[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Considering getting this, only $15. But is it worth my time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Layers_of_Fear_Cover.png (130 KB, 215x257) Image search: [Google]
Layers_of_Fear_Cover.png
130 KB, 215x257
Considering getting this, only $15. But is it worth my time? Kinda liked Outlast, but the mobility was a pain in the ass. Opinions...
>>
I'm curious as well, bump.
>>
File: tumblr_mhpiu14YEi1s3ot0fo3_1280.jpg (464 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhpiu14YEi1s3ot0fo3_1280.jpg
464 KB, 960x540
>>332488780
it's a themepark ride
>>
The trailer for it looks interesting, though it's vague.
>>
>>332488780
I bought it but I haven't gotten around to playing it. The overall attitude was that it was fine, flawed but a decent experience.

This is why I miss demos.
>>
Looks like a walking simulator with a horror twist.
>>
>>332488780
I have played through it, it's pretty good, all things considered.
Maybe not $15 to some people, but definitely $15 to me.
>>
>>332489116

Honestly, this. I was fairly hyped when I saw the trailer and was horribly disappointed in my playthrough. Once you realize there's no real threat, its just a haunted house ride that's about 4 hours long.

If you're okay with that, I'd say its alright for a couple playthroughs (multiple endings). Otherwise, just pass.
>>
>>332489857
Expanding,

It's a walking simulator with an interesting underlying story, if you're willing to slog through a myriad of jumpscares, fucked geometry, and checking every drawer, cabinet, and door for collectibles.

It's 50/50 obvious jumpscares and somewhat unexpected stuff that actually gets you, has a varying sense of dread and is enjoyable if you like plot.
>>
>>332489857
its on G2A for 8 bucks
>>
>>332490128
>jumpscares
Fuck it then.
>>
Get SOMA OP, the ending will stick with you and the world is amazing
>>
>>332490387
>SOMA
>Good
Oh you're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: Apples.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Apples.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Also, just cause, here's a picture of a pile of apples.
This was prefaced with a note in the Pantry saying "We're running out of apples."

>They did something to the mouse sensitivity
>Turned the vertical down overall and turned the horizontal up
I cannot get used to this...
>>
It scared me on PC, but the framerate was ass (my computer is pretty decent, but it's four years old and is approaching toaster status), so I'm considering getting it on PS4.
>>
>>332490757
>approaching toaster status
>I'm considering getting it on another toaster
>>
>>332490426
I liked the plot and setting senpai.
As far as walking sims go it was pretty good. The brainscan theme also got me thinking a bit, which says a lot.
Better than Firewatch, that's for sure.
>>
>>332490387
i liked soma wish it was longer but that ending was top tier so i can forgive some of its shit
>>
>>332490426
SOMA wasn't perfect but it was better than Layers of Fear by a landslide. Layers of Fear was absolute garbage bottom-tier scarygame walking sim.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.