[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: metroid_prime_federation_force.jpg (272 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
metroid_prime_federation_force.jpg
272 KB, 1000x500
According to Gamexplain:

-"Pretty good, not amazing"

-A fun team based shooter with Tri-Force Heroes vibes

-Boss fights left something to be desired.

-Missions could end up being too similar.

https://youtu.be/F24tm90j3Sg
>>
>Gamexplain

Those guys support Josh 'TheBitchBlock' Turner. I wouldn't take these guys too seriously.

They really aren't giving the game enough credit. Detractors should be shunned by everyone at this point, because this game looks great.
>>
>>332539329
>because this game looks great.

If you like to eat shit, well, ok.
>>
>>332539558
Face it, kiddo. The only reason anyone has any issues with the game is because they're butthurt about a Metroid game not being what they wanted.

Having a high quality, cooperative FPS on the 3DS is a novel idea, one that I'm anxious to see in action.
>>
File: 1cCQt.jpg (37 KB, 365x450) Image search: [Google]
1cCQt.jpg
37 KB, 365x450
>>332539727
>high quality, cooperative FPS on the 3DS is a novel idea
>>
>>332539727
Fuck off you retard. There is nothing "high quality" about this game, even if you ignore it's supposed to be Metroid.
>>
>>332538769
-A fun team based shooter with Tri-Force Heroes vibes
But most people considered Tri force heroes to be meh at best.
>>
>>332539727
>multiplayer games on a handheld rather than a console
>ever a good idea
>>
File: 1458231973667.jpg (54 KB, 470x719) Image search: [Google]
1458231973667.jpg
54 KB, 470x719
>>332539727
Dont you have to make shitty reviews god
How much are they paying you to like this chibi shit aberration
>>
>>332538769
So basically, mediocre to bad, which encompasses my experience with the 3DS library where I find more value in ports and DS games.

What a disappointing console, should have waited YEARS instead of buying an XL new.
>>
>>332540216
>Metroid Prime Hunters
>Kid Icarus Uprising
>>
It's sort of mind boggling what Nintendo has done to Metroid. Prime should have been a novel thing, and interesting take on Metroid, and then move on. They've completely run the franchise into the ground.
>>
>>332540140
Triforce heroes is probably one of the worst Zelda games just for the concept itself. Game isn't THAT bad in technical aspects, it just has a stupid multiplayer-only lock.
>>
>>332540860
You kidding me? TFH is fun as fuck and one of the most creative Zelda games ever.
>>
Can't wait to pirate it when it gets leaked.
>>
Andre is fucking savage
>"The game is decent."
>"I wouldn't even go so far as to call it that."
>>
>>332539727
Give it up, nobody is gonna give this game a chance because of the "controversy" when it was announced.

They tried attaching Metroid to it so it wouldn't completely be ignored like Codename STEAM, but it backfired and instead everyone got mad.

People claim they want Nintendo to make new IPs and try new things, but when they do either of those things nobody wants them. And then when they just give people what they want by making Zelda remakes and more Mario and Kirby people call them rehashes.

Nintendo literally cannot win.
>>
File: metroid FF.png (268 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
metroid FF.png
268 KB, 1000x700
wait let me post my oc
>>
>>332539329

Gamexplain are just friends with him

They are a fuck ton more professional than Josh

Also Federation Force is going to turn out decent on it's own right the Metroid name still bothers everybody
>>
this looks hilariously shit
>>
>Tri-Force Heroes vibes

Welp, considering how well TFH turned out, I am going to stay far fucking away from it. Jesus fuck the online for that was absolutely horrendous.
>>
>>332538769
>GameExplain
Andre's voice annoys the fuck out of me. He talks way too fast and has some sort of lisp. Dude need's to slow the fuck down and enunciate so I can understand the words that are coming out of mouth.
>>
>>332539329
Josh is such an incredible faggot, it amazes me that he continues to put himself out there the way he does
>>
>>332542832
It's not a lisp, he just has a nose for a mouth

>>332542617
>considering how well TFH turned out
Pretty good...? Definitely exceeded my expectations and then some.
>the online was horrendous
Oh I see the problem. You're supposed to play these games with IRL friends.
>>
File: ZcqjSgt.jpg (22 KB, 238x328) Image search: [Google]
ZcqjSgt.jpg
22 KB, 238x328
>>332541995
>guy doing drake pose
Made me chuckle wuckle.
>>
Games like this are always shit on and ignored, then praised to the sun when it doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>332543650
>Games like this
Spinoffs?
Multiplayer games?
Be more specific
>>
>>332543808
Flawed but creative games probably.
>>
>>332543650
I meant games that try to change things up for those who know the franchise well. So spin-offs, I guess.

I admit that I exaggerated when I said "praise to the sun". My point is Metroid fans are probably gonna like this game somewhere down the line when it isn't $40 and the latest game in the series.
>>
>>332545024
It's happened before, too. People were pretty upset when Hunters came out, but now we wish we could go back to the days when it had an active online and play again.

They were too focused complaining about the single player and the fact it was a real shooter that they never tried to enjoy it for what it was instead of what they wished it was.
>>
It doesn't look like an Other M scale disaster or a franchise killer, but it does look mediocre and potentially tedious. In the end I think the fact that the characters look like they're moving through molasses will hurt this game harder than anything else.

I want to ignore the Metroid name and judge this thing on its own merits but even when I look at it as an isolated game and not part of a franchise, I don't see much worth enjoying.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.