[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ I'm scared. I already don't like this place and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 32
File: Oh fuck.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Oh fuck.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
/v/ I'm scared. I already don't like this place and I only just got here. Tips?
>>
Don't die
>>
Go the other way.
>>
>>332491889

The only scary thing about this place is the framerate. Seriously, what the fuck happened?
>>
>>332492210
I didn't take the master key!
I DIDNT TAKE THE MASTER KEY!!!
>>
>>332491889
Get to the bottom and follow the wall until you get to a sewer, there's a bonfire in there. Run clear across the swampy water past the ogres throwing rocks into the spidey looking cave hole. Yay boss. Ring bell. Prepare to enjoy the warm loving embrace that is Sen's Fortress.
>>
File: 1374470161693.jpg (25 KB, 391x366) Image search: [Google]
1374470161693.jpg
25 KB, 391x366
>>332492289
>Blighttown on consoles
>>
>>332491889

The dart blowers don't respawn. If you can get to one, beeline for it and murder its ass. Even if you die you won't have to deal with it anymore.

Use dung pies to trigger toxic on you. It does like no damage and will make you immune to the toxic from the dart blowers.

The spider shield from the depths gives you poison resist and blocks the poison from darts.

When you get to the bottom, roll to get through the mud faster.

If you're human, there's an NPC that will invade and try to kill you. She's easy as fuck to kill though.

There's two bonfires. One on a stone bridge not far from the entrance and one in a small alcove on the bottom floor near the water wheel
>>
>>332492569
Just break the pots and shit, it does fine then.
>>
>>332491889
When you get down to ground level, there is an easily missed bonfire on the right side.
>>
>>332492679

Oh and I forgot.

The giant wall squid will one shot you if you try to attack it from the side. You have to attack its belly.
>>
>>332491889
easiest are in the whole game bro. Get some poison resist to farm thingys down there.
Forgot what it is that you can farm but I know it's important.
>>
>>332492679
Is it possible to to make a run for it from top to bottom? Could I make it down without dying, give I heal when necessary? I'm at the bonfire on the bridge now, and I'm just looking around trying to get my bearings. And yeah, the framerate is getting choppy as fuck which definitely helping my situation.
>>
>>332492907

>this pamphlet can save your life.jpg
>>
>>332493015

If you really have to take advice from /v/ instead of doing your first run blind like a big boy, you're taking the wrong way in. You can enter from the Valley of Drakes via Firelink. Gaping Asshole's way in is the long way. It's best just to go in the short way and run to the area boss, then come back later and grab all the items.
>>
>>332493146
Do you need the master key for that? I heard you did, but I've been to a place Callled Valley of the Drakes already through a lift in Darkroot Basin, but got rekt trying to fight one of said drakes and just said fuck it and backed off.
>>
>>332493015

I'd say it's possible, but it's not easy even if you already know where to go. Speed runs take the master key to skip this level for a reason.

I will tell you though if you're at the bonfire, if you cross the next bridge with the two fire dogs, you can jump from a small plank off to the right of it down to a platform that will let you skip half of that area. But it brings you right up against one of the big fucks with a club so you gotta be ready. It's to the right before the slanted wall with the purple dude behind it.
>>
>>332493389
You don't need the master key.you can go through the Valley of the Drakes into the back entrance and skip the whole thing. The master key is for being able to get there as soon as you get to Firelink.
>>
>>332493389
If you don't have the master key it's way harder because you have to kill those drakes and a big drake. Possible, but I'd op for the regular way if you have trouble with the drakes.
>>
>>332493507
Alright thanks. I'm gonna give this a try.
>>
you're about to play the best area in the game. the game will never reach the high you're about to experience.

not even anor londo holds a candle to blighttown level design wise.
>>
>>332493720
>kill
That's a funny joke anon. Just run past them.
>>
>>332492289
They prioritized putting in a giant titty goddess over optimizing the game
>>
>>332492434
You fucking retard
>>
Just go slow and enjoy OP. I fucking love Blighttown. I even love Blighttown PvP.
>>
You'll shit your pants in Anor Londo if you think Blightown is hard.
>>
>>332492569
I played it on the 360 and it wasn't that bad... 15-25 iirc
>>
>>332491889
git gud
>>
File: 1459027299503.jpg (160 KB, 1208x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459027299503.jpg
160 KB, 1208x1080
>meet white spider lady
>rest in her bonfire
>proceed to travel lava place
>carefully proceed through 6 Capra demons, and cow with a hammer beast
>get my shit wrecked by some capra demon to the right
>fuck it, decide to pull a leroy jenkins
>run for my life into fog gate
>Demon Firesage
>genuinely did not expect.jpg
>aoe gets me once
>try to heal up
>hits me across from across the map with his long ass weapon
>try to dodge it again
>timing fucks me over
>die
>quit and decide that's enough Dark Souls for one night.

How am I going to finish this game before DaS3?
>>
>>332495775
You're almost there senpai.
>>
>>332491889
>Started a new playthrough while waiting for DS3.
>Intentionally didn't pick the master key to force myself going through Blighttown.
>Still took the Drake Valley bypass.

God damn it.
>>
>>332493721

Good luck m8. It's a pretty big jump, but it's definitely doable with light armor on.
>>
Hey Souls friends, I'm having trouble in my current playthrough where I went down through tomb of giants before getting the thingy to warp outta that shit hole. CBF fucking around with the wheel-boners so I'll probably just drop that character, was planning to end it anyway, after getting the second sun bro miracle.

My Q is whether this kind of shitty death trap is in the later games? What's 3 like? Do you have to get to a certain point before you can warp between bonfires?
>>
>>332496647
Nothing really to do with your question, but I know that feel all too well. Not being able to fast travel in DaS is killing it for me. It's such a fucking grind having to go through a whole bunch of nonsense just to get back to a certain area. Yeah there's shortcuts here and there, but it still feels like such a massive chore.

