[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey v Never played a souls game but I really liked bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 1458612094300.jpg (40 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
1458612094300.jpg
40 KB, 400x402
Hey v

Never played a souls game but I really liked bloodborne and want to get into them with DS3. I only have a ps4. Any advice on how to jump in so I get the most out of it?
>>
Just go in blind.
>>
>>332509094
But will I be able to appreciate the story of ds3?
>>
>>332509209
Not really, no.
>>
>>332509453
Then what do you think I should do?
>>
>>332509479
Not that anon, but stories in these games suck.
Don't fall for anons telling otherwise.
You can easily play them in the order you want.
>>
>>332509605
Idk I quite enjoyed bloodbornes story
>>
>>332509209
>story
lol
>>
>>332508786
DO NOT play 2 before you play 1. It will ruin your perception of the series. 2 is a cheap Chinese knockoff of 1. It's still an alright game, but not a good Souls game.

>>332509605
It doesn't, OP. People on /v/ are basically philistines who think that a deliberately broken narrative = no story. The story and lore is incredibly rich.
>>
>>332509743
I enjoyed 2
>>
Dark Souls 2 on ps4 isn't that bad unless you've played Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>332509479
Buy a console or upgrade your PC and play DeS and/or Dark Souls I? What the fuck do you think? There aren't many options here. Do whatever you want. Play III blind or don't.

Just don't play II with any expectation of an authentic Souls experience.
>>
>>332509743
Rich background != having a story
>>
>>332509479
Play them in order of release you dumb fucking faggot, stop asking obvious question
>>
>>332509479
Play DaS I. You WILL miss a LOT of mindblowing shit in III without having played I.

>>332509935
Is your expectation of a "story" loads of character-heavy drama or something?
>>
>>332509812
I enjoyed 2, but anons description of cheap Chinese knockoff is spot on.
>>
>>332509936
I only have a ps4 so I can only play 2.
Should I watch an LP of demon's souls and DS1?
>>
>>332509989
Whadya mean mindblowing shit? The broken statue of Solaire? The broken lordvessel?
>>
>>332508786
If you enjoyed bloodborne, we can safely assume you'll like ds.
Thing about DS is that when you finish it first time YOU WANT MORE, and you go play ng+ which is alright, but still kinda sucks because no surpirses.
Keeping that in mind I suggest you play DS1 and if you do WANT MORE just roll with DS3 to follow the story.
DS2 is an amazing game as well, espesially scholars of first sin, but it's kinda off the main road of ds1, so it would be safe to skip lore-wise.
From personal experience I just won't be able to play the same game 3 times in a row man
>>
>>332508786
You're fucked. Playing Bloodborne after the rest made them hard to enjoy now. Not sure how you'd handle it after playing Bloodborne first.
>>
>>332509989
Is your expectation of a "story" some deliberately incomplete clue about items, bosses and locations?
>>
>>332510048
Yes, and (actual spoilers) Siegmeyer returning, the entire level of fallen Anor Londo, Andre returning, the last Darkwraith lurking under Firelink, and Gwyndolin being the final boss. Probably among countless other things.
>>
>>332510172
Oh shit, I thought you were talking about Dark Souls 2. God damn it, those are some spicy spoilers.
>>
>>332510045
demon's souls is irrelevant
a good play, but not necessary

Dark Souls 1? ehhhh...
I'd suggest you play it, but if you play 2 or 3 first it'll mess with you because you cannot roll diagonally
>>
>>332510152
>philistines who can't fathom a deliberately broken narrative when one of the main themes of the games is decay and memory loss
Case in point.
>>
>>332508786
Be wary of everywhere
>>
>>332510226
Oh, my bad, I thought you were talking about III as well

I know there is another broken Lordvessel but the Solaire statue was surprising news to me.
>>
File: Bloodstarved_Beast.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
Bloodstarved_Beast.gif
2 MB, 350x197
Why is Dark Souls 1 not on PSN? Even fucking Demon's Souls is, what the fuck?
>>
>>332510429
Because a double-pack remaster of DaS and DeS will probably be released
>>
>>332510489
I probably worded it awkwardly but what I meant was Dark Souls is not on PSN but Demon's Souls is. I mean sure, different publishers but why won't Namco bother?
>>
>>332509209
>story

this game doesnt give you cutscenes every 5 minutes to tell you everything about the world, you have to read item lores and speak with people. Also sightseeing the area will tell you alot if you can manage to pick up the pieces

if you have an IQ below 80 then just read lore threads
>>
>>332509713
thats because bloodborne is goat
>>
Do you think it's worth holding off and waiting for a remaster of DS1 for ps4?
>>
>>332508786
>DS2
If you love yourself, don't play DS 2, all I can tell you.
>>
>>332511761
But what about the lore? I've heard it's not as good as the rest but is still decent?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.