[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I tried downloading Dolphin to play Zelda Collectors Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: dolphinlogo.png (34 KB, 405x171) Image search: [Google]
dolphinlogo.png
34 KB, 405x171
So I tried downloading Dolphin to play Zelda Collectors Edition but for some reason it has slowdown issues without me even tampering with the settings. Can /v/ tell me the problem here?

Specs needed
OS- Windows 8.1
CPU- Intel Core i7-3630QM @ 2.4GHz
GPU- NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M

Computer Specs
OS- Windows 8.1
CPU- Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.60GHz
GPU- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

What's the deal??
>>
>>332445492
you have a laptop
>>
>>332445802
Are you shitting with me or is that the literal reason and if so how?
>>
>Laptop

Poorfag gtfo.
>>
I can play games on Dolphin no problem and I have a fucking Macbook from 2012.
>>
>>332445492
Why are you trying to play the collectors edition when you can play OOT, Windwaker on n64 emulators, and zelda 1/2 on NES emulators?

>>332446038
>laptop
>poorfag
he's not poor having a gaming laptop he's just retarded
>>
>>332446242
What about Metroid Prime? About the first question blame nostalgia.
>>
>>332445492
>CPU- Intel Core i7-3630QM @ 2.4GHz
> @ 2.4GHz

yea no. You ain't going to be playing any sort of game on Dolphin with those specs. Hell I doubt you can play a good chunk of moder games on that.
>>
>>332446469
I never really tried prime on my pc, I'd just download it and try to play it. If it works then great if not try some tweaks from the dolphin wiki. All the tweaks are per game.
>>
>>332447349
2.60 my bad.
>>
>>332447349
That's not mine that is what is required dumbass.
>>
>>332445492
You have a better shot googling shit. Dolphin often needs to be tweaked to optimize it. If that doesn't work then play with the settings. I remember there is a guide to optimize it. Also, make sure you plug in your laptop and make sure your computer can run full speed.
>>
File: 1458146354049.png (168 KB, 414x433) Image search: [Google]
1458146354049.png
168 KB, 414x433
>Zelda Collector's Edition
>Zelda 1, 2, OoT and Majora's Mask
Why not just download an NES emulator and an N64 emulator if you're gonna play NES and N64 games?
>>
>>332445492
I'm going to guess that emulating a game that emulates its games might be the reason. Then again, what do I know?

If you're emulating for performance, just get the original games on their respective emulators.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.