[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So let me get this straight. Solid Snake and Liquid are both
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
So let me get this straight.

Solid Snake and Liquid are both natural blondes, but Snake dies his hair black and cuts it short during MG1/2 because ?????. Snake has his hair grown out and naturally colored in the briefing missions of MGS1, but cuts and dies it during the Shadow Moses incident because ?????.

Also, this was retconned in Twin Snakes because Snake had black short hair during the briefing missions. Or does that mean he just cut and died it before them?

Someone please explain this to me.
>>
*dyes
*dyed

Sorry boys, I bungled that one.
>>
>>332503439
I think koji-god just forgot about this detail in the sequels and thats it.
>>
>>332503439
He desn't want to be associated with his twin brother, which is pretty reasonable if you ask me.
>>
>>332503439
Because he wants to.

Personally, i think it's more related to not giveaway at first glance the fact Liquid and Solid are twins. I don't remember if that info is given at first or work like a small twist.
>>
>>332503502

But he's the one who thought up and included it in his big 3D debut. He directed those briefing missions and the blonde Snake was obviously his idea. So how could he ignore it?

>>332503521

Snake doesn't know about Liquid til MGS1. Explain the dye in MG1/2.
>>
I think it was just a fuckup in that cutscene, Happens sometimes.
>>
File: dick check.gif (1 MB, 245x220) Image search: [Google]
dick check.gif
1 MB, 245x220
What exactly is the downside of having enemy soldiers mistake you for their commanding officer? It's not like they're going to stop you and demand some kind of identification.
>>
File: 1441641073270.jpg (27 KB, 303x337) Image search: [Google]
1441641073270.jpg
27 KB, 303x337
>>332503521
>tfw everyone make fun of you in school because your bro suck at biology
>>
>>332503521
What I don't get is why wouldn't he abuse that fact to finish his mission quickly and more efficiently?

>Superspy infiltrating a base whose boss has your face
>I'll make myself look different because muh identity instead of using it to trick guards/extract intel

It's not like Snake's clumsy with bullshitting like Big Boss is.
>>
>>332503717
Wasn't Big Boss a flaming faggot, or did they retcon that in MG3.
>>
>>332503439
HE NEVER DYED HIS HAIR

THAT'S THE LIGHTING

LIQUID'S HAIR IS BLEACHED FROM HIS TIME IN IRAQ

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY DO YOU FAGGOTS ALWAYS GET THIS WRONG
>>
>>332503439
>Solid Snake and Liquid are both natural blondes
No.
>but Snake dies his hair black and cuts it short during MG1/2 because
No.
>Snake has his hair grown out and naturally colored in the briefing missions of MGS1
No.
>but cuts and dies it during the Shadow Moses incident because ?????.
His face looks identical to that of Liquid. He doesn't want to be confused for him. Meryl almost does that anyways.
>>
>Snake had multiple brothers
>most of them were aborted at random because "Survival of the Fittest"
I get the feeling nobody running Les Enfantes Terribles actually understood a single scientific theory.
>>
>>332503896
>LIQUID'S HAIR IS BLEACHED FROM HIS TIME IN IRAQ
>Eli has blonde hair
FUCKING WHAT?
>>
>>332503896
>THAT'S THE LIGHTING

that's an absurd explanation because everything else in the scene is naturally lit and adjusted to the color scheme properly

his hair is specifically glowing because it's a brighter color than fucking dark brown

>LIQUID'S HAIR IS BLEACHED FROM HIS TIME IN IRAQ

what?
>>
>>332503945
It was mostly Paramedic acting out her wacky Mad Scientist ideas rather than actually understand shit. But she got results so she did SOMETHING right.
>>
>>332504013
The equator actually runs through the Congo; even more sun exposure there.
>>
>>332504013
What are fucking retcons