When do I get the Lord Vessel? What's the fastest way to acquire it?
>>
>>332495775

You can use the white spider lady to join the Chaos Servant covenant, and after donating some 20- or more humanity a shortcut will open, but only consider this if you absolutely can't go forward the long way
>>
>>332497216
Oh. Thank you, that gives me assurance.

>>332495851
I still have 4 lord souls to go, I'm not even close.
>>
File: 1419279030802.gif (3 MB, 368x349) Image search: [Google]
1419279030802.gif
3 MB, 368x349
>>332495775
Don't forget that you have lost oolacile aswell anon.
>>
>>332497376
:^)
>>
>>332496894
It's this one place that's really shilling me. Got me in my first playthrough as well, but this time I thought I could handle it.

Lord Vessel means following the main storyline, ring the bells then follow your nose. It's still a bit of a ways off if you're just going through blight town, but the way there is probably some of the best the game has to offer imo.
>>
>>332497476
Still haven't beat manus.
Fucking breezed through the whole game until I came to oolacile.
Everyone on DSG just told me to get a new fully upgraded weapon that was faster but I just gave up instead.
>>
>>332498005
I might just give up too, who knows.
Unless I somehow get magically powerful.
>>
>>332498005
if your dps is high enough you can mash his shit with the big club weapon and full havel gear

it robs all the fun out of it though, when i think about it my build on my first playthrough was too op and it made the game way too easy on me
>>
>>332500027
Yeah I wanted to beat him through dodging.
>>332499419
I didn't bother with 4 kings. Most enjoyable fight was Smough and Ornstein if you ask me, they probably get hard at NG+ though. Kalameet from Oolacile can fuck right off.
>>
>>332491889
Watch out for toxic darts, if one hits you, you'll be dead and no estus will save you
>>
>>332495775
>>genuinely did not expect.jpg
thats how like every single damn DaS/DaS2 level is.

if you know where you are going then just run
>>
>>332491889
Are you playing without the Dsfix?
>>
>>332491889
Get the rusty ring (or something like that), the spider shield, and that basic spell, magic arrow or something like that for the mosqitoes, with that it's a cake walk if you are patient and careful
>>
>>332491889
I always liked Blighttown to be honest
The swamp below is absolute shit though, hate that level
>>
>>332498005
I struggled with Manus until I stopped turtling behind my shield and actually started rolling. I gave up at Ancient dragon in Dark Souls 2 though. The run back to the boss was so annoying that I didn't care to attempt more than three times. The flame attack also seemed pretty bullshit.
>>
>>332495607
>15-25fps
>not unplayable

Alright.
>>
>>332503192
When you are used to 30 it's not a big deal at all, just a bit annoying
>>
>>332502647
>likes the scaffolding
>hates the swamp
Anon, I disagree with your tastes.
>>
>>332494209
That's a decision I can respect
>>
>>332498005
Manus and Kalameet are my two favourite boss in fact.
I killed both of them with a slow weapon (Zweihander) you just have to learn the patterns, they are pretty easy once you know when to dodge.
>>
>>332503862
Blighttown was interesting level and the vertical level design was cool. Didn't have much trouble with Blighttown either because I was cautious as fuck so not to fall and sniped the blowdart snipers before they could get to me.
The swamp was just single flat level where you had to stop ever 5 seconds to not get poisoned and thousand fucking mosquitoes coming at you at every moment. As a level it was boring as fuck. None of the enemies really posed a threat, they just felt like they were there to slow you down even more because building poison and one huge flat level didn't do that enough already.
Basically it's just annoying as fuck every time you play through it, Blighttown might have been slightly aggravating the first time but at least it had solid level design and you can basically run through it once you know the level.
>>
>>332492434
You don't need the master key to skip 90% of Blighttown. But seriously just nut up and do it. If you found the spider shield in the Depths, equip it.
>>
File: 20160330115641_1.jpg (497 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160330115641_1.jpg
497 KB, 1600x900
I too am having a good time.
>>
>>332502669
That area is much better in SOTFS. The dragon warriors don't go hostile as long as you engage in honourable 1v1 fisticuffs with the drakekeepers (of which there are only 3 on the main path) on the first time through. If you've spoken to or attacked the ancient dragon once, then they won't go hostile even if you skip the drakekeepers.

>>332504359
>wearing Havel's
>ever
wew lad
>>
>>332504359
You can't be fastrolling in that.
>>
>>332504474
Rolling's been pretty fine honestly. Just need to not suck.
>>
OP here. Managed to get down to the bonfire at the bottom after some bullshit here and there. The toxic dart dudes got me a few times, and I was pushed off ledges a few times because of the stupid fucking camera, but overall it wasn't too bad. The framerate was absolutely ass throughout however, really starts to chug bad at the bottom in the swamp.

Now what would your advice be for Queelag? Because she just rekt my shit hardcore. It doesn't help I have to slog through the posion swamp and avoid those big boulder guys just to get to her fucking area. All I have to work with is 5 estus flasks, a +7 Longsword (Or a +5 Claymore), and a standard Kite Shield you bought from the blacksmith in the Parish.
>>
>>332502572
I'm playing on the Xbone.
>>
I just finished this place yesterday and now I'm about to head through that giant ass gate.

