to disengage. Sometimes the AI would deploy less against retreating enemy
>>
>>332632458
Aye, straight up deleted every .log file there was. Still 3,705 KB.

>>332632461
http://pastebin.com/jjm5PBw6
>>
>>332632461
Didn't know you could issue avoid orders.
Thanks.
>>332632343
The only way to overload it would probably be to use my torpedos and supercharge my flagship at the same time while avoiding his fire.
And getting the fug out is impossible since emergency burn is on CD and he's blasting at me full speed from my save point.
>mfw
>>332632440
Mjollnir loadout? I'm completely new so I don't really know how I should build my fleet.
>>
>>332632812
He's talking about the weapons on the Onslaught. Mjolnir Cannon is considered one of the best large weapons and is very effective even in AI hands.
>>
>>332632761
Heh, that error isn't really helpful. If you can't get the launcher at all it does seems like a corrupted vmparam, or you didn't properly replaced the jre with java 64.
>>
>>332632812
There's sort of a small cooldown between when a ship can try to engage you again on the world map after a fight.

You could use that time to escape.
>>
File: Untitled.png (35 KB, 257x327) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35 KB, 257x327
Should I save money to buy the overprice POS?
>>
>>332633137
One of the best IBB ships, and maybe the best destroyer. Totally worth the price.
>>
>>332633097
I can get the game to launch, it just crashes immediately after loading everything, right before it hits the main menu.
>>
>>332633117
There is nothing like this available right now. I either have to duke it or retreat in shame.
>>332633062
Oh, is it those laser burst canons? They're ripping me apart.
>>
>>332633237
Humm, that might be an outdated mod then, or you are missing one of the required utility mods like Lazylib, Shaderlib or TwigLib.
>>
>>332633432
The only thing I can think of is recently updating shaderlib and dropping the 'deluxe' settings in.

Combat chatter had made it crash in the past, but that's been disabled for a while now.
>>
>>332633303
No; those are Onslaught's built-in weapons called Thermal Pulse Cannon
>>
>>332633432
>>332633590
Yeah, that's gotta be it. Does anyone have the 0.7.1a-RC5 version of shaderlib?
>>
>>332633965
Why are you playing outdated version m8
>>
New SCY sprites when?
>>
>>332633986
it was the version that was posted in a mediafire link in a /v/ thread a few weeks ago, wanted to try the game out before actually buying
gonna wait for the next big update though
>>
I just got this game. Is there a list of mods somewhere?
>>
>>332634269
Yes.
>>
>When i get to Jodi's home i just throw the fish on the ground
grody
>>
>>332634269
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=7679.0

Any mod listed under there is decent
>>
Lewd ship-fus when?
>>
Are the cabals supposed to be Jews, illuminati or scientologists?
>>
File: rip.png (57 KB, 552x112) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
57 KB, 552x112
;_;7
>>
Do all ships have a fixed place where to buy them? Or does it change?
>>
>>332633432
>>332633590
>>332633965
Nope, that wasn't it either. Downgraded to the previous shaderlib version and it's still crashing.
>>
I started yesterday and now have 1.1 million cash. I joined some Tri Something faction I believe and bought their destroyer ship. But lately it doesn't cut it anymore. Do I go with the huge ass 400k+ mega ship or is there something better? My fleet fully employed eats over 80 units, but I only have 80 deploy points. How do I increase that?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.