[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the difference?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: 1451057589156.png (114 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
1451057589156.png
114 KB, 660x330
What's the difference?
>>
One of them is "quirky".
>>
>WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS WHAT I'M GOING TO DO

vs

>Do you like hurting people?

That and Hotline Miami was actually good
>>
>>332423097
>edgy violent game
>funny violent game

People just don't like edginess.
>>
Hotline miami was more fun, had better music, subjectively looked better, and had a more interesting gameplay mechanic with the masks
>>
>hate everyone, kill everyone
and
>revenge fueled massacre that's actually manipulated by a group that wants to start a war
they both end with nukes tho, the ultimate murder
>>
>>332423097
One have an awesome soundtrack.
>>
Hotline appeals to hipster retards and they can defend it by saying it has a non-violent message
>>
Tone
>>
Hatred was -marketed- as "kill innocent people: the game".

Hotline Miami wasn't. Additionally, in Hotline Miami, there's one level where you have the -option- to kill innocent people, and one level where you kill cops who have the ability to defend themselves. The rest are criminals.
>>
You're being forced to murder armed gangsters against your will (to a degree, I think Jacket enjoys it some).

Hatred is literally just about shooting everyone because why the fuck not
>>
>>332423474
>The rest are criminals.
So, I can go just shoot up some 'criminals' and no one will mind?
>>
Hatred was edgy for the sake of being edgy. It advertised just killing civilians because you're fed up with the world
Jacket's motivations were mostly unknown when the game came out and he was killing mobsters instead of civilians. He also shows some kind of remorse at first, he throws up after killing the homeless man
>>
SJWs randomly pick and choose which games they go after. I can imagine an alternate timeline where Hatred goes unnoticed, but Hotline Miami gets called "misogynistic" (they could find a way to spin it like that), people would say that it will lead to violence in real life and strawman that the devs are advocating that sort of behavior by having it in the game, etc.
>>
>>332423583
Thats what I do and people wont care as much but the police still come knocking
>>
>>332423583
happens all the time in drug wars
>>
>>332423583
Who deserves getting killed more? An innocent pedestrian or a Russian mobster with a fucking AK in his hands?
>>
>>332423583
no, but some people would probably defend you. it's not a matter of legality, it's a matter of morals.
>>
>>332423470
HM only message was players liking violence in games retard.
>>
>>332423097
Themes aside, one had tight gameplay, the other played like shit.
>>
One was fun
>>
>>332423719
You for being a racist shitlord who hates the second amendment.
>>
>>332423289
>subjectively looked better
I like the style of it, but the pixels are fucking awful. I can't speak for Hatred though.
>>
>>332423470
No one ever says Hotline Miami has a "non-violent" message.
>>332423614
They did. That's why you have the option to skip the rape the rape sequence in Hotline Miami 2 and it gives half a dozen disclaimers and trigger warnings before it happens.

You guys just make shit up as you go along.
>>
>>332423097
>Killing is fun, I will kill for fun, everyone deserves to die because I'm mad and dark 666
vs
>Do you like hurting people? Killing isn't fun or good man, don't fucking kill people even though this is a game about that, you fuckwit. fuck me everything is worse now
The worst part is there are actually people who will think the argument is equal.
>>
you mean

>shooting humans
>shooting russians
>>
File: 1457267904126.gif (945 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1457267904126.gif
945 KB, 250x236
>>332423470
>it has a non-violent message
>>
>>332424050
>racist shitlord
>hates the second amendment

pick one and only one
>>
>>332424251
Kek'd
>>
>>332423097
>Shit game

>Good game

Wow so hard.
>>
>>332423583
yep
>>
File: Hotline Miami.png (782 KB, 490x1015) Image search: [Google]
Hotline Miami.png
782 KB, 490x1015
>Shooting Humans
Can't we just compare Hatred to every FPS with humans using the same argument?
What's the difference between Hatred and Spec Ops? You're shooting humans they're the same thing
>>
one has a groovy sountrack
>>
>>332423198
>hotline miami
>quirky

You seem to have fallen for a meme.