My only issue is I can't decide what weapon I want to use. The claymore has been serving me well but I want to change it up every now and then and try new stuff. I have it narrowed down to

>iaito
>falchion
>estoc
>spear
>morning star
>bastard sword
>halberd
>balder side sword

What weapons do you guys like to use?
>>
>>332504824
If you have gold pine resin left she's weak to lightning. It's a relatively fast boss I wouldn't want to not fastroll at.
Get more humanity so you can kindle the bonfire. If you have no hard humanity, kill enemies until you get some, any area where boss is still alive yields humanity after enough enemies are killed.
>>
>>332504824
Get the rusted iron ring and just run past the giants, chug before you go through the fog, stay close to her and be aware of where the lava is at all times. Shes not that bad if youve got a decent enough weapon but she kicked my ass on sl1
>>
>>332505046
Wait hold up, kindle the bonfire? How do I do that and what does it do? I have a few humanities, and I think some of the double ones as well. Also, on a note relating to the bonfire thing, why does the one at firelink give me 10 chugs but the others only give 5? I hate how nothing is ever explained to you, it's no wonder people use guides.
>>
>>332504824
>Advice for Queelag?
Learn the moveset and the fastest route to the boss room.

When she goes to swing her sword roll towards her. If she goes to hug the spider back the fuck up. It's an AOE instakill. If you wait around the second bonfire in human form Mildred will spawn as a black phantom. Kill her and you can summon her for the Quelaag fight. She's also weak to lightning if you have gold pine resin left. Kindling the bonfire is also a good idea. You can do that in human form. It gives you +5 estus at that bonfire. Rusted Iron Ring will help too getting to the boss room faster but it's a pretty long detour at this point when you're already at the second bonfire.
>>
>>332504426
Haven't played SOTFS or any of the DLC. Maybe I should. I keep hearing the DLC was much better than the base game but I gave up on DS2 about as soon as the end credits rolled and haven't touched it since. I'm not really interested in playing DS3 either, because I expected a lot from DS2 and felt a bit disappointed when I finished it.
>>
>>332504824

Learn the timing for her sword swings. They're all easily dodgeable but one has longer range and does more damage than the others.

The spider has a few different lava breathing attacks that have different lengths. I usually wait for it to use these before attacking. One of them is hard to get an attack in between though because she almost always dodges right after.

Below a certain amount of health it will start using a point blank aoe that will probably one shot you. You can tell when she's about to use it when the thing roars but doesn't lift its legs like it does for the other close range attack. It also comes out real fast so you gotta gtfo quick.

Although I cheated and summoned the NPC phantom to help me.
>>
How are people still playing this for the first time, and if they are why are they asking how to play the game.

May as well use a guide since that's all your doing asking here.
>>
>>332502669
yeah, i when i get to fighting him i just use that time to farm everything till it stops respawning and use the souls to level a bit and to turn all my boss souls into weapons and spells. the fight itself is just getting the feel down for running behind him when he flies up to breath fire. you want to be behind his feet and not under his tail so he doesnt crush you when he lands and the fire doesnt reach that far behind him. using his shadow is the best way ive found to position right. also take off all your armor, except engraved gauntlets if you have them, shield with stam regen on your back as you 2hand your weapon of choice. still bull shit fight though i will agree.
>>
>>332505247
Whenever you are in human form, you can spend another soft humanity on bonfire so it will give you 10 flasks instead of 5.
>>
>>332498005
I had trouble with him until a friend of mine told me to use the silver pendant. Deflecting all the projectiles during that fight gave me the best feels.
>>
>>332492434
Good man. Master Key should only be used on your second+ playthrough. Experience Blighttown like it's supposed to be experienced babbies first 5-2.
>>
Just equip the damn spider shield and take it slowly and carefully. Kill the dart men when you come across them. Don't let them poison you.
>>
>>332505454
Oh right, that's handy. I assume thats a permanent thing, yes? I won't have keep using a humanity every time.
>>
I'm a new player as well. I'm in Anor Londo and I can get into the painting already if I want, but I haven't beaten Ornstein and Smough yet. My friend says the Painted World is super easy but I think he's bullshitting me. Can I do it, or should I leave it be?

Also when should I do the DLC content level-wise?
>>
>>332505358

I just want to talk about the game because I have no friends.
>>
>>332505247
About the guides, it is indeed advisable to not read any walkthroughs, but glancing over http://darksouls.wikidot.com/game-mechanics might be a good idea, especially whenever you're confused about how something works.

They really should have included a manual in the game that would thoroughly explain the game mechanics, I agree. It would make the players a lot less confused about the game.
>>
>>332505617

It's permanent for the bonfire you use it at, yeah. You have to spend another humanity for each bonfire you want kindled.
>>
>>332505617
It's a permanent thing. The effect remains even when you start NG+.
>>
>>332505627
The only remotely tough thing there is the boss. And that's only because she turns invisible.
Just keep an eye out on the floor if you choose to fight her. But you don't even need to do that.
>>
>>332505323
Yeah I hated it too at first. It really shines on replays when you expect the story and worldbuilding to suck and just focus on trying out different character builds. The DLC is on par with AOTA and Old Hunters.

>>332505617
That specific bonfire is permanently kindled, yeah. Even into NG+.
>>
>>332505627
painted world can be tough and your stuck in there until you finish it if you dont have the lord vessel. i would wait anon.
>>
>>332505627
It's not super easy, but O&S is clearly harder than anything in there.
>>
>>332505358
>Why are they asking how to play the game.
Souls games are intended as water cooler games. DS is super cryptic the first time around. No way I would've gotten into it if I didn't have people helping me out whenever I hit a dead end or didn't understand something. How much you want to look up is up to each player. Ultimately everyone has to go through the same fights.
>>
File: 1425707524855.png (24 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1425707524855.png
24 KB, 250x250
>>332491889
>Entering through that side
Stop reading guides
Stop being such a bitch
Turn around
Go through the depths entrance
Book it hard.
>>
>>332505846
But valley of the drakes is much, much, much easier to not just find, but also get past than the depths.
If you go through the whole depths before finding an area between firelink and darkroot basin then you're probably reading a guide.
>>
>>332504823
why ring of steel protection
>>
toxify yourself with poo pies
>>
>>332495775
You're are either
A) Just killed Kellog, meaning you're at the beginning
B) Killed almost everything and going for the Bed of Chaos

