[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: Hitman-Logo-640x360.jpg (17 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Hitman-Logo-640x360.jpg
17 KB, 640x360
>just 3 days until Episode 2: Italy

GET HYYYYPPPPEEEDDD
>>
Nah, man. Nah.
>>
Proofs?
>>
>paying for episodes for a bald cunt simulator
>>
>Implying
It's gonna be released in Late April and then get delayed to Late May because this is an episodic game

Anyone else played the two new escalations yet? I just finally managed to beat the first one in a five star way. It was a fucking bitch of a mission. I loved it.
>>
>>332444682
you got the sauce of your claim?
>>
It any good?
>>
>>332445663
Yeah, it's an excellent Hitman game that happens to have Denuvo, a pseudo-always-online-but-not-really-kinda and a shitty episodic format.

For the actual gameplay and level design, though, it's as good as you'd want it to be, definitely on the top tier of Hitman levels. Shame there's only three so far. (Two, really)
>>
>denuvo
good to keep away the poorfags who can't afford a 15$ video game
>always online
there is offline content, just not as much as online and they have different progresses
>episodic
it is good in this case because it gives you time to extract as much juice out of the game as possible
>>
I imagine the new hitman level will come out mid April.
>>
>>332446413
I don't care that much about Denuvo or Episodic content, that shit is fine by me, but Always Online is fucking indefensible.

Yeah, you can technically play it offline, but you can't even wield a fucking a sniper rifle while doing it. It's ridiculous. That's bullshit and you know it. No good excuse for that one. Let us unlock our items and level mastery and tie that to the offline system as well, if nothing else.
>>
>>332444682
>supporting this bullshit

You're what's wrong with the gaming industry
>>
>>332446413
>there is offline content, just not as much as online and they have different progresses
There is no offline progress.
>>
File: 1454949665540.jpg (57 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1454949665540.jpg
57 KB, 1024x683
Things they need to add

>Human shields
>Briefcase
>Dual wield pistols

I hope there are 2 new levels though, 10 pound for one level is a fucking stretch
>>
I really really want to play it but fuck off. This episodic system is bullshit and I'm not supporting it. When the whole game is 10 dollars I'll get it
>>
>>332448876
Please, you would've paid $10 at most even if it wasn't episodic and you know it.

>>332448187
The price is fine because there is a lot to do, but a month between levels is too long.
>>
>>332448876
>implying the game won't be released at full price in 2017
>>
>>332445495
which ones? they are all pretty easy
>>
>>332449004
>the price is fine because there is a lot to do, but a month between levels is too long

it wouldn't feel that long if they had an actual schedule
>>
>>332449004
I actually paid full price for Absolution and I don't regret it even if it was no BM. With this new game, if it was complete from the beginning I would even consider paying full price. But no, not for this.
>>
>>332449362
funny thing is that this new hitman's paris level is bigger than any level present in absolution

I don't agree with their always online practice, but I am not really bothered by them releasing it in episodes
>>
>>332449612
But notice how you said bigger than any level, not bigger than absolution as a whole or anything similar.
Paris must be great but what if I like it and want more? Then in some months time I have to "re-learn" how the game works to enjoy the next level? Because I prefer to play a game as much as I can/want and then more r less forget about it
>>
>>332444682
Can't wait for some more server disconnects

On a side note I just got this a few days ago

Love the size of the maps and the sheer amount of options, the amount of voice work and art that went into it is pretty amazing

My major gripe is that everything feels a bit samey - every level is littered with the same wrench, crowbar, screwdriver and obligatory axes but really you're always best off just subduing people with your bare hands, they could have done a bit more to favour using other items I feel.

Additionally majority of the items you never need to bring with you - I like how blood money truly had plus sides and negatives to all the items, but on this you never need to bring the coin with you because throwing weapons does the same thing and the level is littered with coins.
Also there is no point ever to use the fibre wire or the sedatives other than getting the challenges for using it - it is far more effective just to subdue or shoot people

Also I don't like how you now get penalised for accidental deaths because you don't hide the body

Also why did they get rid of the human shield? It was present in the alpha

I think the game would actually be improved by removing the whole easy subdue by getting behind someone and replace it with a blood money type human shield (except without the ability to knock them out easy). Right now I find it way way too easy to get the top ratings just by throwing shit and then subduing people when their back turns and dumping them in the thousands of closets.
>>
I do hope the later levels have some over the top types to assassinate in unconventional settings, like the meat king.
>>
>>332449958
I understand your point, even though absolution was a terrible hitman game with small levels it was released as a whole

this new hitman title shows big promise, if you put aside the always online factor, I can see this game being bigger than the entirety of absolution with 3 full episodes released

also, did you watch the sapienza trailer? that place looks even bigger than the paris level
>>
>>332449181
The one that happens in the Yacht cruise was hard as balls for me.

