[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name me one thing that went wrong with this game. not the botched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
Name me one thing that went wrong with this game.

not the botched multiplayer support
>>
Lacking SP content.

Still a great game though, good music, and the atmosphere seemed Tolkienesque.
>>
Probably my favorite game of all time. Some things annoyed me though, like a lack of map in single player.

>there will never be a game with an OST as good as this

It also still looks really good to this day
>>
lack of playing on PC legal
>>
>>332513031
The fucking awful sequels
>>
Nothing. It's perfect. Sometimes I leave it on in the background for ambience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opWaEBiNAAk
>>
>>332513031
I bought this game for fucking 60€ as a child and all I know is that this game was cancer and no fun at all, sold it for 20€ later
>>
Having to have 4 gbas and four cables.

It was fun once you got it to work but it was not worth the hassle.
>>
File: 1454910101123.jpg (25 KB, 326x384) Image search: [Google]
1454910101123.jpg
25 KB, 326x384
ALL of its sequels massively sucking

more of a fault of the series than this game
>>
File: 1442620447676.jpg (41 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1442620447676.jpg
41 KB, 500x404
>>332517181
Why so much hate for Ring of Fate and Echoes of Time? I enjoyed them.
>>
When does Square port this and the rest of the Crystal Chronicles games to other systems and/or PC? I know emulation is a thing, but I'd love for legit support on newer hardware.
>>
I can't even remember anything being annoying besides the way multiplayer was botched.

It was a really cool and comfy game, I miss it from time to time.

Selkie woman best woman
>>
>>332517312
they were underwhelming, but I blame the DS system for that
>>
No moogle to carry the chalice in multiplayer, especially bad when you're only playing with 2 people.
>>
>>332513031
I usually hate small cutesy races (they scare me), but the radish looking things were pretty well done in this game. It's a shame FFXIV didn't go with them and instead went with eerie toddlers.
>>
File: 1435314566309.jpg (100 KB, 980x283) Image search: [Google]
1435314566309.jpg
100 KB, 980x283
>>332517578
>Selkie woman best woman
>not Selkie men.
>>
>>332517181
>ALL of its sequels massively sucking
fite me, shitlord.

CCRoF was GOAT

>>332517312
this nigga gets it
>>
So does the point system at the end of dungeons actually matter in singleplayer? Kind of a hassle to run a gameboy emulator alongside dolphin whenever I enter a dungeon.
>>
>>332520114
Yes, that is how you get artefacts, most prominently of which are the rings that let you cast spells without picking up orbs. The cure ring is essential.
>>
>>332520114
I finished the game on Gamecube solo without any Gameboy. Not sure if I lucked out or what but I managed to get at least three rings to cast spells whenever.
>>
Still one of fondest experiences in vidya. The slow pacing was perfect. Atmosphere was great. Felt like it did so much with its simplicity.

This game did nothing wrong minus the multi fucker.

Sequels didnt resonate with me. They lacked the atmosphere the old ones had, opting for more complex in field mechanics which I dont think it really needed to be a great game. Was all about the journey and the weight pressed upon you.
>>
File: 1391178188874.jpg (293 KB, 983x881) Image search: [Google]
1391178188874.jpg
293 KB, 983x881
Can you emulate this game multiplayer or fucking not? I keep seeing "yes" online but there are almost no examples of people doing it successfully. I'm so confused.

I tried it myself once but it seemed as though Dolphin had changed a lot of the functions that were mentioned in the Dolphin wiki tutorial. I guess it's several years out of date, which confuses me more than anything.

So they say it works, but no one has really done it, but it definitely "works" and worked at some point years and years ago. So if work on it continued it should be even easier now, right? Right? Has anyone tried?
>>
The game itself was somewhat flawed, but the graphics and music were just awesome.

I got to the final boss and regret never beating it.
>>
>>332521661
It works in theory via emulator, but the lag doesn't make it worth it.

Only viable way is using GBA's and a GC.
>>
>>332521895
So it works, just with an uncomfortable amount of delay. But it does work?

Would it lag if I did local multiplayer?
>>
>>332521981
Yes, and yes.. I don't want to shatter what tiny fragment of hope you have left in that black void you call your being, but it's unplayable.
Try hooking up one GBA emulator to that shit, see what happens, imagine what it does with 4 of those things.
>>
>>332513031
>not on PC
>>
>>332522493
Any idea what causes the lag?
>>
>>332522621
Having Virtualboy and Dolphin connect and exchange info. It's a miracle they even got it to work in the first place.

Better wait for that wiiU port anon. :^)
>>
>>332523148
I just want to play a video game with anon, is that so wrong? This game has haunted me for over a decade.
>>
>>332513031
It was kinda hard but I enjoyed it
>mfw disk is scratched up and ill never finish it
>tfw you paint a moogle and its fucked up forever
I enjoyed the fuck out of Echoes of Time tho. Wii version was awkward at first but I got used to it and it was pretty comfy.
>>
>>332523480
don't be a cheapskate, just buy a GC, 2 GBA's and 2 GBA connector chords.
Then you can curse and swear at each other since one of you poor sods will have to carry that fucking chalice around everywhere in stead of doing shit.

couch co-op is dead
>>
>>332513031
why are the crystal chronicles races so shit
>>
File: ffccking_race_yuke.jpg (33 KB, 375x640) Image search: [Google]
ffccking_race_yuke.jpg
33 KB, 375x640
>>332524641
>hating on Yukes
fuck you my man
>>
>>332513031
It was created before online multiplayer was a thing
>>
Selkies tits aren't big enough.
>>
>get ??? aspected crystal
>able to go through everything
>that feeling of finally getting a cure ring
>finally getting a good piece of gear
>playing with local friends
>have to use GBA:SPs in order to get everything out of the experience
>>
why was there never a proper fucking sequel to this game.

