[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HUH!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: DefiasBandit.jpg (48 KB, 438x596) Image search: [Google]
DefiasBandit.jpg
48 KB, 438x596
HUH!
>>
File: 449837-cutpurse.jpg (147 KB, 571x815) Image search: [Google]
449837-cutpurse.jpg
147 KB, 571x815
No one here gets out alive!
>>
Why did WoW become so shitty and boring? MoP and Draenor have none of the soul the older expansions had. Even Cataclysm wasn't that bad.
>>
>>332499381
whats wrong with your faaaace

>>332499398
died when crossrealm started
>>
>>332499398
Except MoP was better than Cata. And that's coming from a panda hater.
>>
>>332499465
good one
>>
File: 1397359854438.png (55 KB, 148x163) Image search: [Google]
1397359854438.png
55 KB, 148x163
>>332499465
Cataclysm was nowhere near BC/WotLK quality for sure, but comparing Pandaria to it favorably is just cringeworthy as fuck.
>>
>>332499574
>>332499589
The ONLY good thing about Cata were the heroic dungeons on launch. And they got nerfed soon after.
>>
>>332499662
and whats so good about pandaland besides fat panda butte
>>
File: HOH.jpg (79 KB, 453x634) Image search: [Google]
HOH.jpg
79 KB, 453x634
>>
>>332499314

Fuck I wish I still had that video of that sound playing over and over again
>>
>>332499732
Class and talent system revamp (yes they were good, old talent trees had no freedom), dungeons and raids were consistently good (at least until SoO, I quit WoW at that point), the two isles, Thunder and Emerald were pretty good, world bosses returned in the form of Sha too.
Also GREEN FIRE quest motherfuckers.
>>
>>332499974
>No freedom
Hello catababy!
>>
>>332500057
I'm not the one saying cata was good, you catababy.
I've been playing since late TBC.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lnwYWppkbo
>>
File: Curator.jpg (53 KB, 555x480) Image search: [Google]
Curator.jpg
53 KB, 555x480
The menagerie is for guests only.
>>
>>332499398
Because you became an adult and realized games aren't really something worth obsessing about.
>>
>>332500281
I remember as a kid I was invested in the lore. Reading quests and feeling like a significant part of the story was so great. I read the books at school instead of doing any work.

People say that metzen broke the lore, but looking now as an adult, it's easy to see that the lore was always garbage. Only difference was that we were younger. Resubbing for wod to just raid and arena got boreing really fast now that I cringe everytime some bullshit plot comes along about thrall.
>>
Ulduar #1 raid. Vanilla was a buggy, unbalanced, fun mess with boring talent trees and restricted raid roles.
>>
>>332500113
No freedom? The talent system was at its best around the end of TBC. There were baseline specs with essential talents that were no brainers but you could still deviate and pick and choose certain talents. You call 1 choice 7 times while leveling freedom?

You should try vanilla if you want to talk about not having freedom of talents most classes had 1 viable spec for PVE, PVP really depended on the class and only a few points to take non essential talents.

From a PVE perspective

Druid - Resto and 1 maybe 2 Ferals balance spec in general was horrible.
Hunter - Marksmanship only
Mage - Frost initially Fire in higher raid tiers.
Paladin - Holy only ret and prot were a fucking joke
Priest - Holy maybe 1 shadow priest per raid.
Rogue - Combat I think don't know shit about Rogues
Shaman - Resto only
Warlock - Affliction
Warrior - Only class that all 3 specs were done well arms was viable in pvp, fury and prot in PVE. Basically the only tanks.
>>
>>332499398
If you play on a private server, you quickly discover why new WoW is so bad.

Everything is just too easy and accessible. You level at mach speed, chain run dungeons for XP, rip your way across a zone in under an hour, and ignore everyone else along the way. In fact, other players are a hindrance to you in neo-wow, they take your mobs.

In old WoW, shit was hard and time consuming. It's not unusual to die a bunch just leveling up. But it makes other players a giant boon. Because gear is difficult to get, buffs from other players can aid you immensely. Grouping up no longer becomes an annoyance, it becomes a ticket to getting your quest done that much faster.

Vanilla WoW was made to be an experience that punished you for being unsociable, and it made people more willing to work together. In a quest where you need to kill some 30 odd mobs, you bet your ass there's a group for it going or that someone will accept your group invite without a second thought.

When it comes down to it, it was every well intentioned change towards convenience that took away everything special. And this isn't just nostalgia, I'm still playing it right now.
>>
File: 1403634929494.jpg (35 KB, 328x391) Image search: [Google]
1403634929494.jpg
35 KB, 328x391
>>332499398

Achievements
LFD
Cross-realm
Phasing
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.