If A, it's not worth your time to go yet.
If B, you're close to the end of the game. Most people leave BoC for last.
My first playthrough was 20h or so, 2nd one was barely 6h since I knew all the bullshit.
You have time.
>>
>>332506039
I figured when is physical protection not good. It got me through the sanctuary guardian. What else should I be using?
>>
>>332505967
If there is one thing I hate about DS it's dragons.
Fucking dragons. Fuck them and their insta gib big wall of fire.
What makes it worse is that they are almost always in confined spaces.
It's like the devs decided to make drakes/dragons the middle finger to give the player.
>>
>>332505846
I did go through the Depths. Your memory must be a little hazy because I took that screenshot from that entrance just as the name popped up.
>>
File: knight, bonfire.jpg (835 KB, 986x1000) Image search: [Google]
knight, bonfire.jpg
835 KB, 986x1000
I just realised that best stat modifier that long swords can get is C.

Fuck, I thought this was like Demon's Souls and there was an equivalent crushing path for that absolutely mad S modifier.

How do I get weapons to do mad damage with a one handed weapon?

Mostly spent most of my levels on STR and some DEX.
>>
>>332502669
You can tank the firebreath indefinitely with the correct gear since all elemental resist is percentage based.
>>
>>332506162
>trying to get past the wyverns
>wyvern decides to turn around
>drags the player 180 degrees around itself because jagged models
>straight into pit
This happens every now and then. You really have to wait for that one to do the flying attack before going past.
>>
>tfw still stuck on Demon's Souls

I'm pretty sure this game is probably dead on the NA servers but the EU servers are deader than dead.
>>
>>332496894
Yeah fuck you, having fast travel early game killed most of the exploration in DS2.
>>
>>332506198
You're fucked son.
I went for the club. It's perfect for a strength + endurance giant man build. Easy to get and upgrade. Bit slow though so if you're fighting a fast boss like sif, you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>332491889
you can buy moss from the vendor inside the aqueduct.

it's legitimately not that hard, any of it. and the boss is stupid.
>>
>Mostly spent most of my levels on STR and some DEX.
You don't. Unless you can still go for 27/40. STR alone is really useless in Dark Souls.
>>
>>332506325
>tfw club is not so good in DS2 due to excessive mobs of enemies.
>>
>>332498005
Fast roll
Makes the entire fight a fucking breeze
Except for Dark Bead, that's still something you need to look out for.
>>
>>332506156
havels or wolf maybe, but if it works then stick with it. artorias deals a lot of dark damage though so its effectiveness will be limited in that fight
>>
>>332506418
was to >>332506198

There's always clubs if you want to go full STR.
>>
>>332506325
Shit. Ahh, well might start again in a magic build since I just loaded this game up after a two year break since DS3 is almost upon us.
>>
>>332506202
i was wondering about this. i figured smelter set with the pharros hat or flash sweat with the flame quartz +3 and an orange burr is the the way to go to try that.
>>
>>332506473
Early game you don't even need to bother with a shield so much if you have a club.
2 handed upgraded club can outrace most enemies in damage and is a little faster. As long as you can fast roll,it's fine.
>>
>>332505967
Easier to find yes, but you're not getting to it without a master key, which you can only buy from Ayy Shimae guy, whom you meet in the depths.

Everyone goes through there because everyone goes "Grab master key" to everyone who's starting out.
>>332506168
My bad, both entrances are a bit similar.
With every area you can either take it slow or run through everything. And Blighttown will definitely wear you down quickly.
>>
File: dark souls all out attack.png (875 KB, 1030x726) Image search: [Google]
dark souls all out attack.png
875 KB, 1030x726
>>332506473
>>332506418
I didn't know. I played it was just like Demon's Souls.

Generic knight, shield and one handed sword is how I've always handled games like these.

>27/40

That's oddly specific. Why?
>>
>>332506456
Artorias is telegraphed to hell and back though. One of the best bosses all around though, so fucking intense that he never lets up in his attacks.
>>
>>332506620
>That's oddly specific. Why?
When you two hand a weapon, you get 50% STR bonus.
See how the damage is affected by twohanding a quality weapon like longsword here. http://mmdks.com/849b
>>
find the shadow set for poison resistance and use it when you're in the lower part

find the wanderer set and use it against quelaag for fire resistance
other than that it's not that bad
>>
>>332506580
Also as backup. I had a lighting zweihander if I needed more reach.
Those two weapons are pretty much all you need in a STR+endurance build.
>>
>>332506198
No weapon is not viable. It's just that some are more broken than others.
Though if you're using longswords you'd best focus more on dex than str.
Quality builds are decent, throw some magic weapon/power within and you'll be wrecking face no matter what build you have.
>>332506620
27 str because it'll allow you to 2h any weapon that doesn't have int requirements
40 dex because 40 is where the diminishing returns really kick in.
>>
>>332492907
>Forgot what it is that you can farm but I know it's important.
Those vine thingys near the Stone Giants in the Lost Forest (i think thats the name?)
>>
>>332506795
This is a good idea since most of Quelaag's attacks are fire based.