The pisspoor DS games and that one weird ass wii game (that looks gorgeous but had 0 fucking gameplay) are fucking terrible.

Does square know what a gem they had with the original crystal chronicles? Do they really think that any of the sequels were able to live up to the fucking insane level of polish that the first one had?

Shit like this makes me legit mad.
>>
>>332515358
WHAT A FUCKING FAGGOT!!
>>
I really liked De Nam's quest
>>
This is literally the only Final Fantasy game I've put any amount of time into. I never got interested in any others
>>
>>332517702
mfw i really enjoyed them and spent hours and hours replaying until i got grounded
>>
The fact that you have to redo dungeons is kind of gay, you should have the option but be able to clear the game going to one location once.
>>
Literally the only thing wrong with it was the botched multiplayer support.
>>
You pretty much had to have a dedicated friend group for the whole length of the game. Trying to get a friend to make a new character to play with you on Year 3 just meant they would be dying constantly
>>
>>332513031
it still caters to fucking normies
by giving the clavats all the best gear and shit
>>
>>332513031
goddamn I miss this game so much
>>
>>332514606

But you CAN have a map in single player if you connect your SP to slot 2, or you could also play Hard Mode, which is connect the SP to slot 1, and play "multiplayer" by yourself with no mog to help you carry the chalice.
>>
Game was kind of shitty with 2 players. You'd need 3 or 4 for it to really get fun. And then how often are you able to invite over a full group of 3 friends and no one else? Someone always gets left out.
>>
>>332517464
A Wii U sequel would have been great. Shame nintendo can't into third party.
>>
>>332531367

The only FF games i've clreared like 4 times are this and FFVI
>>
>>332513031
>Terrible story
>Terrible gameplay
>Terrible rpg mechanics
>Repetitive as fuck
For what it's worth it had generally good aesthetics and music, however the bad aspects made it hard to enjoy even with 4 players in multiplayer back when it was released.
>>
Have played it with four players.

Good times.

But the annual same stages were getting repeatitive as fuck.
>>
>>332523148
>Better wait for that wiiU port anon. :^)
Sorry, anon. Wii U isn't compatible with four gamepads.
>>
That one town that had been waiting for their caravan, only for it never to return. You'd find a letter in that level, describing how they waited while their crystal failed.

I remember this game feeling so 'deep', probably because of the awesome Artstyle and graphics and the beautiful music. The gameplay itself was adequate but very basic.

I remember watching 320x240 movs on the Nintendo website as a 14 year old while waiting for the game to come out. I even remember buying the edition that came with a linkcable.

Yeaaaars later, probably 3 years ago by now, I hunted down 3 extra cables, and gathered 3 friends so we could play 4 player co-op. While it was great to return to the world of ffcc, we all thought the gameplay aged poorly. The world simply changed too much, online, much more complex co-op etc.
We had fun for half a day but never returned to it. I remember playing 4 player co-op back in '05 and it was a totally different experience back then, there hadn't been much like it at the time.

Great game, great memories, but not worth hunting down the cables nowadays.

Four swords was worth the Cables though, Jesus that shit is a lot of fun with 4 friends.
>>
>>332532767
4 Swords is fun but it's a Zelda game so once you know all the puzzle solutions replaying just becomes a chore.
>>
File: 1421607813773xxx.png (237 KB, 461x468) Image search: [Google]
1421607813773xxx.png
237 KB, 461x468
>>332513031

>Non existent story
>Repetitive
>No fun single player
>Dumbass GBA gimmick
>Fucking couldn't find it anywhere when it first came out

And then there's this trailer -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmcnXISJl9I

Such a fantastic trailer. Sold me on the game. Dat music. Too bad it didn't live up to the hype of the trailer at all.

Jesus christe what a colossal disappointment. Holy shit. The fact that any of you seriously like this must only mean one thing...

UNDERAGE.
>>
>>332533250
>Non existent story

Wow you just gave yourself away as knowing absolutely nothing right off the bat. Just because it's not handed to you in cinematic cutscenes doesn't mean it's not there.
>>
>>332533373

IT'S FUCKING FINAL FANTASY. WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO EXPECT YOU SLUT.
>>
>>332533250
>Dumbass GBA gimmick
No, you fucking idiot.

That is the whole damn point of the gameplay.
>>
Looking back on it, how the fuck were you supposed to know how to get the ? element without using a guide?

I remember there being vague hints, but that's it.
>>
>>332533495

How. What does the GBA bring to the exprience that they couldn't have just put in game. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>332533502
Talk to NPCs
>>
File: ffcc-19.jpg (147 KB, 770x600) Image search: [Google]
ffcc-19.jpg
147 KB, 770x600
>>332533576
Actual deep co-operation between the players.

Each player being tasked with bits of game information was the whole salt of he game. The personal statics, item management, competetive meta and overall gameplay feel meant so much more when you were verbally juggling these aspects with your couch friends.

It would not be the same game without it.
>>
Oh shit let's Save & Quit after this dungeon I have to charge my GBA SP for an hour.
>>
>>332517747
Claimed Selkie man 4.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.