[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metroid thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10
File: RyuchiNakada.png (107 KB, 784x222) Image search: [Google]
RyuchiNakada.png
107 KB, 784x222
get in here, Metroidbros.

what's your thoughts on Mr. Nakada?
>>
File: rrrrrrrrrrr.jpg (34 KB, 459x488) Image search: [Google]
rrrrrrrrrrr.jpg
34 KB, 459x488
>>332467639
>most recently supervised Dark Moon
is that supposed to fill me with hope
that game was below average at best
>>
i'm gonna throw up phazon
>>
>>332468032
>is that supposed to fill me with hope
n_o
>>
>>332467639
So he's gotten consistently worse over the last 15 years?
>>
>>332467639
at least he's not Sakamoto
>>
File: whew, here we go wah-gain.jpg (134 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
whew, here we go wah-gain.jpg
134 KB, 1136x640
>WL4 team still working on Sakamoto's behalf for Metroid
come the fuck on, i just want a new WL game.
>>
>>332467639
>general fusion design
>ZM stealth segment

Wow, so the worst part of one game and absolutely retarded level designs for another. Guess we can expect a shit game from FF.
>>
File: THEBABY.jpg (11 KB, 383x378) Image search: [Google]
THEBABY.jpg
11 KB, 383x378
>>332467639
Metroid is dead.
>>
File: 1389239278625.jpg (15 KB, 285x249) Image search: [Google]
1389239278625.jpg
15 KB, 285x249
>Yoshio Sakamoto had a hand in Super Metroid, and he's currently working on Metroid: Other M

get hype!
>>
>>332467639

Literally don't care. As always, Metroid is dead to me til the next title comes out and I can actually judge it. Go to sleep you ADHD faggots.

End.
>>
File: PLAY TIME IS ORGE-GRE.png (126 KB, 327x265) Image search: [Google]
PLAY TIME IS ORGE-GRE.png
126 KB, 327x265
>Fusion devs are still fucking here
WHY? WHY CAN'T WE GET WAYFORWARD OR INTI CREATES TO HANDLE TRADITIONAL METROID?

I JUST WANT A 2D-STYLE METROID PRIME; THERE ISN'T MUCH TO DIG IN THE MAINLINE ESPECIALLY WHEN IT SUPPOSED TO END WHERE THE LAST METROID DIED.
>>
File: That's a big Space Pirate.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
That's a big Space Pirate.png
2 MB, 1366x768
Stealth Segments confirmed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNyWixkbXIE&feature=youtu.be&t=31m55s
>>
>>332471795
>Stealth Segments confirmed
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Found some guy's list of impressions from Wondercon
>Overall, the game looks pretty alright. I still think the Super Deformed look is misplaced in this kind of game, but once you're playing it sort of fades into your periphery. The game looked like it was running at 30FPS with 3D off.
>Movement in the game feels about right. The walking speed feels about the same as in prime. When charging your power beam, you move a bit slower. You can hover a bit after you jump by holding the A button. When locked on you can also strafe jump around your target if you need to dodge an incoming projectile.
>Reviving teammates is as easy as being near them and mashing A. You only get 40 points of health back though, so it's important to have someone with repair kits around. And speaking of...
>Enemies do not drop health energy from what I noticed. If you need a heal you need to carry repair kits or be near someone who has them.
>There's a new beam type here: Shock Beam. I didn't get to use it too much so I wasn't able to learn what its effects were. I wanna say it's gonna be similar to the Wave Beam since that also had electrical properties in Prime, but I can't say for sure. It does do more damage than an uncharged power beam shot.
>If you just lock on and move the analog stick left or right, you'll walk around your target. If you jump while locked on and moving, you'll do a fast dodge-jump in the direction you're holding.
>I was playing this on the New 3DS XL. The controls were configured similarly to Prime's default mapping with a few exceptions.
>You can lock on to targets as you would in Metroid Prime. For further precision, you can press and hold either L or ZL (I forget which) to use motion controls for aiming.
>Rather than using the c-stick or d-pad to switch beam types, you press a button top cycle through them. The beams also use ammo like missiles.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/comments/4cc6zh/had_a_chance_to_play_federation_force_at/
>>
File: super deform.png (170 KB, 563x187) Image search: [Google]
super deform.png
170 KB, 563x187
>>332471795
>Samus is the only non-manlet in Feddie Force
c'mon guys, this just embarrassing.
>>
>>332472386
danke, my fellow incognito neo-digg user.
>>
>>332472407
So if Ridley showed up should he be smaller in perspective?
And if Samus actually does appear in the game should she be smaller than a Federation Golem?
>>
>>332472660
>So if Ridley showed up should he be smaller in perspective?
Tanabe said Samus' rivalry with Ridley and the Chozo lore will be left alone in FF and what ever goes on after in the future Prime games.

he probably won't be in FF, maybe a cameo. (which makes sense, after MP3, he's supposed to be healed from the phazon and growing out of the meta-attachments then back into his skin.)
>>
reminder tanabe said, in an interview, that Sakamoto said FF takes place during the time Samus is exterminating the Metroids (M2 to Super)

the Metroid Prime part was a memory mistake, still takes place between M1/ZM and M2

this explains why Metroids aren't a major thing in MP:FF aside the Metroid-related mission(s?) Tanabe has mentioned
>>
Does Tanabe listen to criticism?
From what I hear about this guy he really likes the challenge of "making things hated become beloved"
>>
>>332474070
he explained interests to do a Tingle game and wanted to make him likable in the west than hated.

also Sticker Star
>>
File: federation-force.jpg (169 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
federation-force.jpg
169 KB, 1000x500
>We pretend Federation Force didn't cause controversy

Anything you hope to see in the game?
I kinda want to see Krikens get involved for one mission.
>>
>>332475483
i'm picking this game up as a special time waster. hoping the multiplayer online ends up being good.
>>
>>332475858
Is online confirmed?
>>
>>332475926
i think it was said on the direct
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.