But you have to be really careful with her stepping attack, it does a shitton of physical damage. Even Mildred just tanks that fire like crazy but that one strike rips more than third off her health right away.
>>
>>332506620

it's the go-to quality build for dark souls. As >>332506750 said, with two handing a weapon, you get 50% str bonus (rounded down), and with two handing weapons, you'll be at 40/40, enough to use almost all but the heaviest weapons at a good chunk of their full potential, since 40 is the softcap for most stats.
>>
>>332506823
>>332506580
Works as long as you have some poise I guess. Builds with 21 or less are usually really hard to play.
>>
>>332495607
>15-25 iirc
Reminder that consolecucks actually consider this playable
>>
File: yuria.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yuria.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
If I was to start as a pyromancer or sorcerer, what are some general advice I should know?
>>
>>332506881
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzZw3ju8ziQ
This is it. Large titanite farming in blighttown.
>>
>>332506952
magic sucks in dark souls because it uses charges, so you can never fully rely on it.

Pyromancer is the best starting class though
>>
>>332506750
>When you two hand a weapon, you get 50% STR bonus
Only as far as the usage requirements are concerned. You don't actually get a damage bonus from that.
40 or even 50 Strength is still viable if you want to use fuckhuge weapons and get max damage.

>>332506952
That starting class doesn't really matter. You can start as a knight and branch into sorcery later, or vice versa. It just determines your starting stats and equipment, and all the starter equipment for every class can be obtained pretty early on.
>>
>>332506927
The lack of poise is troublesome.
But as long as you can parry by the time you get to Anor Londo it's very doable.
Just make sure you have fast roll, and stat plentiful stocked with healing stuff.
>>
>>332507046
This is mostly useful if you don't want to kill Quelaag/Bell Gargoyles but still want +6/+10 gear. Otherwise you're better off just proceeding to Sens's Fortress where you can get more large shards fast and easy.
>>
>>332503192
0 is unplayable.
>>
>>332506750
>>332506912
>>332506852
Right oh, cheers. Time to start pumping DEX.

>>332507150
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. No special methods for increasing uses per spell?

>>332507254
I know, I mean any general things to aim for or avoid if I want to specialise in magic or fire.
>>
>>332507254
>Only as far as the usage requirements are concerned. You don't actually get a damage bonus from that.
You actually do get damage bonus from that. Go in game and try it with any weapon that has STR scaling. Your AR changes when you twohand the weapon. That bonus comes on top of the moveset bonus for twohanding as well.
>>332507254
>40 or even 50 Strength is still viable if you want to use fuckhuge weapons and get max damage.
It's a waste unless you want to onehand trash like DGH. There's much better weapons available that don't require fuckload of stats.
>>
>>332491889
I'm doing my first playthrough right now, just finished Blighttown and so far, the hardest boss was Capra demon because of the hillariously bad camera in the small room you have to fight him at. I felt like I'm fighting camera more than the boss himself
>>
I wish it was possible to do an HP regen/vampire build in DaS1.

Butcher Knife is 5 HP per hit, Ring of the Evil Eye is 30 HP per kill and Sanctus is 1 HP/sec. Plus you'll look ridiculous.
>>
Also, forgot >>332507589

is 27 str and 40 dex the best way to go if I want to use claymore mainly?
(and maybe some halberd, but I'm gonna focus on claymore)
>>
>>332506891
it's really easy to avoid though, I tried this boss about 10 times and didn't get hit by it once

Also look out for when she lays down on the spider that's when she does her aoe attack which will kill you instantly most times so you need to get the fuck out of there asap

overall blighttown is not that bad, get ready for Sen's funhouse OP
>>
>>332507589
he's pretty easy after you kill the dogs
>>
>>332507375
>I know, I mean any general things to aim for or avoid if I want to specialise in magic or fire
Alright, kill the hydra and get the Oolacile catalyst ASAP because it's the best one for a long while (this also gets you the Crown of Dusk which is a huge magic damage boost), don't neglect strength and dex because you still want a buffable weapon (16/16 lets you wield a variety of good weapons), don't kill Seath without cutting off his tail, buy the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring.
>>
File: 1457449665232 Fire Emblem.jpg (103 KB, 480x607) Image search: [Google]
1457449665232 Fire Emblem.jpg
103 KB, 480x607
>>332506952

Just lost a proper fully typed reply, so gonna give you a quick summary instead.

1) Pyromancy is fucking fun and doesn't rely on stats, only on your Flame Fist's level. So get enough Str/Dex to wield an Uchigatana, enchant it with Fire, and put the rest of your levels into Vit/Stam. You'll be tanky as shit and do fucktonnes of damage with your spells because you'll still have an Ascended Flame Fist +5.

2) After you beat Quelagg look around the swamp for a lonely woman sitting next to a tree. If you don't see her, come back later. She's the second/important Pyromancy trainer and vital to a Pyromancy run.

3) If you want to break the game, do the following:

Take master key as your starting gift. When you beat the Taurus Demon go down the bridge stairs to Lower Undeadburg (if Master key doesn't work then the real key is outside the Cathedral you find next), look in the next few houses, the Master Key should open one with a Wizard inside. Go back to Firelink and pay whatever you need to to him to buy the Bellowing DragonCrest ring.

That's step one.

And now:

Go down to Darkroot basin (go past the cathedral, past the blacksmith and right), kill the Hydra (Good luck! A bow will help if you've got the stats to use one) and go to the far end of the lake following the shallow River around the corner. Fight and defeat the Golden Golem to release Dusk. Go back to the edge of the lake and look around for a sign to summon Dusk (you may need to log out and back in, not sure), then after talking to her go back to where you fought the Golden Golem, you'll see her corpse with the Dusk Crown on it

Congratulations, wearing both these items together you can now 2 shot pretty much any enemy in the game. RIP n TEAR.

If you want to make things even more insane, go get Power Within in Blighttown. It's past the crazy worm thing.
>>
>>332507837
This. You just need to get past him and the dogs, bait the dogs up the stairs, kill them, and you can just play mind games all day long with ol' Cappy.
If he starts running up stairs, jump down, and then roll past him back up the stairs, lure him under the arch and drop down attack him then run back up the stairs.
>>
>>332507375
>Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. No special methods for increasing uses per spell?

