[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain why should I get controller for pc?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: ZyekoOk.png (379 KB, 738x417) Image search: [Google]
ZyekoOk.png
379 KB, 738x417
explain why should I get controller for pc?
>>
>>332421873
are you seriously contemplating play DARK FUCKING SOULS with a mouse and keyboard?
>>
>>332421873
Because a ton of games are literally made for console controls and control infinitely betters with controllers.
Like try doing directional inputs in street fighter with KB+M and realize how fucking stupid it feels
>>
You don't have to, but it certainly makes certain types of games easier for me.
>>
You might find it more comfortable. I do.
>>
>>332422563
I did this when I started playing dark souls I, now I have a controller and I prefer the keyboard by far.

Also you have more control with the keyboard, for example you can easily control the camera while you run, with a controller you canĀ“t
>>
get a xbox 360 controller for windows wired controller
>>
i got a controller initially for GTA and NBA 2k. but then i never played GTA and i prefer keyboard for 2k because play calling is actually easier on a keyboard.
so the only game i ever use the controller for is Dark Souls now.

the steam controller is worth it if you get it bundled with DS3, but stand alone you're better off getting an XBOX controller for familiarity unless you actually plan on playing your PC games from a couch or bed, the stream controller is mostly a niche.
>>
>>332422563
Not him but
no, obviously going with KB + M.
Hope they don't fuck it up like with DaS2 where I needed workarounds to get the old controls back.
>>
just get a fucking 360 controller. it's the best one for pc gaming.
>>
>>332421873
What's a good controller for PC?
Is xbox really best?
>>
>>332423445
Unless you want to use dpad
>>
Xbox One controller is easily the best for PC
Get an elite if you have the money to burn, it's great
360 is good too, but bone is a lot better
Controllers are just good for some games, you need them for emulators, racing games, and other shit
>>
>>332423512
Xbone or PS4 really. Some people also like the Wii U Pro controller.
>>
>>332423512
how old are you?
>thinking something can be the "best" when it's a subjective matter
a controller is a controller bro. it's either comfortable or it isn't, it's not a race car.
>>
have you ever used a controller? do you know if you like it versus a mouse and keyboard? you should try one first and see if you like it before buying one.

though, personally, i think the controller is the best way to play the das series. you may differ though. i know some friends who are just fine with the k+m.
>>
>>332421873
So we have one less thread about some faggot whining about a console port not having perfect mouse and keyboard support.
>>
>>332423839
Are you stupid?
When someone asks "what is the best x" they are asking for people's opinion on what THEY think is the best. No shit, in something subjective you can technically consider the WORST the best but getting feedback helps narrow down options you fucking moron.

Why the fuck did I even have to explain something so fucking obvious. Fuck you.
>>
File: katia with snibeti.png (8 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
katia with snibeti.png
8 KB, 600x450
The advantage of a PC is that you can use whatever controller best suits the game instead of being stuck with the same controller like consolebros. These 3rd person action games are generally designed with two analogue sticks in mind.
>>
>just pre-ordered Dark Souls 3 and bought a 360 controller
>had no idea there was a steam controller bundle

FUG should I refund it and do it over??

also I use a 360 arcade stick for fighting games. Will I have issues where one controller will get stuck on player 1 and the other player 2 and be useless? If that happens I'll freak
>>
>>332422893
And then you get a Steam Controller and look at keyboard and dark souls in the same sentence with disgust.
>>
File: kot blini.jpg (177 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
kot blini.jpg
177 KB, 1124x1024
>>332421873
Controllers are simply better for some games. While for other types of games KBnM will be better. It's not difficult to understand.
>>
>>332422563
Not him but I played 400 hours of Dark Souls with mouse and keyboard, so I'm kind of partial to that
>>
>>332424518
I suggest you go do that.
>>
>>332424518
The steam controller is hot garbage. Go with 360 or DS4
>>
>>332421873
I use a controller for some games, Dark Souls comes ofcourse to mind, the MGS Raiden game. Only race game i have is Dirty rally and i don't play fighting games. Also I played ASScreed black fag with it because you can just hang back and play in a more relaxed position while listenan to sailer tunes.
>>
>>332425010
have you used the steam controller? Is it better for PC than xbox controller?

>>332425143
what's wrong with it?

