[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>At a high level, we wanted to force you to make interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: Capture.png (46 KB, 754x471) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
46 KB, 754x471
>At a high level, we wanted to force you to make interesting choices. We did that by bringing more contrasting motivations to Fallout 4 using the type of circular systems you might find in a game like Dark Souls. (By which we mean, two or more systems that push against each other.)

HOLY SHIT /V/ BETHESDA ARE GODS
>>
Yep, gods at making the same game over and over while still being incapable of improving their skills as developers.
>>
>two or more systems that push against each other
Like what?
>>
>>332410804
So wtf is it?
>>
>>332410804
>GODS
what's with neogaf and the obcession to call mere companies "gods" to validate their money spending? Why do your limited brain actually literally believe passing bad money management as sacred rituals makes it better?
>>
>>332410804
Great, more pointless busywork is exactly what the game needs.
>>
File: 1456922435890.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1456922435890.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
>beta
>for a mode that was already in the game and translated into enemies do more damage and you do more damage
>but we like changed it and stuff!
>>
>>332410804
Unless they fix the retard factions, i don't see any improvement.
>i want to be able to bring peace everywhere or enforce it
>i want to be able to question each faction on their retarded motives, turn them
>i want a better ending

>get survival
Fuck you.
>>
>>332410804
>receive more damage and deal less
Wow amazing. cant way to play bullet sponge mode. Game is so hard now.
>>
File: kill la kill trrigerr.jpg (7 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
kill la kill trrigerr.jpg
7 KB, 218x231
>>332410804
>game like Dark Souls
>>
>>332411101
they are not surprisingly regressing

that's what happens when you have same staff since 2006
no competition infighting - no improvement
>>
>>332412154
>>receive more damage and deal less
They say literally the opposite of that.
>>
>>332412832
>deal more damage and receive less
Woooow
>>
The systems sound good, honestly. Much better than Obsidian's halfassed Hardcore mode.
>>
>>332411443
>do missions for one faction
>reputation integer increases
>do missions for other faction
>reputation integer decreases
that's probably the extent of bethesda's capacity to implement these "opposing systems"
>>
That says nothing, what are the exact features of hardcore mode in F4?
>>
>>332413179
Try going to the article the OP is referencing. It's in the Bethesda site.
>>
>>332413341
No.
>>
My only complaint is that even in hardcore mode, companions don't die but they "return home".

Even your Automatron robots.

Also, how does the Hunger Thirst Sleep management work? I know bethesda is lazy, but they didn't do the utterly uncreative shit Obsidian did, right?
>>
>>332413656
>I know bethesda is lazy, but they didn't do the utterly uncreative shit Obsidian did, right?
pretty obvious it'll be handled the same way
>>
>>332413769
I'm holding out hope they won't.

Bah, even if they do at least it'll be an easy mod to make.
DO chems and alcohol have visual effects in the base game? Probably not.
>>
>>332410804
>using the type of circular systems you might find in a game like Dark Souls.

What? There's no opposing factions in Dark Souls.
>>
>>332413890
they're just spouting buzzwords that have no real meaning.
>>
>>332413890
Put points into reading comprehension.

That said, I don't know which systems they might be referring to. Would be interesting if they elaborated.
>>
>>332410804
they could add all the modes in the world and it wouldn't fix the shitty plot and recycled quests

radiant quests are shit, they literally added them as filler to make the game seem bigger than it is

BUT HOLD THAT THOUGHT

ANOTHER SETTLEMENT NEEDS YOUR HELP
>>
>>332410804
>survival mode beta

>BETA OF A PATCH

COME THE FUCK ON I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THIS FUTURE ANYMORE
>>
>>332414192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1yj4N1fNx0
>>
>>332410804
wake me up
>>
>>332413172
Something Obsidian did in New Vegas six fucking years ago. On a fucking spaghetti-code build of a shit engine
>>
>>332414192
Radiant quests wouldn't be so bad if there were plenty of normal quests like in Skyrim, but fallout 4 is almost entirely fucking radiant quests.
>>
>>332414476
It's still the same engine
>>
>>332414606
It's blatantly not, epic memes aside. Whether or not they're still using the same base foundation, FO4 obviously runs a million fucking times better than what Obsidian was forced to use for NV.

don't ever play new vegas on ps3 jesus christ, i don't know how they were even allowed to sell that mess
>>
>>332410804
it is quite telling that the most complex RPG they dare compare themselves to is DS(not an RPG, also, basically no choices).
>>
>>332414813
It's Gamebryo with a new coat of paint and some updated mechanics under the hood.

In the right hands, it can do amazing things, but this is Bethesda we're talking about.
>>
>>332413890
namedropping to appear relevant
instead of producing interesting game systems, they use marketing to make it appear like they do
>>
>>332412905
>deal more damage and receive more damage
does no one here read shit
>>
i'm not believing a word bethesda says until they show something concrete. remember when todd said fallout 4 would have no loading screens?
>>
>>332412905
Nigger are you literally incapable of reading a simple sentence.
>>
>>332415919
He said literally the opposite of receiving more and dealing less
>>
>>332410804
>Manual and quicksaving are disabled. To save your game, you'll need to find a bed and sleep for at least an hour.
>>
>>332416004
Touche.

But seriously, they did the damage right.
>>
>>332416096
Savescummers BTFO.
>>
>circular systems
>two or more systems pushing against each other
>just like dark souls
are these people legitimately retarded?
>>
>>332416214
fallout4.exe stopped working
>>
File: todd.jpg (209 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
209 KB, 1500x1125
>>
>>332416096
that sounds like an assload of fuck.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.