[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nier-tier OSTs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Blackrose_Channel_Render.png (188 KB, 234x453) Image search: [Google]
Blackrose_Channel_Render.png
188 KB, 234x453
ITT: Soundtracks that you think are >= Nier's.

Pic 100% related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66dTlRQwMpA
>>
/v/ is not old enough to have enjoyed that soundtrack. I agree one hundred percent though.
>>
>>332503253
You can forgive the graphics when they do the setting, characters and music godlike, times were great.
>>
>>332503253

.hack has an amazing soundtrack. Great atmosphere. Great series.
Hoping because of the "success" of Destiny Japan would feel like revamping .hack for the PS4 and just keep releasing DLC and then a new game, it would make more sense nowadays than it did back then.
But I'm not holding my breath. Shame, such a great series as well. Very unique.
>>
Is it strange that .hack//infection gives me more MMO-vibes than any actual MMO?

I can't really explain it but it's the little things you don't see at all anymore in MMO's.
>>
>>332504259

The .hack series is still going strong, but it has the weirdest business model. In an old interview it was stated that they have to find a strong balance in the release between games, animations, novels, mangas, drama cds, mobile, so on so forth. Future console titles have to fall somewhere conveniently in line for them before they come back around.
>>
>>332504348

You mean the fact that that even the randomly generated dungeons had atmosphere and music that made you just want to explore every inch? Combined with the fact that you never know where you were going to end up when you entered random words in the Gate, perhaps.
>>
>>332504362

Is it? I don't hear much of it and most people don't really know what it is. Seems pretty niche. I don't think it did that well when it came out did it?
G.U didn't even release in Europe. .hack LINK looked absolute shite.
Not sure about Guilty dragon, I know it has cameos but is it related to .hack at all?
>>
>>332504517
Well, sure. That and how NPC's behaved in towns. You'd see them forming parties on their ownsome, heading to some corner to just talk smack and tactics. You could even trade with whoever you wanted.

It felt so alive for a singleplayer game.
>>
>>332504348

Beautiful feeling isn't it? I wish we could have a proper .hack MMO that isn't fragment It had such a unique look in G.U that's not really been replicated. That and it's basically an MMO sim, a simulation of an MMO. It just represents the cherrypicked best parts of an MMO.
>>
File: Black.Rose.(.hack).full.691610.jpg (113 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Black.Rose.(.hack).full.691610.jpg
113 KB, 500x750
Also, my favorite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNkyPu_gK68

While we're on the subject, did anyone else used to slowly walk around the root towns and interact with the NPCs like it was actually you there? I'm pretty sure I've spent over 200 hours of my life just walking Kite around The World and just staring at shit while getting lost in the music and visuals.
>>
>>332504645

Did the exact same thing, probably one of the few games I got actually engrossed in. Music. Atmosphere. Shame the gameplay wasn't that great, if it was it would have been a lot more popular. But then I wouldn't feel like such a special snowflake.
>>
>>332504534

They get all sorts of neat little things in Japan to keep the story going and to expand the universe. Not much comes to the West though.

Mind you, it has been a long time since a proper console title came out so you have not missed anything in that regard.
>>
>>332504764

Fucking elevens hogging all the good stuff. I've read a few mangas, watched the alternate anime and such. I swear I'd given up on a proper console release or hell, a .hack MMO. Every time I see a thread on /v/ I turn back into a .hack addict
>>
>Sanjuro
>Sanjuro is actually a Japanese teacher from South Dakota. He plays on the JP servers of The World in order to improve his skill at the language by speaking with others who are fluent in it.
>Sanjuro is a big fan of Samurai films, especially those starring the famous actor Toshiro Mifune. His favorite movies are "The Hidden Fortress" and "Yojimbo" the movie that he took his character's name from.

Mistral
>Qt mother of two who uses emoticons in a rather cute way

Best group.
>>
>>332505126

>finding out Mistral was actually a mother and pregnant

I thought she was about 12 at the most. Pretty much all the original .hack characters were pretty based.

I even liked all the G.U characters despite some people not.
>>
>>332504645

Nigger I LITERALLY walked 75 percent of the time.
>>
who chilled out to the desktop music here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8BbCchhR20&index=2&list=PL06C1FD34CABA947B

This music is so fucking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIM9foMRET4&index=10&list=PL06C1FD34CABA947B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHRAu_zlqM0&list=PL06C1FD34CABA947B&index=34
>>
>>332507219

Desktop theme is actually my alarm in the morning and I usually mod it into games if i can.
>>
File: 1397357439747.gif (937 KB, 200x138) Image search: [Google]
1397357439747.gif
937 KB, 200x138
>>332507219

>dat Rain Field

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck this is some hard-ass nostalgia.
>>
>>332507381

Same here except with the G.U one instead
>>
>>332507717

Don't call it that, m8. It's truly good music. hearing it put tears in my eyes though.
>>
Man, now I wanna go back and replay them all :(
>>
kek look at this iridiumbased. com
Some dude got 6000 bucks through indiegogo and made "The World"
>>
>>332503253

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5RiwtCX14k

At least as good as Nier's, probably a little better. Not sure why you set such a low bar for the thread though, OP, but whatever.
>>
>>332509413

He actually for 6k for this?
Jesus, some people have more money than sense.
>>
>>332509726
Some guy donated 2000...
>>
>>332509808

kickstaring was a mistake
>>
File: 1409032158388.png (227 KB, 555x546) Image search: [Google]
1409032158388.png
227 KB, 555x546
>>332503253
I still remember when I beat the game, and only had one regret. That I couldnt kill that little piece of shit elk. I can not stress how badly I wanted him murdered. How badly I hated him to his very fucking CORE.
that was my only regret with .hack 1-4.

Then //GU came out and then I found out the main villain was god damn elk and that I get to MURDER HIM! ALL SINS OF 1-4 ARE FORGIVEN! god I enjoyed grinding to make sure that when I faced him, he got his shit stomped in so god damn hard there was no fucking question who the bottom bitch was.

...then //gu 2 ruined it.
why must all good things come to an end.
>>
>>332504534
>I don't think it did that well when it came out did it?
The initial wave of .hack shit was legitimately pretty popular with nerds in the West for a period of a few years in the mid-00s, but the subsequent stuff wasn't able to sustain it.
>>
>>332505126
>Mistral sends you an in-game mail that they're not going to be able to play anymore because they're pregnant
I missed her
>>
>>332503253
Blergh. It sucks, my ears are bleeding. That music has no soul, it can't even begin to compare with the masterpiece that is Nier's soundtrack, I'm sorry.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.