[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your favorite examples of character development in games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Squall31.jpg (74 KB, 1024x776) Image search: [Google]
Squall31.jpg
74 KB, 1024x776
What are your favorite examples of character development in games?

One of my favorites is Squall. At the start, he's just a tryhard lone wolf, but as you continue, more self doubt about his attitude rises until he finally grows as a person and accepts other people.
>>
whatever
>>
>>332397853
Forgot the ellipsis.
>>
Yeah, whatever.
>>
>>332398141
whatever
>>
File: 1339203758172.jpg (179 KB, 1058x511) Image search: [Google]
1339203758172.jpg
179 KB, 1058x511
You're wrong, Squall always doubted himself. He's very self-aware.

The actual development is that he considers himself better off alone, while in reality he's just a natural born alpha.
>>
whatever op....
>>
>>332397813
his "development" went to shit when he suddenly started caring for some stupid bitch because she fell into a coma
>>
>>332398327
Whatever dude
>>
Not enough whatever
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RmnynoUEXY
>>
>>
>>332397813
Nope, he starts off as an emotional wreck pushing away all forms of social contact because "muh sis left me" but gets over it over the course of the game. The problem is the romance is not only arguably the worst the franchise has to offer but is the central focus of the game. His feelings for her make no sense considering that his entire character was him not wanting to feel sad for losing someone close to him ever again.
>>
>>332399668
>His feelings for her make no sense
Because she bewitched him.
>>
File: 1440471808840.jpg (313 KB, 1158x585) Image search: [Google]
1440471808840.jpg
313 KB, 1158x585
>>332399439
>2009 was 7 years ago
>>
>>332399805
when will this retarded theory end?
>>
>>332399973
Never, because it makes more sense than the official plot.
>>
>>332400196
the official plot went to hell when Ultimecia was revealed in disc 3

>"great, I have to play more of this shitty game because of some bitch that came out of nowhere and the game claims that she is behind everything"
>>
FF8 is one of my favourites, but almost kind of ironically, i loved it as a kid but after playing it again I realized its pretty crap in some of its story beats

Tbh Haseo from .hack//G.U. has the same basic attitude as Squall but his growth throughout the games is much better paced and believable

God Rinoa deserves better than Squall, she litterally only likes him cuz hes hot and all he does is tell everyone to fuck off, all the crew tries to hook them up so Squall will stop being a bitch after he gets laid, but he just hates it, but all of a sudden when Rinoa gets comad he flips his shit and suddenly cares about her more than anything

I mean sure it fits his fear of loss but its so poorly delivered
>>
>>332400543
Shouldn't her going into a coma make him care even less about her? I mean he did have a fear of loss after all.
>>
File: Rydia fire.jpg (197 KB, 850x1133) Image search: [Google]
Rydia fire.jpg
197 KB, 850x1133
I always liked Rydia's Gohan-style development. At one point, she tells Edward to stop crying and man up, to which Cecil concurs by socking him.

As for Squall, the English translation is actually very lazy. His signature line is actually "..my bad" but even then, a lot of those instances were actually completely different lines that didn't make him look like such an asshole.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.