Honestly it only matters earlygame and only really if you're a Pyromancer. By midgame Sorcerer you have enough spells to blast through anything no problem.

And Pyromancers don't need to level any stats so they can just wield a weapon anyway for no loss. Just get an Fire Uchigatana +5 and an Ascended Fist +5 and you're an unstoppable god.
>>
>>332507953
>>332507837
Yeah, I knew that. It's just that camera was really, really wonky for me in that room and I died like a retard a few times too much because I couldn't see what the fuck he's doing.
>>
>>332507773
It is, but I remember getting rekt with that strategy when I wasn't prepared for physical attacks. It really was the damage not the move that surprised me.
>>
>mfw I took the master key my first playthrough and went up Blighttown instead of just fighting Quelaag
>>
File: 1426543577530.png (312 KB, 409x322) Image search: [Google]
1426543577530.png
312 KB, 409x322
>>332508128
>tfw didn't have master key
>did this anyways

I still think that the one tunnel near Firelink should be exit-only or something.
>>
>>332491889
>tfw I had to cheat to pass blighttown

Feels bad man
>>
>>332507682
>is 27 str and 40 dex the best way to go if I want to use claymore mainly?
Yes.
>>332508024
Try to focus on the audio cues. You can dodge his attacks indefinitely just with that if you needed to.
>>
File: ok!.gif (1 MB, 712x393) Image search: [Google]
ok!.gif
1 MB, 712x393
>>332508140
>Yes.
thanks friend
>>
>>332506418
That's how I've done my first playthrough in every Souls game so far. STR only and use a huge and slow but high STR scaling weapon with no armor or some rags. I've been able to finish and it forces you to learn the bosses but might not be the most optimal build.
>>
File: ray 01.jpg (718 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ray 01.jpg
718 KB, 1920x1080
>>332507873
>>332507883
>>332507974
Thanks Tom, Dick and Harry.

I'll probably restart my game with magic/fire and catch up to my long neglected knight so I'll be able to resume my first game without being fucking lost, finish that game normally with sword and shield and then beat it again with OP death fire god.
>>
>>332495775
you can cheese the boss by baiting him toward the initial fog gate
he'll fall and die
>>
>>332508530
you're thinking of ceaseless discharge
>>
Is falchion good and worth upgrading? I really like it's move set. Whats the stat build I should go for this weapon?
>>
>>332508603
Yes. Its main advantage is that it's fast as fuck. Since buffs in DS1 add flat damage per hit, they're best on fast weapons.

Lots of Dex, plus 30+ Faith for SLB or 25+ Int for CMW.
>>
>>332492569
on PC is even worse, the FPS fix doesn't work.
>>
I found Dukes Archives a LOT harder than Blighttown
>>
>>332508860
Works just fine. That and even without it, you're getting constant 30FPS anyways.
>>
>>332504824
You can spend some time farming leeches in blightown swamp, they have high drop rate for large and green titanite. Easy way to upgrade your stuff early.
>>
>>332508953
Every time I put that thing on,my game crash on the lower half of Blighttown.

And on 30 FPS that part is unplayable, worst part? I had to go there to farm Titanite.
>>
>>332509028
>Every time I put that thing on,my game crash on the lower half of Blighttown.
Never seen such a problem, though Dark Souls's PC port is infamous for commonly having problems.
Update your drivers (tools like driverbooster can be useful) and update your motherboard BIOS. The latter managed to fix the game not booting at all for my friend's PC.
>>
>>332509028
>And on 30 FPS that part is unplayable, worst part?
If you run the game at higher frame rate it just becomes super easy because of animation speeds and stunlocks ease up.
>>
File: DSIISun.png (434 KB, 900x620) Image search: [Google]
DSIISun.png
434 KB, 900x620
>800 hrs in DaS1
>160 hrs in DaS2
>Going to play through both one more time before DaS3 comes out
>Tfw remember -every- -thing- about DaS1 and could play through the entire game in my head and know where every enemy is, what the majority of items are that are in chests or laying around, can basically play the game with my eyes closed
>Memory of DaS2 is so vague for half the game, have troubles remembering certain areas or bosses, never even did a full NG+ play through
Seems pretty fitting for DaS2's theme of going hollow and shit.
Anyone want to suggest me some builds to play as? Either specific characters or by stats (ie str+fai, quality, etc). I want to do a NG and NG+ playthrough for both games. Man, DaS2 pre-release was so long ago but it feels like I remember it all like yesterday. The daily theories and leaks, the day I bought the game, it's all so vivid.
>>
File: DSRoll.jpg (237 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
DSRoll.jpg
237 KB, 1280x800
>>332509237
I bought Scholar when it came out and played it for ~40 hours. Got to the final boss, did one of the dlc areas and quit. It wasn't worth it. It just wasn't the same. But at least I know that now.
>>
>>332509237
Play a battlemage. Use a greatsword and a staff, while equipping the heaviest armour you can find, unless you want a robe because it looks cool.

Funnest playthru of DkS2 I've ever done.
>>
>>332491889
It's not that bad if you get the rusted iron ring
>>
>>332509519
This, though I went with thrusting swords and light armor for dat roll.
>>
>>332509506
Well, here we go.
>>
>>332509237
Do the DLC if you haven't already. They're fucking excellent (apart from the optional challenge bosses, some of those are kinda shit).