Kojima's a fucking hack
>>
>>332503945
>[Catalog] [Top] 17 / 2 / 12 / 3 [Update] [Auto] No new posts
SUPER BABY METHOD
>>
>>332504013
MGSV isn't canon.
>>
>>332504058
There's no mention of any hair dye but Snake is under spotlights in the cell so it's the lightning.
>>
File: implying.png (323 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
323 KB, 479x720
>>332503896
>hair gets bleached blonde via exposure to sunlight
>>
>>332504013
Iraq? Southern Africa? They're practically the same place to Americans.
>>
>>332504058
He's sitting under a lamp and this is monochrome. Are you stupid enough to look at this and say the top part of Snake's face is caucasian and the bottom half is asian?
>>
>>332504058
Retcons from Kojima the hack. Tomokazu Fukushima was the real talent behind the lore and story. Kojima is basically japanese George Lucas. He got lucky being surrounded with a talented team, thought he was hot shit, and when they were gone it became apparent that his own skills were worthless.
>>
File: ei7XuG9.jpg (18 KB, 190x187) Image search: [Google]
ei7XuG9.jpg
18 KB, 190x187
>>332503439
> Shinkawa: Pliskin's hair is more blonde. Snake's hair might be blonde naturally.
>In MGS, his hair is brown. He probably dyed his hair before infiltration.
>KCEJ: And that's why he dyed his hair.
>Shinkawa: Yes, probably. Snake has his hair dyed. Pliskin's hair is of natural color.

NOW EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP

http://www.metalgearsolid.net/features/yoji-shinkawa-interview
>>
>>332504167
>I never finished MGS V
Yeah, how about you do that.
>>
Am I really expected to believe that Liquid and Mantis had some sort of relationship prior to the events of MGS1?

They barely even fucking acknowledge each other!

Their like one interaction is when Mantis tells Liquid his brilliant Decoy Octopus/Darpa Chief switcheroo/PAL card plan, and he only refers to Liquid as "the boss." He doesn't even believe in his ideals.

Fucking Kojima why did you ruin literal perfection you motherfucking chink son of a bitch!
>>
>>332504335
What's even more confusing is the game RIGHT AFTER MGS2 he's FUCKING GRAY.
>>
>>332504376
I just imagine the Third Boy isn't Psycho Mantis, and is the Fourth Boy is. Everything feels contrived but safe.
>>
>>332503896
Literally mentioned in the briefing that snake is blond, try playing games before whining about them
>>
>>332504376

MGSV ain't canon senpai
>>
>>332504549
Fucking excuse me?

When is it mentioned that he's blonde?

Burden of proof faggot, post it.
>>
>>332504367
I really want to but it's literally impossible.
>>
>>332504549
No, it isn't. He cuts his hair. That's it.
>>
>>332504549
It absolutely isn't. They point out Liquid looks like Snake and then Snake asks for scissors, afterwards he no longer has the mullet Liquid does.

At no point is their hair color mentioned in the briefing, and at no point hair is dye. And it's crazy to think Campbell's men abducted him and gave him time to grab hair dye or provided him with some if they didn't even bring him a gun.
>>
>>332504674
That's what I'm keep telling myself to keep myself from being mad.

In fact, nothing after 2 is canon in my world.

Fuck that shit, I don't accept it.

Except for Revengeance, that game's cool.
>>
>>332504367
I actually did. I refuse to include it in my own canon because the story's too shit.

Portable Ops does more to make sense of BB's story than V did, considering that's not even BB in V.

3 started him on the path, PO gave him the funds and PW gave him the drive.
>>
>>332503439
>long bright hair on a stealth mission

no anon, you are retarded
>>
>>332505137
People really shit on Portable Ops for no reason, just because at the time it was sequel to MGS3 and everyone went OMG THIS ISN'T AS GOOD AS MGS1/2/3 and decided to hate the game. It's just not a big game.
>>
>>332505305
That and they dislike Gray Fox's Null story cause someone so based as Frank could start off as an Naruto Edgelord.

Frankly I think the story's pretty cool and it makes complete sense in the grand story. It's V that doesn't make sense
>>
>>332503896
His hair is blonde because EVA was the surrogate mother m8
>>
>>332505443
Forgot about that bit. It was indeed rather pointless to reuse the character there and make him into Dante Lite.
>>
>>332504838
What's wrong with MGS2 fans. The game isn't that good. Fucking hipsters man.
>>
>>332505305
It's because the gameplay suffers from lots of shitty quirks like dragging knocked out soldiers into a truck, the mission based structure which was new to MGS at the time (and which I personally still don't like in PW or V either), the bullshit with Gray Fox, and the controls were clunky
>>
He was a brunette since 8-bit games, just like his "father". In retrospect, Liquid most likely got doze of his mother's genes and became blonde.

