[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mediocre/borderline bad games you enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
177 KB, 1280x720
Just me who enjoyed the game in the pic?
Other than it having literally no poise whatsoever on enemies and that they would complete their swing no matter what, I actually had quite a fun time.

I still wouldn't give it more than 6/10 because it really shows it was made within a tight budget, but as we call know you can still enjoy games that are technically limited.
I heard that the game actually sold alright so I hope that they can make a sequel with improved gameplay.

What other mediocre games have you enjoyed?
>>
>>332491892
the writing was bad like really bad. main character was basically a pg version of fuck you dante
>>
>>332491892
Chaos Legion. The style is just right up my alley as cringe as it probably is to manly man /v/ who only likes western games and hates Gackt
>>
>>332491962

The main character basically saying "If you don't get out of here I'll put a stick up your fucking ass" is what made it so funny, in a "B-movie" kind of way.
>>
>>332491892
I liked Bound by Flame. It was janky and broken in a lot of ways but it was fun

Two Worlds 2 is my pick
>>
It was fine. I played it longer than I did Witcher 3. Could have used a better levelling system, the skills were kinda boring,
>>
>>332492126
i only bought this becuase ps4 had no games for the first few years and i needed something to play.
>>
how is omerta? would anyone recommend it?
>>
File: Risen2 2012-05-10 07-38-51-88.jpg (299 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Risen2 2012-05-10 07-38-51-88.jpg
299 KB, 1440x900
>>332491892
i have no idea what's wrong with those fuckers but they keep releasing games with potential that make you think "i bet that if the sales for this game are acceptable the next one will be pretty good"; then the game sells ok but the next game it's still the same shit...
but they're both ok games (mars: war logs and bound by flame)

on topic: risen franchise is doubtless my favorite one - shitty animations, shitty gameplay, shitty graphics but fucking awesome atmosphere as you'll never see in any videogame

also, liked two worlds II
>>
File: Baroque_Coverart.png (181 KB, 252x357) Image search: [Google]
Baroque_Coverart.png
181 KB, 252x357
Pic related.
The gameplay is dull and outdated. But i still enjoy it because i love obscure jap shit. It has decent amount of replay value, i gotta get this game again.
>>
>>332492908
pretty nice but i was hoping for more xcom-like elements instead of an actual campaign where you don't progress your mobs
there's also sandbox but it wasn't very good if i remember right

and for some reason it reminds me rebuild: gangs of deadsville
>>
>>332494449

Was labeling the alligator "ALLIGATOR" really necessary to the gameplay?
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-02-01 01-31-32-57.jpg (143 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-02-01 01-31-32-57.jpg
143 KB, 1440x900
>>332494964
lots of games do that
name + HP bar
>>
Otome games are the first to come to mind. Most are okay story wise with little to no gameplay. Some of the stories just aren't that great and would be considered mediocre but I still like them.
>>
File: bbf2.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bbf2.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1080
>>332491892

I played this and followed it up with risen 2/3 and two worlds 2, I had fun in all 4 games but I can see why other people would hate them.

>tfw the music in bound by flame
>tfw that amazing final boss

It felt so strange, as if the game was only the first 25% of their planned project. The main dialogue was utterly retarded and the story skipped past things so fast most characters ignored any happenings but when it came to the sidequests and flavor/lore talks with characters it's clear they spent a lot of time fleshing those bits out. Going from a main storyline chat to a casual side chat with a NPC was like night and day. As a whole it felt like they had a lot more planned, they setup a whole team of bad guys for you to eventually take down but once you get close to the first you're suddenly transported to the end of the game and it's over just like that.

Give them a bigger budget and another year or so to work on the game and it really could have been good.
>>
File: Remember_Me.jpg (23 KB, 300x352) Image search: [Google]
Remember_Me.jpg
23 KB, 300x352
>>332491892
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.