I just know that microsoft is retarded and my arcade stick has already gotten stuck on player 2 or 3 and become useless until I reboot. I am sure they are too retarded to get two controllers working on PC.
>>
>>332423512
XBox 360 controller with an Evil Dpad mod is a pretty good choice. Dual Shock 4 is another as are Logitech's controllers which a similar style and have compatibility for xinput (XBox 360 style) and Directinput (ye olde school method).
>>
>>332422563
yeah I did that, and it was alright.

Problem? Not even trolling, I found zero issues and beat it without ever picking up a controller, and I had the option to as well.
>>
>>332424518
steam controller is a glorified laptop touchpad
>>
>>332422773
Can you explain what you mean by directional inputs? do you mean diagonals? I've always been playing SF with keyboard and mouse and found that I input way faster because I use more than just my thumbs, which is what you're forced to do on a controller.

I also have no idea how people prefer analog for fighting games, but I guess I'm just not used to it.
>>
>>332422773
>street fighter
>made for console controls

you mean arcade sticks. But I'd probably buy a fightpad if I could do it over
>>
>>332425813
Sorry, mouse was not needed there. Habit, of course you use only the keyboard to play street fighter.
>>
also btw I just checked and the steam controller discount still applies if you already pre-ordered dark souls 3
>>
>>332422893
>what is claw grip
>>
Because it's better for many type of games like Action, Platformers, Beat Em Up, Racers, and ect.

PC is strong because it can use controllers. You have a choice. You can choose what you want.

Controllers are great.
>>
>>332423512
I would go with Xbox One controller. Much better than the Xbox 360 for the Dpad alone.
>>
>>332425663
Did you even try using a controller, cause its an insane leap in comfortability
>>
File: Fl7Fp[1].jpg (511 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
Fl7Fp[1].jpg
511 KB, 2592x1936
>>332425292
My opinion is that it is a lot more versatile than a 360 controller. The fact that it has trackpads allows for mouselike movement on a variety of occasion as well as joystick emulation. Remapability allow you to map the b button on the back buttons thus not killing your hand with pic related.

If you want a perfectly objective review of it, then watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUowjOEpr54
>>
>>332427056
Also skip the part he tells you to skip, It's unrelated to the topic.
>>
You just explained why in the image
>>
>>332426954
>Comfortability
This guys >>332427056 image tells you all about why it's not comfortable
>>
>>332421873
Legit doesn't matter for DS given it controls like The Witcher anyway.
If you're talking in general, though, Devil May Cry is reason enough to own a controller.
>>
>>332427056
thanks for the video anon but it's 18 minutes long. Do you mind showing me where he addresses that particular issue?
>>
>>332426954
Yes I did. I found even less control because I was using thumbs and alternating between camera and movement (which is killer in a game with occasional shitty camera angles).

I don't find the claw grip comfortable at all.

I think the only game I've preferred using the controller was super meat boy, mostly because of precise analog control.
>>
>>332427673
He did not address that issue in his video, it was my own opinion. I pasted that video because it's been the most truthful review so far. He talks about the facts that make it superior to current normal controllers as well as the issues that it has. It's the best review there is to make up your mind on whether to buy it.

Here's a shorter video made by the same guy where he talks about dark souls with the steam controller. I have personally watched this video yet
>>
>>332428168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzl30LLvd98 fuck
>>
>>332421873
For Dark Souls, and for emulation. That's really it.
>>
>>332427673
>>332428168
I watched that video and he does address the claw grip.
>>
>>332427056
can you map buttons to the touchpads, like in quadrants?
>>
I played it with both.
They're both fine to use. I recently bought a DS4 control to play fighting games with so I'll be using it for Dark Souls 3, but if the default KB+m is cool then I'll use that occasionally.

Also you gaurantee headshots with arrows
>>
>>332428513
yes
>>
>>332428513
Yes. There is a possibility to map the button so that there is distinct direction that it changes direction immediately when your thumb moves from 1 quadrant to another or there can be overlap. There is also a mode that allows you to have a touch menu for keybinds that are not often used.
http://store.steampowered.com/controller/update/dec15 Seen in the fifth panel here
>>
>>332425143
>>332425768
It's actually pretty good tho. Works very well for games like souls and dogma.
>>
>>332429896
I feel like people who bought the steam controller didn't even give it a chance. Like the first game they tested it on is an fps and didn't even try to config it.
>>
>>332430907
There's a distinct learning curve to it. I takes time to learn all the neat little things it has to offer.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.