[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think VR is gonna work /v? I feel that maybe it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Do you think VR is gonna work /v?

I feel that maybe it's too soon for this.
>>
>>332487059
Eh, it really depends if major devs/publishers make something for it.
>>
the tech already works though.
>>
>>332487059
vr augments how you experience graphics. all the effort will be put into graphics related resources, which usually means it will suffer in the gameplay department. it's going to be a fad, just like motion controllers
>>
>>332487059
Not really, but I think it'll be a cool gimmick for playing games with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2n6F2YB91I
>>
It's going to be nauseating and flimsy until we have total nerve stimulation / interaction.

Wait 20 years.
>>
It's not even real VR, it's just a face screen. It'll be better than fucking Virtual Boy if that's what you're asking, but kicking a wall with your bare feet only to discover a hive of wasps inside is better than that piece of shit.
>>
File: 1381184528608.jpg (267 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
1381184528608.jpg
267 KB, 1280x905
>>332487251
This.
Now we have better hardware than 5-7 years ago, way better.
Let the normies have its own shitty games while they keep demanding higher res displays.
There are 3rd party programs to inject drivers into lots of games, its the same method as before actually, and from then the games created with harware support.
>>
by this holiday season the MSM will have caught on and it will be the hot big ticket consumer good of the season. brick and mortars will beg to stock them and be accommodated. there will be major government and megacorp contracts made (in thousands of units).

By next year they will be transforming things. Especially the Vive. There are still secrets they're yet to reveal - chiefly, 3D scanning, photogrammetry.

this is year zero, boys. the future is finally here.
>>
>>332487059

What do you mean, "going to work"?

It already works. VR has been fully functional since 2011.

Do you mean profitable/successful?
>>
>hearing people talk about sweating from headsets, noticible pixels, headaches

it certainly feels like they're jumping the gun on this.

they need a better form factor
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.