[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What game has done radiant quest/missions right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: BBK.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BBK.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
What game has done radiant quest/missions right?
>>
none of them
>>
File: 1458745581522.png (143 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458745581522.png
143 KB, 800x1000
>>332547949
None of them, it's a stupid concept
>>
>>332547949
Daggerfall only because it was a dungeon crawler and had timed quests.
>>
File: mad.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mad.gif
1 MB, 640x360
It's literally a fancy name for copy paste quests, so the whole concept is utter fucking trash from the beginning and needs to burn.
>>
At least Bethesda didn't use seeded dungeons made by a random number generator again after Daggerfall. That let to such clusterfuck shit-awful dungeons

They kept the shitty random number generator garbage quests, though. >BRING ME BACK 4 BEAR ASSES AND I'LL DECLARE YOU KING OF THE GUILD....christ, Todd, hire a fucking writer so for the first time maybe you have a game that doesn't have shit writing (and shit quests)
>>
>>332548831
Only Arena had random generated dungeons. Daggerfall was prebuilt and probably or most likely used procedural generation tools to make dungeon. The thing they ever admitted completely random generating was the overworld terrain.
>>
>>332547949
Every game that's implemented them.

You'd have to be pretty retarded to complain that a game gives you infinite content.
>>
I actually don't have any problem with the concept of radiant quests as long as they only exist as additional activities and aren't the focus over hand-crafted and well-written quests. I'd love to see them improved further. Say you want to play an assassin for hire, the radiant quest concept could give you a continuous source of new targets. You don't have to retire after finishing all the written quests.
>>
>>332549301
But less is more! Having nothing to do makes games more fun!
>>
>>332547949
Depends on what you think is right. It's, by definition, grinding with some reward attached. No story, no real progression, nothing - just grinding for xp/loot. So technically they all achieved what they tried to do, give the player busywork.
>>
>>332549301
>infinite content

Yeah, Skyrim's fetch quests sure were great.
>>
>>332547949
>>332548542
SECOND
SEASON

WHEN

I know, it's never
>>
File: Hamburger tears.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Hamburger tears.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>332550381
>>
>>332550381
Never and that's fine by me since worst girl wins.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.