As for builds, do a man-at-arms. 40/40 quality, no magic, pick one weapon from each class to upgrade and have 6 weapons equipped at all times for maximum versatility.
>>
File: 1453621307045.png (124 KB, 249x272) Image search: [Google]
1453621307045.png
124 KB, 249x272
>he didn't just go the back way
>>
>>332506610
>he didn't choose the master key as his starting gift
>>
File: Emerald Herald.jpg (209 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Emerald Herald.jpg
209 KB, 1000x750
>>332509506
My brother bought SotFS, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. 2 left such a bad taste in my mouth with so many things it did wrong or with lost potential, and seeing that SotFS was just a slightly updated game with an extra boss and changed enemy placements, and an attempt to fix the shitty story, I just couldn't put $60 down for it. DaS2 isn't a bad game, it's just... Disappointing.
>>332509519
Sounds cool, I think I'd rather use light/medium armor but that's a good suggestion.
>>332509783
I've played all the DLC, the Crowns are all great except for most of the bosses (except for Alonne, Fume, and Ivory.) Do the crown DLCs change in NG+?
That also sounds fun, albeit upgrading will be a pain for a while but that seems like a good build.
>>
>>332509979
I think the new boss in SOTFS was patched into the base game too? You just have to say yes to all of Aldia's dialogue and then kill Vendrick before Nashandra to make him appear. It's a pretty shit fight but the soundtrack is great and it opens up a third ending which may have some deep lore significance in DS3.
>>
>>332509506
rollingu
>>
>>332510194
Oh, really? That'll be cool if it was. I haven't seen the actual fight or what lore significance the character has, so I guess I can be caught up with that by playing the game again.
>>
File: Kylo Ren.png (871 KB, 414x906) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren.png
871 KB, 414x906
>>332509589
>>332509979

Anything works, swords plus magic is really fucking cool. Here's my dude.
>>
>>332512078
I always enjoyed spell-blades (with a focus on melee), so I'll probably do that. Man, seeing that reminded me of my Moonlight Maiden build I never finished. I used that Moonlight broadsword (or was it shortsword?) reskin, the MLGS, and the fake MLGS with a female character that had matching skin. Shame I never finished her and got to do PvP.
>>
>>332493146
What level do you recommend I be?
>>
File: l58ei8l.jpg (27 KB, 638x424) Image search: [Google]
l58ei8l.jpg
27 KB, 638x424
>ITT: le blighttown is problematic meme
>>
>>332491889
Does anyone know what stats i need so i can roll regularly in the knight set?
>>
>>332512690
Obtain Havel's Ring by defeating the stone guy at the bottom of the tower in Undead Burg if you want to use heavy stuff with other heavy stuff.
>>
>>332512078
Nigga I'm gonna straight up jack your looks. Their mine now.
>>
>>332512781
I tried fighting him and i got destroyed, i ran past him and got into that darkroot bit, is the ring the only way?
>>
>>332512690
Endurance. Press select on the stat screen and it tells you what every stat does.
>>
>>332512846
How much do i need? I've been leveling endurance but i still can't roll properly
>>
I didn't have a problem with blighttown. Fuck sens fortress though, holy shit. I didn't even know about the bonfire at the top, so I had to run the whole thing every time the iron cuck killed me
>>
>>332512837
No, but they're an immense help, especially if you want to play a more tankier build (Like heavy armour, a decent shield and a mid-to heavyweight weapon). Otherwise you'll just have to pump points into endurance.

>>332512792
Go for it, fampai. Spread the love and all that.
>>
File: 1455121663164.jpg (86 KB, 534x820) Image search: [Google]
1455121663164.jpg
86 KB, 534x820
>>332491889
NEWFAG!!!
>>
It's not hard, as long as you take it slow and don't panic.
>>
>>332512078
>tfw I have a +10 raw claymore
Have to try it out with sunlight blade in NG+
>>
>>332512951
Kek
>>
>>332491889
G I T
U
D
>>
>>332512837
>>332512960
Also, you pretty much /have/ to cheese him, unless you want to dare death and attempt to parry him.

Unequip all your armour when fighting him because he's most likely gonna down you in one or two hits nonetheless, don't lock onto him and keep trying to get behind him.
Don't be scared to kite him around the two lowest levels of the tower too.
>>
File: 1457495886139.gif (466 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1457495886139.gif
466 KB, 500x280
>>332491889
Will a gargoyle's halberd raw help me clear through this area?

Also how do i get lightning on that shit?
>>
File: 1457489927730.jpg (46 KB, 308x445) Image search: [Google]
1457489927730.jpg
46 KB, 308x445
>>332491889
post yfw the first time you were comfortable to run and jump most of the way down
>>
>>332491889
I found it not as bad as everyone says if you have your shield up at all times and equip tatterd clothes when at the bottom. Bring ~20 Moss with flower from the trees in darkroot garden.
>>
I haven't played since I had a ps3. Are the keybaord controls as bad as people say? I have it sitting in my steam account but don't own a controller
>>
File: Radical.png (57 KB, 390x329) Image search: [Google]
Radical.png
57 KB, 390x329
>>332513170
>Tfw safely jumping down the Catacombs for the first time
>>
Is there a summon for the gaping dragon fight? Or do i have to get good
>>
>>332513372
Nah, they aren't bad at all.
>>
>>332513440
Honestly it's better without it. Solaure and Laucrete did fuck all for me and died really early and also they raise the bosses health. Better off soloing it.
>>
>>332513440
There are summons, but its one of the easiest fights in the game.
He is very slow so just get at his tail and 2hand your weapon.
>>
I finished DS yesterday and will soon start the second.

I hardly do anything other than the Knight archetype in any RPG and I'm a bit fed up of it.

