[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the immersion of Vanilla WoW >crafting and leaderboards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 1080x1080
>the immersion of Vanilla WoW
>crafting and leaderboards of old school RuneScape
>adventuring with your friends online (I sorta cringe at this now though)
>working together to overcome challenge bosses and the possibility of rewards

Wow I miss MMORPGs, I was tempted to have a look at ESO but passed. Then BDO however something felt off about that too. I also couldn't get myself to play FF:XIV. Am I stuck at the start of the millennium for MMOs, I just want to spend hours thinking of a username again and stop being a filthy normie.
>>
>>332511197

>*pffffffrrrrrrtttt*
>>
>>332511215
>*sniff*
>>
Vanilla wow wasn't even that good desu senpai

its this magical thing called nostalgia
>>
delete this picture, anon.
>>
>>332511289
Yeah I dunno if it was because I was so young and new to the concept however I love the gameplay and feel of immersion in MMORPGS :(
>>
>>332511215
>>332511253
beta degenerates
>>
>>332511197
I wonder what her farts smell like just for laughs haha
>>
>>332511369
It's de_dust2 bro
>>
>>332511289
I just started playing on Nostalrius, and no, Vanilla wow was and is better than its current form. The sense of wonder and the effort it took to progress made the game more fun and it was more about the journey than the destination. Now WoW is all about getting those annoying levels out of the way so we can get to the "real" content (Endgame).
>>
>>332511445

says the assfag posting 3DPD
>>
>>332511289
Yes, I would consider it worthless for anything but "the journey". But you know what? OP didn't praise it for its raids or PvP or RPG elements or whatever but "immersion", and World of Warcraft is quite universally considered to be exceptional when it comes to atmosphere, music and other such areas.
>>
>>332511479
It was the best dude, my mates and I use to plan out what we were gonna do on the school bus. It was defiently the journey, although I sorta cringe at how serious we took it. I actually stopped playing it after TBC, I played RS from RSC to ~ 2006
>>
>>332511636
I died a lot however it was still pretty fun :)
>>
>>332511197
I want to clean her soles
>>
>>332511197
>oiirangutang

Well she looks like an orangutan to be honest
>>
>>332511479
Welcome to the club. Now start drinking yourself to death, you'll never experience it again Anon! Never! Alone forever anon, ALONE FOREVER
>>
>>332512047
>oii
that's an H you dumb
>>
>>332511479
>Now WoW is all about getting those annoying levels out of the way so we can get to the "real" content (Endgame)

that's how it is from levels 50-60 in vanilla wow, nobody wants to to bother with the dull as fuck fetch quests anymore and they want to raid or do pvp at level 60. it's worse on nostalrius now that the entire game has been documented and figured out, so there's no sense of wonder anymore.
>>
>>332511289
When will this meme end?

Vanilla WoW is literally better than retail, and the devs know it.
>>
>adventuring with your friends online (I sorta cringe at this now though)

You just say that because you're afraid we'll call you a faggot if you say you want to go adventuring with friends instead of just saying it, doing it and give no fucks about other people.

But I agree, nowdays MMORPG are missing that realization, hardwork and companionship feeling they used to have.
>>
>>332512181
if vanilla wow was so good then blizzard would be capitalizing on it right now

millions of people on retail > some thousand chinks on a vanilla private server
>>
>>332511197
this post is so neo /v/ it fucking hurts
>>
>>332511636
Maybe that's what current gen MMOs are missing. Rather than build a great, in depth, and expansive world, they're trying to sell their game on just the gameplay elements. Sure they play a role, but a good MMO sucks you and your friends and your newfound MMO friends into another world and keeps you there. I don't know if it'll happen again, either. Unless Blizz makes WoW2 with VR. Then I might never leave.
>>
>>332512275
>>
>>332512249
>if vanilla wow was so good then blizzard would be capitalizing on it right now

No, they wouldn't. Because they have to pretend that retail is better in order to "progress" the game.

Do you really think the board of Activision-Blizzard would allow the company to make legacy servers, even though they know the game was better?

No. They wouldn't. But making expansions that directly pander to the nostalgia = That's good.

The fact that when Legion comes out they have 2 expansions that are basically nostalgia cash ins, makes me believe that they know the game is shit.
>>
Just play FF:ARR if you want to experience TBC era WoW again. Shit is more alive than any other sub MMO out there today besides WoW.
>>
Point 3 and 4

Pre CU SWG has yet to be topped in my book. Nothing has come close to that experience... where is originality?
>>
>>332512356
>>
>>332512421
are you retarded?
>>
>>332512487
>>
vanilla wow was AWFUL, from stats to gameplay mechanics, everything was just fucking bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 350x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 350x420
>>332512236
>we'll call you a faggot

Not so much, it makes me cringe when I think of it from third-person however it's where my happy childhood was dude, 4 mates on shitty Australian internet just having fun playing some video games, I guess that's what I miss the most.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (20 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
20 KB, 392x243
>>332512872
>when I think of it from third-person

Dude, almost all hobbies look awkward from a third person. That's why it's a fucking hobby, it's something YOU do on YOUR free time for YOU. What a third person says or thinks doesn't mean shit.

>anon you look ridiculous when you're playing thos games
>Yeah well you make such a faggot face when you jerk off yet I'm not judging you for that, retard.
>>
>>332511445
omega degenerate
>>
>>332511197

I'd rather immerse myself in dat ass, but I doubt you know what I mean you nerd virgin.
>>
>>332511197
i really encourage you to think again about eso
i did so and here i am enjoying everything the game has to offer; which is A LOT
the thing that kept me with it is the pvp and the diverse class customization possibilties
>>
>>332513103
You would smell her farts?
>>
>>332513103
now i wanna photoshop your head coming out of her ass
>>
>>332511215
>>332511253

Come on, I JUST fapped
>>
File: 1444677988446.jpg (465 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
1444677988446.jpg
465 KB, 1920x1280
>>332511968
This.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.