Snake also wielded full mullet during MG1 and 2, because 1980s. He shown / heard cutting it in MGS1, and stating he does not want to be confused with the terrorists' boss.

Twin Snakes fucks up tons of things. Forget it even exists.
>>
>>332503584
>Explain the dye in MG1/2.

Blonde is the hair colour of faggots and fuccbois (see Shulk, Link, Milkybar Kid)

If I had blonde hair I'd dye it any other colour in case someone mistook me as being a cock gobbling power bottom
>>
>>332505515
It doesn't work like that if the embryo is a clone.
>>
>>332510558
eva was just a surrogate mother

the egg game from a japanese woman and I doubt she was blonde
>>
Actual white person who has spent time in the sun here.
If you gave really light brown hair the sun may make it dirty blonde.
You don't go from brunette to Scandinavian bleach blonde from the sun, desert or not. In that briefing he is too blonde for it to be the sun.
Maybe kojipro retconned it because the Japanese desperately wanted snaku to be one of them because they hate foreigners.
>>
>>332503439
The Snake in the briefing video was actually Raiden and was him preparing to do Shadow Moses in VR.
>>
>>332511564
He's not actually blond, though. That's just a stylistic choice so you don't just see a blob of dark where his hair would be. Plus, it's also implying he's under bright lights being interrogated.
>>
>>332511564
>You don't go from brunette to Scandinavian bleach blonde from the sun, desert or not.
The logic behind the concept of dominant and recessive genes is completely fucked, I wouldn't be surprised if they believed something like this.
>>
>>332505515
Retard, EVA was the surrogate mother but the egg donor (source of the other half of his DNA) was a Japanese woman. EVA was basically just a hospitable uterus for the Twins
>>
>>332503439
Solid and Liquid have naturally brown hair, Liquid bleaches because he doesn't want to look like Big Boss because he hated Big Boss. The lighting in the briefing video is weird and fucks up Solid Snake's hair.
>>
>>332511971
Solid Snake is a clone you fucking idiot. There is no other half to his DNA, his DNA is Big Boss'. The egg donor is just that, a Japanese woman who gave away an egg to be wiped clean of genetic information and injected with the Big Boss embryo.
>>
>>332511971
>source of the other half of his DNA
That isn't how it works. They are clones of big boss therefore all the nuclear DNA is from big boss, the only DNA they inherited from the egg donor is mitochondrial DNA.
>>
Did you ever stop to think that maybe he was a cool dude before the mission and just had his hair bleached to be a happening guy? And just dyed it for the mission because muh serious
>>
>snake dyed hair because assumtion from grainy black and red footage
>missed the entire bit where liquid sperges about getting resessive genes even though he's blonde, a dominant genotype

y'all don't know genetics.

>twin snakes retconned
baka, original or gtfo.
>>
>>332512242
Yeah, this. It was the early 2000s, bleached blonde men were very common. Kojima also predicted this in 98.
>>
>>332512435
Blonde is recessive.
Also does it state anywhere that Liquid does have the dominant genes? He could still have the recessive genes, but still be superior to Solid because Big Boss' recessive genes are what made him a great soldier. This would make more sense considering Liquid's hair and eyes.
>>
>>332512435
Hair colour isn't governed by a single gene, and blonde is a recessive trait, as demonstrated by the fact that two brunettes can have a blonde child.
>>
My wife and I's hair is both dirty blonde but our sons is black and nappy like pubes almost, hair color is a total crap shoot she said.
>>
>>332503439
Light coloured hair is more reflective and provides poor camouflage, making it dark offers a tactical advantage.
>>
>>332512947
Fancy hair colors provide no tactical advantage whatsoever
>>
>>332512838
>My wife and I's hair is both dirty blonde but our sons is black and nappy like pubes almost
Anon...
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.