[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ hate Trop[es VS women in gaming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: well shit.png (82 KB, 331x251) Image search: [Google]
well shit.png
82 KB, 331x251
I'm not going to say I agree with all of her points and she does not have a complete picture of most scenarios but honestly, she's not wrong in most of her videos. Is it really just angry autists raging because " STOP HATING WHAT I LIKE NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT!"?

She was right about Krystal having her own game would be better.
She is right that females are actually being portrayed as weak and vulnerable in a lot of games.
Basically what I'm not getting is, shouldn't people listen to valid criticism and analyze the problem before blatantly bashing something?

Again, not a feminist. Just looking at it objectively.
>>
>>332404071
It's not that some of her points aren't valid it's that her arguments and conclusions are straight up dishonest and indicative of her not playing videogames. She also draws flak for being a professional victim
>>
>>332404071
>She is right that females are actually being portrayed as weak and vulnerable in a lot of games.
It's a huge double standard. Men are being portrayed as deranged killers and violent psychopaths. Isn't that worse?
>shouldn't people listen to valid criticism and analyze the problem before blatantly bashing something?
Not when it comes from an ideology. I love sexy stuff in games, i don't want that to go away.
>>
>>332404242
Can you point out some examples/videos? I've been watching some of them and I honestly don't see what the big fuss is about.
>>
>>332404350
>It's a huge double standard. Men are being portrayed as deranged killers and violent psychopaths. Isn't that worse?
Maybe. But that doesn't mean the damsel trope is less of a problem for it. It just makes two bad tropes instead of one.

>Not when it comes from an ideology. I love sexy stuff in games, i don't want that to go away.
No one is taking your sexy stuff in vidya away, anon. You cannot deny women are being extremely oversexualized for the sake of adolecent boys or manchildren. I mean look at stuff like DOA. Especially the DLC. It's sex apeal for the sake of sex appeal. Nothing realistic about that, desu.

It doesn't have to go away in existing games, but wouldn't it be better if games (new ones) put more consideration into different demographics? I for one would like to see gaming grow into something more "mainstream" like movies.
>>
>>332404659
>Nothing realistic about that, desu.
Nothing bad about it either.
>wouldn't it be better if games (new ones) put more consideration into different demographics?
No.
>>
File: 1456211849656.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1456211849656.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>332404835
>doesn't give arguments.
Sasuga /v/ desu.
>>
>>332405184
No need to debate a non-issue. Boobs are love, ass is life. Nothing wrong with either.
>>
>>332404071
She's been caught multiple times grasping at straws and spreading misinformation to justify her arguments. Also she uses other video game clips from other people's videos even though she claims to have played all these games she bought for research.
>>
>>332404071
She's kind of right in some of her videos (like the butt one), but in other's she's outright lying/wrong in other (Women as background decorations).
>She is right that females are actually being portrayed as weak and vulnerable in a lot of games.
Well, women in real life are usually pretty weak/normal. I agree that we should have more strong wmn in games but that doesn't mean all women in games should be like that.
>>
>>332404071
her motivations where impure
>>
Here's why I don't give a shit about her opinions.

She made a video discussing how basically all female characters are either useless or male fantasies.

Then, in the comments of said video, she was asked to describe what would be her ideal female protagonist, and went on to list traits that she used to describe Samus as a 'male power fantasy insert character', and once she was called out for putting her own foot in her mouth, she disabled comments to her video(s).
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.