[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /v/'s opinion on this game? Is it as good as dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (43 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
43 KB, 460x215
What is /v/'s opinion on this game? Is it as good as dark souls?

Just got it for free on xbone wondering if it's worth a playthrough
>>
Well if you got it for free, why wouldn't you just try it out?
>>
>>332417043
I too don't know why someone would want /v/'s opinion on something.

I haven't played it OP but it's shit.
>>
>>332417043
It's still downloading
>>
>>332416948
its a very very slow and clunky dark souls.
>>
>>332417043
Save him wasting time in downloading it.
>>
>>332416948

It's the definition of "alright". It's not a bad game, but it's not that great either. Especially the beginning is quite entertaining, but when you progress, it gets boring real quick. The challenge kinda dissapears and there's not enough variation to keep it interesting.
>>
>>332416948
it's ok.
don't go in expecting it to be as good as Dark Souls. you'll just be disappointed.
>>
So tell me /v/ which is worse DS2 or LotF?
http://strawpoll.me/7219173
>>
>>332416948
Basic gameplay is alright, everything else (music, artstyle, level design, enemy design) is completely uninspired garbage.

Not worth playing
>>
Feels like playing DaS while walking through a field of molasses.
Modern Blizzard tier garbage art design with xboxhueg pauldrons.
Diminishing returns on the bad guys because of said art direction. When the first couple guys you face are giant armored knights with spikes everywhere that are also on fire it doesn't really impact you when every enemy from there on is the same fucking thing with minor deviations.
Pointless barebones dialogue trees that probably exist just to distinguish itself from Dark Souls story telling.
Perfect timing on your attacks is a cool idea because it discourages mashing the attack button.
Lack of a parry hurts the game. Still just as easy to cheese with backstabs so you might as well add in parrying too.
Diablo style rarity system for gear, which is fucking pointless for a single player game with no random loot.
"Lore scrolls". Lore scrolls. C'mon now.
>>
It's alright. Pretty short though and lacks in variety of design.
>>
>>332418154
>Feels like playing DaS while walking through a field of molasses.
So Dark Souls?
>>
>>332418369
No.
You take Dark Souls slowness and fucking quadruple down for this game.
At least in DaS there was the option to go fast if you were sub 25% inv weight
>>
Not too bad, but the main character's voice annoys me. Also the bosses are pretty shitty, without much challenge other than spawning minions after hitting them a few times.
>>
>>332416948

It's better than dark souls because there are lords that came from dudes that were fallen, there aren't even Dark souls in dark souls, the souls are actually bery bright but the lords truly come from fallen which is a huge plus.
>>
>>332418550
>No.
>You take Dark Souls slowness and fucking quadruple down for this game.
So Dark Souls?
>>
>>332416948
It's trash.
>>
Much better combat than Dark Souls

Bosses are about as good

Worse everything else
>>
>>332418940
You didn't think the black humanity sprites were a little dimmer than the other souls?
>>
>>332416948
Like 90% of modern games it's just not worth it. It's a game that after playing for about 3 hours you just keep wishing it would be over already. Combat tries to be like in Souls games, but besides that there is nothing worth mentioning. In my opinion mediocre games are the worst. You can have fun with bad and good games, but average game is something that you will forget in a month and never remember.
>>
>>332418945
Mathematically speaking, you're being fucking dumb right now.
I know you're being facetious, but if you think Dark Souls is slow play this and tell me it's not infinitely slower.
>>
File: lords of the fallen.png (585 KB, 632x1552) Image search: [Google]
lords of the fallen.png
585 KB, 632x1552
>>332416948
>>
>>332419827
>pretty okay game
Jesus, even shills couldn't praise this game.
>>
>>332419206

Please, son. I assure you I know what I am talking about.
>>
>>332417680
>voting for DS2
Are you fucking faggots serious?
>>
It crashed when I was on my way to the chamber of lies and I never went back
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.