[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumping between this and the original is like night and day,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: rocksmith 2014.jpe.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
rocksmith 2014.jpe.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
Jumping between this and the original is like night and day, it's not a chore to navigate, the latency issues have been massively improved, the guitarcade games are actually fun and fuck me that session mode is amazing. It's like I've got my own private band whenever I feel like it. So why aren't you learning guitar /v/?
>>
File: taiko_don.png (463 KB, 1153x1114) Image search: [Google]
taiko_don.png
463 KB, 1153x1114
Because I prefer Taiko no Tatsujin. Guitars are for fags, give me a drum any day.
>>
>>332449621
I mean, how can your faggy guitar even compare to this shit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axCs-mvF12o
>>
File: 4L_57jQxaqB.jpg (23 KB, 349x262) Image search: [Google]
4L_57jQxaqB.jpg
23 KB, 349x262
>tfw no cool pianosmith game
synthesia doesn't count desu
>>
>>332449621
But anon, you can play drums on guitar hero.
>>
>>332450283
I don't recall Steve Vai and the fucking Karate Kid duelling on silly little drums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMAkr_Z74E8
>>
>>332450595
Yeah, but no hardcore techno, anime ost, game ost etc.
Drum Mania was better.
>>
>>332450685
I don't recall giving a fuck about Steve Vai or the fucking Karate Kid. How good are their video games? Oh right.
>>
>>332450541
Get that NES game.
>>
File: Gitaroo_man.jpg (32 KB, 481x529) Image search: [Google]
Gitaroo_man.jpg
32 KB, 481x529
>>332450880
You take that back and don't you DARE post in one of my threads again.
>>
File: Taiko_Gif_2_by_MaKalucario.gif (4 KB, 228x238) Image search: [Google]
Taiko_Gif_2_by_MaKalucario.gif
4 KB, 228x238
>>332451125
Make me, homo.
>>
>>332451264
I WILL SHAG YOUR DAD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMAkr_Z74E8
>>
>>332451264

Fuck, wrong one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqL0kMdXbbU
>>
Because I bought a cheap guitar to try it out, and the strings make my fingers hurt, it sounds like shit, and it's way too heavy.

If I was going to get back into it, I'd build my own fucking guitar or something. Why are instruments so expensive for so little?
>>
>>332451505
I got my Epiphone SG copy for £99 years ago after playing for a while on a horrible "beginners guitar". Just read into what guitar you're buying for a decent tone. And your fingers'll stop hurting after a couple of weeks, they'll be rock solid but they won't hurt.
>>
>>332451813
The main problem is that I'm a lefty, so I'm already shit out of luck on ever finding a decent deal on a real quitar.

Plus, I'm kind of enamoured with Gittlers after owning a heavy piece of shit.
>>
>>332452349
Jury rig the fucker and string it back to front. There should be some guides online on how to fine tune your intonation. What kinda music do you want to play?
>>
File: 1330043159374.jpg (338 KB, 598x800) Image search: [Google]
1330043159374.jpg
338 KB, 598x800
>>332449472
As someone who's been playing guitar for like 10 years, the game is fun but infuriating.

What drives me nuts is the fact that you can't swap the game view into tabs.

If I could play the game with all the song's notes shown like in guitar pro I'd play it a lot more. Instead I just end up playing songs through guitar rig while I sightread the tab.

Learning desolate motion or whatever the unlockable song is was a chore even with the riff repeater when compared to just reading a tab.
>>
>>332452753
Completely agree with you there, the notation of the game is difficult to follow and since I haven't played properly for a couple of years simultaneously reading purple 15 and quickly remembering the fastest route to that fret is more difficult than I'd like to admit.

It's got me back into playing guitar big style though. I think the biggest difficulty for me was leaving my ego at the door, I'm not as good as I used to be or even as good as I thought I was. It's quite hard unlearning old bad habits.
>>
>>332451505
I have a similar issue. I bought a Yamaha Pacific 012, the neck is too narrow so the strings are too damn close together for my fingers to touch one without touching the adjacent ones as well, the action was too damn high and the intonation is out as well. It's a pain in the ass to play and I refuse to buy another guitar.
>>
>>332449472
Got sick of the tiny song choice and the fucking dumb tunings like fuck nigga I'm not tuning down by a couple of hertz for one song
>>
>>332452349
Just play it like right handers would, it's piss easy.
>>
>>332453993
And get callouses all over my good hand?
>>
I want to play it but it does not support my external sound adapter, instead they want me to buy their stupid cable. Well, fuck you. Using cable + internal sound card sounds worse and has higher latency than my shit.
>>
>>332454498
Well unless you're willing to part with more money then yes. The only part of my hand that got changed was the fingertips anyway.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.