[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it go so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 1068x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 1068x426
Where did it go so wrong?
>>
You already posted what went wrong
>>
TF2 had long gone to shit before that update. People got bored and left, Valve broke the balance and just recently got around to trying to fix it after compTF2 banned half that shit anyways.

At the time the community was already half retarded, all this update did was open the floodgates to Brazilian kids and kill community servers because over half the playerbase just uses Valve servers.
>>
>I can't keep up because I am shit

We know OP
>>
>>332537497

Free to Play.

I got sick of playing with retards, so I haven't been back since. The game starts to take a toll on you when half your team is rolling sniper/spy.

I have great memories with this game, got me through hard times, but it was time to pack my bags and leave.
>>
>>332537497
It was amazing when people knew how to play. F2P killed it.
>>
Remember when people used to look forward to free weekends?
>>
File: image.png (112 KB, 249x237) Image search: [Google]
image.png
112 KB, 249x237
>>332537497
>Wow I've seen videos of this game on YouTube, and it's free! I'm gonna download this!
>wait, how do I play sniper?

Every time
>>
>>332537497
valve

and you can bet your bottom dollar any game valve makes in the future will turn exactly how this game did - a cash grab.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 542x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 542x416
>>332537497
F2P was a prime factor in killing the community. I honestly don't get why people think the cosmetics are a problem, though.
>>
>>332537497
You posted it.

F2P kills games. The flood of kids and brs killed it.
>>
Compared to how it used to be? The game has gone to shit LONG ago, I'd almost say as far back as the Mannconomy update.

Other than that though, the one major killer for me I believe was actually Gun Mettle. While it did improve and rebalance a lot of things within the game (Characters like Engineer getting a rework for one), it also introduced the campaign aspect, which is fine save for the fact that since then 3/4 of the major content updates have been buy-ins and have all had vastly reduced amounts of content compared to other updates such as the Robocrates, etc.

The Tough Break update for example, added a minuscule amount of cosmetics because of the skins also added, but also didn't add any new festives, simply adding "Festivizers" for the skins on offer. Whilst this is a neat idea for the skins, stranges and unusuals that are available, it's also quick, easy and slap-dash.

Likewise, the competitive beta has offered similarly disappointing issues, although it does have promise. There are currently severe issues with the ranking system and how it works, issues with abandoners before the round even begins and issues with things such as class limitations and balance.

These issues are all here and very prominent all without addressing the more immediate problems that are how bloated and poorly optimised the game has become in recent updates, although a large amount of that experience may be down to my own trashy PC.

The Core game is still there, and still fun, it's just bogged down beneath so much shit that it's hard to find.
>>
>>332539464
You know, you brought up a good point. I think the true downfall of the game outside of F2P is the lack of good tutorials.

You're not forced to do training mode to play multiplayer, and there's only tutorials for four out of the nine classes. On top of that, all of the tutorials except for the Soldier's are locked from the start.

Of course the F2P kids don't know how to play the damn game.
>>
File: B7f2_OECEAAyijj.jpg (28 KB, 545x362) Image search: [Google]
B7f2_OECEAAyijj.jpg
28 KB, 545x362
https://youtu.be/JUPzN7tp7bQ
>>
>valve put in a report player for x reason function in options now

>enemies now drop ammo packs on death
>>
>>332541348
>enemies now drop ammo packs on death
>now

Anon you can't be this stupid right? You were always able to get ammo from dead enemies
>>
>>332541464
Anon you can't be this ignorant right? They're literally ammo packs now

And you can pick up the actual weapons like in Counterstrike or cawadoody, so you can fuck around with someone else's flare gun
>>
>>332541348

Is that good or bad?
>>
TF2 was my best experience and most fun time spent in online video game.

I miss playing regularly on those few servers with people you recognized and who knew how to play.
>>
>>332537497
>free to play
>MvM
>focus on cosmetics and not the classes
>when classes get worked on they nerf/buff classes that don't need it
>not having training mode be a requirement for everyone brand new
>>
File: 1431828893359.jpg (25 KB, 412x352) Image search: [Google]
1431828893359.jpg
25 KB, 412x352
>>332542619
>Pick up some fag's unusual festive hale's own rocket launcher
>kill him with it
>>
File: 1458830022239.png (21 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1458830022239.png
21 KB, 512x512
anyone else feel like they always get stuck on a team with 3-5 snipers and spies?
I don't understand the appeal of going 0/50 just because you think you're cool for playing those classes when you suck balls at the game
>>
>>332542619
>And you can pick up the actual weapons like in Counterstrike or cawadoody, so you can fuck around with someone else's flare gun

Not that Aonn, but wow. Really?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.