[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been a month, I still can't beat him. I never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: gzyn.jpg (453 KB, 878x472) Image search: [Google]
gzyn.jpg
453 KB, 878x472
It's been a month, I still can't beat him.
I never took more than 1/10 of his health, today I tried 7 times, didn't hit him once, it's pathetic. Don't have any window to hit him, no window to heal, no window to dodge, and cant block because he breaks my guard then combos me like a little bitch.

Killed Nashandra second try, Gehrman third try, Moon presence first try, Ludwig fourth try, Orphan fifth try, fume knight third try, and never died more than 2 times on a Dark Souls boss, but this...

I think it's the hardest boss I've encountered in over 20 years of gaming, most platforms combined.

help
>>
Straf right, parry
>>
>>332507470
(You)
>>
I feel like im ruining the bossfight for you, but you can parry his attacks. might aswell go for an heavy armour build since fatrolling isn´t really an issue if you just stand there trying to parry his shit. It´s probably a bit cheap to beat him this way but it worked for me
>>
Get behind a pillar and circle back and forth, pop out and wack him and get back. Just keep the pillar between you and him.
>>
File: 1400901664467.jpg (75 KB, 700x673) Image search: [Google]
1400901664467.jpg
75 KB, 700x673
all these advices for running behind pillars or parrying

you are just shit at video games, git gud for fucks sake

i am not even kidding, its one of the easier bosses, right at the end of the game, meaning you should have some experience by now.

if you can't beat him, you are simply stupid
>>
Parrying makes him a bitch.

However I don't remember having that much trouble against him on my first playthrough. I just went full tank with havel's armor and whacked him to death.
>>
>>332508048

Can't put your videogame elitism on your resume, faggot.
>>
>>332507470
If you are two close the sword will hit twice.
Move out a bit and block the fire part of his sword than move in to deal some damage.
Or parry him. He's an easy parry
>>
>>332507470
Ref club + 10. hit twice after he does two handed jump. repeat til dead.
>>
>>332508048
>git gud
>telling the guy who is telling OP to learn how to time a parry that he is shit
Christ you are a faggot. this kind of shit is why dark souls threads are never good
>>
>>332508054
>>332507821
>>332507649
Tried parrying, it works one out of six times, and usually I get two shoted right after that.

I use a zweihander+14, a sunlight shield and no armor.
>>
>>332507470

Two hand Zweihander R2 puts him in stunlock. Forever. Summon Solaire as bait
>>
>>332508120
gb2/reddit/
>>
>>332508838
maybe use a parrying dagger if you have trouble getting the timing right. If you insist on not using armour one fuckup means you are toast though.
>>
>>332507470
It took me 5 times (just finished ds1 last week). Just parry and if you fuck up kite him around one of the pillars and heal.
>>
>>332508838
Gwyn is probably the easiest thing in the game to parry, not even bullshitting, the speed of his attacks works against him that way. Work on your shitty parry skill. It does cheapen the fight for sure though.
>>
I always blocked the first swing of his combo attack then parried the second. Took me a couple days to get the timing right.
>>
Why would you ruin such a beautiful fight by just standing there and parrying him? I'd even argue the same for boss summons. To each his own I guess, but if you're not playing DS for a good challenge, what are you playing it for?
>>
>>332511689
Personally I enjoyed how the weapons feel and play more than the difficulty of the enemies, just my .02$
>>
>>332511689
>replay DaS
>go into fight with 10 Estus and my gear, no other items
>put my shield away

Truly a great fight, both of us down to our last breath. Only parried him once with my bare hands to finish him off
>>
What are the chances of DaS and DaS2 going on sale when DaS3 releases?
I really want to get into the souls games but fuck paying full price.
>>
>>332508838
Use the black knight shield, it has full physical and something like 80% fire block. Don't try and predict the first swing and parry that, BLOCK the first swing and parry the second if he goes into a combo. It's a lot easier.
>>
File: Truniht.png (119 KB, 392x366) Image search: [Google]
Truniht.png
119 KB, 392x366
>>332508304
>all these advices for running behind pillars or parrying
completely unneccesary advices, as gwyn can be defeated by simple attacking/rolling/blocking

>you are just shit at video games, git gud for fucks sake
yea OP just has to pull his shit together and learn basic combat of the game, thus git gud

>telling the guy who is telling OP to learn how to time a parry that he is shit
if i had done so, i would have responded directly to him, but i guess it wasn't clear enough for you to comprehend, so you must also be a huge faggot

>telling someone to get better whith a game who is already telling others how to do it
yea that would have made so much sense, this was clearly intended at the advice faggots and not OP
>>
took me longer to figure out you would parry gwyn than it took me to get there

I assumed you needed an item or unlock something to make him weaker

parrying him is very easy, you do it by the sound, going with his swing rhythm
>>
>keep backing away from him to bait the jump attacks
>roll through the jump attack, attack 3 times and go back to backpedaling
wew
>>
>>332507470
Roll through the grab attack, parry everything else.
>>
>>332507470
Equip target Shield. Or any shield with a long parry animation and he is easy.
>>
>>332507470
Well yeah its like that. You think you can play the game and then one boss destroys you. It varies from player to player. You Just need to learn the game again with him in mind. I killed him in like 5 tries with parrying.
>>
will the slow ass greatsword be a hindrance on this fight? been using it instead of the claymore since ornstein and smough but sometimes i think the poke especially is just too damn slow
>>
>>332507470
Wait are you serious?
Gwyn is one of the easiest souls bosses mane, I took him down first try.
Two the hardest for me were probably ornstein and smough (casul duh) and logarius when I was lvl 43 and didn't know about parry. Took me 4 days to beat the fucker

But seriously
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.