How much impact does it have on the challenge and gameplay to play a magus character on DS2?
>>
>>332513553
Solare helped me in the gargoyle fight because he just drew aggro to be honest
>>
>>332504359
Cis havel scum
>>
>>332513593
>magus
Did you mean Magus from CT or magic? I'll assume magic.
Int build can be pretty easy mode because magic is strong and you don't need to be in the enemies' faces a whole lot, you can just backpedal and stay a safe distance away. Spells are much better than DaS1. If you want to switch things up a bit more, do a dex+int or a int+fai build.
>>
>>332505757
>The DLC is on par with AOTA and Old Hunters.
I respectfully disagree, TOH is incomparable
>>
>>332513157
>Halberd Raw
Ya dun goofed. Raw is a short term reward where as normal 15+ goes beyond raw 5+. Which leads to the next thing.
>Also how do i get lightning on that shit?
Only normal 10+ weapons can be upgraded to an elemental path. You need the large ember from the Depths. Hand it to Andre (Blacksmith in Undead Parish). Upgrade your weapon to 10+. Get to Anor Londo. Talk to the Giant Blacksmith. Upgrade 10+ to 0+ lightning with a titanite chunk.
>>
>>332504426
>>332513721
What's your beef with the Havel set?
>>
>>332513725
My bad, I mean Mage.

Thanks for the info, I guess I go for the dex/int with light armor.
>>
Stack up some purple haze, this is the part where everyone tries to poison you.
>>
Goddamnit, solare didn't help at all.
>>
>>332491889
There's a build that will be perfect for you, anon. It makes BlightTown a piece of cake.
www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/145305
>>
>>332513643
They are really helpful then but anon honestly they don't do shit to gaping dragon and get killed off easily.
>>
>>332514596
OP you should give this a try
>>
>>332492289
>consoleplebs
>>
>>332514196
Literally every playstyle you can think off is viable in DKS2. It doesn't have to be dex/int, it can be any combination, it has the best build variety of the series. It also added a lot of flavor items like more weapons with special attacks, different catalysts types like a sword that casts sorceries and a mace that casts miracles/hexes (though you lose the R2 attack), proper dual wielding complete with a dedicated stance with different movesets for different weapon classes, even just holding anything in your off hand that isn't a shield feels a lot more natural.

Also, you can respec.
>>
File: 211420_20160326002907_1.png (662 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
211420_20160326002907_1.png
662 KB, 1920x1080
Only thing I hate about BT are the mosquitoes and toxin darts.

That said, stuck on O&S. Gonna have to co-op.
>>
>>332514849
>Also, you can respec.

Damn, That's nice.
>>
File: 211420_20160326232740_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
211420_20160326232740_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>want Ornstein's armor
>so I go after Smough
>easy peasy
>except I forgot how fucking tough Ornstein is
>anal rape
>more anal rape for the next five tries

I just want his armor, that's all. Just let me kill you, you buttblasting lightning cunt.
>>
>>332514695
Do you have to do anything to finish off gaping dragon? Solare did zero damage and his health was on it's last legs
>>
>Try to recreate some old builds of mine in mugenmonkey to share
>Dracula, Xanthous King+Painting Guardian hybrid build, Fat Official
>Browser crashes
Fuck it.
>>
>>332515201
Think he's Sif, stay under his legs until he jumps, then you run away and repeat.
>>
I just beat Seath yesterday, where should I go now? New Londo or Demon Ruins? Kinda scared of these places senpai.
>>
>>332515684
Bait for those unlucky insta-kill jumps the dragon can do.
>>
>>332515947
New Londo and four kings are piss easy, get some of those curse hands though, you'll need them.
Demon ruins and lost izalith are shit areas, so leave them for last.
>>
>>332515965
Cheers
>>
>>332515947
New Londo is shorter but has one pretty hard boss (for new players), Demon Ruins is longer and has multiple bosses that aren't too bad.
>>
>>332516031
>>332516064
Guess I'll just man up and go to New Londo. I've heard so much shit about Demon Ruins I'm gonna try to postpone it a little bit.
>>
Does anyone actually do strictly Mage runs in Souls games?
>>
File: Carmack.png (402 KB, 469x498) Image search: [Google]
Carmack.png
402 KB, 469x498
>Not fucking up the mosquitoes with a solid burst of combustion flames
>>
>>332516407
>tfw I have to carry a base stat Falchion around with me because the Gravelord Greatsword is too damn slow
>>
Why do lizards inhabit Sen's Fortress?
>>
>>332507616
I miss that shit from DeS, plus the scraping spear and baby's nail pvp fun.
>>
>>332506313
clearly it didn't kill any exploration if you fucking chose to explore.
>>
File: 54090301_p0_master1200.jpg (255 KB, 631x1000) Image search: [Google]
54090301_p0_master1200.jpg
255 KB, 631x1000
>>332514114
Badge of a shitter
>>
>>332491889
Take off the EKS and put on the Thief Set for more Poison/Toxic resist. Slap on the Spider Shield and just take your time baiting mobs away from each other, I'd suggest a Bow as well.
>>
>>332491889
Turn your Brightness up and just avoid the ranged attacks, and poison water at the bottom. Oh yeah try not to fall off the 20000 foot ledges for useless crap.
>>
File: 1374094352135.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1374094352135.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>332521221
>Turn your Brightness up
>>
How much endurance do most big-sword/two-hander builds go for? I usually play agile characters so I'm looking to try a character who wields a big sword but who can still swing a few times or roll if they have to.
>>
>>332522006
40 is the cap for most builds. You only need more for more equip load not for the Endurance bar.
>>
>>332504474

Fuck I miss ninja flipping with havels before they patched that shit.
>>
>>332491889
Yeah, read a guide and ruin the experience for yourself. Oh wait, you already did that.
>>
>>332522213
Yeah, bigswords are heavy. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>332516840
>base stat Falchion

That was my weapon of choice my first time and found Blighttown to be less of a chore since I was also a Pyro. I was also pretty hyped when i was bale to upgrade it to Quelaag's sword. That thing never left my side
>>
>>332523005
Quelaag's sword is such a fun weapon. Melts most people, is super fast, scales with humanity. A beautiful weapon.
Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.