Both games have a very different appeal, the only thing they have in common is killing people and the reasoning and justification of killing people, which are close to none, in both games.
>>
>>332424135
>No one ever says Hotline Miami has a "non-violent" message.
I don't think it has some sort of non-violent message either, but I've seen people argue that it does.
>They did. That's why you have the option to skip the rape the rape sequence in Hotline Miami 2 and it gives half a dozen disclaimers and trigger warnings before it happens.
SJWs didn't attack the game, it went unnoticed, proving that the games they go after are completely arbitrary and randomly decided. Are you really trying to say Hatred and Hotline Miami were attacked by SJWs on the same level? Hotline Miami might have gotten 2 or 3 neogaf shitposts, meanwhile Hatred got taken off of Steam for a while.
>You guys just make shit up as you go along.
Like you have some kind of great argument
>>
>>332423097
One is good and has style and the other one is shit.
>>
>>332425102
>SJWs didn't attack the game,
yes they did
they got fucking pissed at the pax demo for the rape scene
thats why the trigger warning was at the beginning of the game in the first place
and people thought it was hilarious given the rest of the game's content
>>
>>332425102
SJWs ripped into Hotline Miami 2 after pax
>>
>>332423097
Colour
>>
>>332423097
One has good gameplay.
The other is made by slavshit edgelords who shillpost on /v/.
>>
>>332423097
Presentation.
>>
>>332423097
The one on the right was really good. One on left was mediocre.

One on the right had a great story. One on the left was an edgy version of getting bored in GTA.

There is literally nothing wrong with a game about murdering for the sake of murder or because you are a serial killer. The game was just shit.
>>
>>332426285
>>One on the right had a great story
>Hotline Miami had a """""""""great""""""""" story

Hotline Miami fans lol
>>
>>332423097
One was notimportant

The other one had a great soundtrack
>>
>>332426430
When trying to call somebody out for something it usually helps to not type like a retard while you do it.

>lol

:^)
>>
>>332423097
color palete and dimension.
>>
>>332423097
I havent played Shooting Humans Hatreo but looks like a Doom rip-off
>>
>>332423097
Fuck all, just one was noticed and attacked, even by developers who should be all for artistic freedom. Disgusting behaviour all round. Though i guess there is a difference in that one is ass the other is not.
>>
One is just edgy the other is edgy and fun
>>
File: hatred cad.jpg (93 KB, 625x967) Image search: [Google]
hatred cad.jpg
93 KB, 625x967
Because Hotline Miami uses satire and controversial means to show a negative thing in society.

>this is what people believe

Pic related. Broken clocks are right twice a day.
>>
>>332427824
LOL
>>
>>332427824
>imploding that comic isn't spot-on
>>
>>332423470
>non-violent message
I tought the message was that there is no point in justifying violence, and that violence is fun
>>
>>332423097
Style
>>
>>332423097
Hotline miami gave me a seizure
>>
>>332427314
Yeah absolutely disgusting how a game designed to drum up controversy was met with controversy.
>>
>>332428363
So if that's the case, then why do they get so mad about Hatred? I enjoy both Hatred and Hotline Miami.
>>
>>332428574
Hotline is a good game, hatred was built with the only pourpouse of being as edgy as possible
>>
>>332428730
>Hotline is a good game

Hotline 1 is a good game. Hotline 2 is shit and worse in everyway than Hatred.
>>
>>332428574
HM1 came out of fucking nowhere (relatively) and was universally liked, by the time anyone had a chance to get offended the game had already racked up a bunch of critical acclaim and was basically untouchable.
Hatred had a huge marketing campaign built around being as edgy as possible and generally drumming up controversy, and it didn't even look particularly good as a game.
>>
Hotline Miami is pixelated and has color and better music. They are both garbage tho
>>
>What's the difference?

It's not important
>>
File: 1387254371809.png (45 KB, 259x300) Image search: [Google]
1387254371809.png
45 KB, 259x300
>m-muh feelings

That's the only difference.
>>
Hotline Miami is fun.

Hatred came out at the perfect time to utilize the newly simplified steam refunding system.
>>
>>332427824
Huh?
That was actually pretty good!
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.