Bear in mind that I try to get 5 ICA Symbols at all times (All requirements met, no penalties)
>>
>>332450220
>but on this you never need to bring the coin with you because throwing weapons does the same thing and the level is littered with coins.
Dude, what? No.

Coins are like the must-bring of the game. They can get you out of any spot if you're good enough. There's no point in going around looking for blunt weapons to throw around, they raise much more suspicion if you're seen throwing them. Whereas coins you're usually good.
>>
>>332450679
You don't need to bring coins because every level has them littered about

The Paris one has something like 10 around the map
>>
>>332450923
you can always not pick the coins and find them around the map instead
>>
>>332450679
Also with blunt weapons you don't really need to actively look for them, there are so many all over the place

All you need to do is crouch behind a wall or something and literally throw it on the ground

You will always get someone to walk straight at you and you can either pull off the subdue around a corner animation or just keep on throwing weapons to your feet until you get them in a good spot to walk around and subdue behind them
>>
Im getting more and more salty about the fact that finishing the damn escalation missions wont give me the feat because they cant seem to fix their network.

Great game tho, have gotten 25+ hours of it and its only 1 episode in.
>>
I find it quite odd they don't give you 47s iconic folding sniper on the paris level, I'm assuming it will be an unlock later in the game but using the agencies shitty 5-shot-kill plastic toy rifle just didn't feel as sophisticated
>>
What random shit have you done that worked?
>>
>>332446413
>good to keep away the poorfags who can't afford a 15$ video game
I'm not autistic enough to care.

>there is offline content, just not as much as online and they have different progresses
Which is completely retarded.

>it is good in this case because it gives you time to extract as much juice out of the game as possible
Nice bullshit reasoning, dog.
>>
What are the 'canon' assassinations in the Paris mission?
Kill the guy after the meeting with the spy and poison his wife's wine?
>>
>>332453965
Throw Victor out the river after he's done negotiating with the dude
Kill Dalia with a headshot while she's on the phone asking who Mr Reaper is.
>>
>>332449958
If the other maps are like Paris, "re-learning" will be worth it, I've played it more than most full games. And I've been doing escalations and random stuff like axe runs so I haven't forgotten how to play.
>>
File: 1.png (722 KB, 887x549) Image search: [Google]
1.png
722 KB, 887x549
>>332453965
Anything that gives you silent assassin rating.
>>
How do you get the art dealer's white suit to meet with the mark in the yacht mission?
Without murdering anybody that is.
>>
>episodic games
>>
>>332456220
Throw coins and choke him out in a secluded spot.
>>
File: jim2.png (152 KB, 438x420) Image search: [Google]
jim2.png
152 KB, 438x420
Tbqh I don't know if shills really exist like /v/ tinfoil hats say they do or if people are posting here ironically for bait and laughs or if they're just that stupid to buy this game.

It really bugs me man, worst part is that I'll probably never get the answer.
>>
>>332456220
Poison the glass he drinks in the bar in the first floor of the ship, he'll go to a bathroom to puke, there you can knock him out.
>>
>>332455706
>No Newspapers in the new one

I really wanted them, they were a nice touch
>>
the episodic structure for this game actually kinda works. the levels are pretty big and have tons of ways to replay them. had the full game come out I would have just beaten each level once and that would be it.

I honestly kinda wish MGSV did this, because the same thing happened with Ground Zeroes. I played GZ over and over again and mastered each of the missions trying to do them different ways, then TPP comes out and I haven't replayed a single mission.
>>
>>332458667
My only gripe is that they're taking one month between each episode. Revelations 2 was smart enough to release one episode a week. One month is way too much.
>>
>>332458667
>offering less is good because, since I have no choice in what to play, i'll play this over and over again
Are you retarded?
Just replay the missions on your own, you are autistic if you need to be prevented from playing newer missions to replay old ones.
>>
Told you guys 4GB of VRAM was needed to rival consoles. Doesn't matter if it's just because the game is "badly optimized". In order to get the console-level texture, you need way more VRAM than most low-medium end cards. Even the 280X doesn't have enough.
>>
>just 277 days until the game leaves early access
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.