[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for some input, are Razer still a company that make shit-mediocre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: 585K1aKZ.png (292 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
585K1aKZ.png
292 KB, 512x512
Looking for some input, are Razer still a company that make shit-mediocre quality products with huge pricetags, or has the quality of their products improved at some point in the past 4 years?
>>
>>332397418
Still overpriced shit-mediocre. Deathadder from a long time ago was their best product. Only went downhill from there.
"HURRDURR 4 GAMERS BY GAMERZZ".
>>
>not buying superior Razor devices

wow fucking pleb
>>
Some of their products are good such as the deathadder, but they are still overpriced.
Quality on my 2013 deathadder is ok, but has some flaws. The right mouse button has gone squishy and less responsive from all the clicking i did when i played Dota 2 and the wheel feels quite loose.
>>
>>332397418
I have a razer mamba.
They update their drivers every 4 months or so, and everytime they break it more. It's gotten to the point where the driver simply crashes after I switch to wireless mode. Before this it would change all kinds of settings when going to wireless mode. Before that my sensitivity was fucked everytime I start up my pc.
I wonder how they'll fuck up next time. I've sent 7 bug reports already but nothing has been fixed, it's been over a year.
Mouse wheel is squeeky sometimes and clicking is very different from the start (although I play shit ton of Osu with it (on 5 stars) so it got through a lot of clicking)
I don't recommend buying their shit, deathadder seems fine though.
Also if anyone knows of a mice that can be wired and wireless (and thus charge up in wired mode) like the mamba, would be greatly appreciated if you could tell me cause this feature is good enough for me to not regret my purchase.
>>
I bought Razer Sabertooth a couple of years ago. I have managed to jam the D-Pad buttons not once, but TWICE, and both times within guarantee time (1 year). It's a good controller otherwise, but fucking D-Pad.
>>
Didn't that Street Fighter player sponsored by them use their newest stick and it crapped out in Grand Finals? Kek
>>
>>332398723
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g900-chaos-spectrum-mouse
>>
>win razer mouse from some small giveaway
>3 months and scroll click broken
Good quality, I don't even have warranty
>>
>>332397418
Deathadder is still good. Keyboards have mechanical switches (nothing special), but they light up so they're SUPER FUCKING COOL SHIT! All their headsets are trash (like every headset).

All their products will break in a year if you use them every day.

There's better alternatives. Buy headphones, buy a keyboard built like a tank (cm storm quickfire), and you can get their mouse if you want to buy a new one in 12-16 months.
>>
File: Takasaki Thumbs Up.jpg (41 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Takasaki Thumbs Up.jpg
41 KB, 500x280
thanks everyone
>>
File: 1345238224327.gif (2 MB, 314x228) Image search: [Google]
1345238224327.gif
2 MB, 314x228
Cheap plastic garbage.

The only decent product they make is the Deathadder 3.5g, (both 2013 and chroma have hardware smoothing)

And even so, the DA feels like a piece of shitty plastic, they only good thing about it is the sensor.

Their headsets are fucking shit.
The only good gamurr headset out there is the HyperX cloud (Mainly because it's actually a Takstar pro 80 headphone with a mic)

Their keyboards are covered in shit-tier rubber that will get sitcky within a year.

Get a Cm storm/Corsair/Ducky instead.

Their mousepads are fucking ugly too.
Just get a plain qck+
>>
>>332399413
They have shit sticks because the CEO doesn't play fighters because it's not a game for true gamers like him The fact he tweeted this makes me mad
>>
File: 1457613376335.jpg (43 KB, 227x281) Image search: [Google]
1457613376335.jpg
43 KB, 227x281
>Buy Razor Kraken
>Use it for one week and get huge rash in my earlobes
>Sell it to an idiot for the price of a new one

>Buy a pair of Koss headphones

The bliss.
>>
>>332397418
I've had a Deathadder since 2006, I use it everyday, it's great. The satin finish on the top is fucked up in some places though.
Everything else they make is trash.
>>
>>332397418
Razer is still overpriced dogshit, just like Alienware.

Logitech is a shitty company but I still have to find mouse that is better than my G500.
>>
I have made a rap about my razer naga. Hope you enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vC7YEyDPB0
>>
Their quality has actually gotten worse if their fight sticks are anything to go by.
>>
>>332402396
I've had a g400 for years, still works marvelously.
Had the dimple mxwhatever before that, it was pretty good. It didn't last nearly as long.
>>
I have the razer onza te controller. I just moved and pulled it back out of the box and the rubber coating over the entire controller has started to melt and get sticky. It's been inside in air conditioning this whole time. Complete garbage.
>>
File: heykidwantsome8.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
heykidwantsome8.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>
>>332403062
are you autistic
>>
>>332397418
razer deathadder is the best mouse i've ever used you fucking pleb
>>
>>332405197
I appreciate razer too. I hope you like my rap here >>332403062
>>
my Diamondback 3g from 2008 still works like a charm but i hear from other people who bought their stuff recently that its pretty shitty quality
>>
>>332397418
Apparently during the first tourney for SFV three Razor fight sticks broke down mid-match. Weren't Mad Catz supposed to be the memeticly bad controller manufactors?
>>
>>332405470
>bought mad catz xbox controller during 2004
>still working to this day
>>
most of their mice are good, but overpriced
death adder fits into my hand like a glove
and i also have naga which is great too
i had kraken pro headset, that was a not so great
i dunno about keyboards tho
>>
>>332405552
Oh I love my TES+, I'm just saying for the longest time Mad Catz were considered the shit makers so it's weird that if they're as competent as they are that the "FUCKING MAD CATZ" meme was revved up
>>
>>332405601
The naga is so good I made a rap about it >>332403062
>>
>>332397418
I got a Steelseries Rival 100 for $40 and it kicks ass so far, although I did come from using a shitty, worn Microsoft Intellimouse.
>>
>>332405690
can it be good? i doubt it
with all the shilling around it
you are just a basement dwelling fool
a complete tool, and i bet you still get grounded
which, at your age is kinda cruel
>>
>>332406157
you are shit dude
>>
>>332406252
he's not worthy of good rhymes
>>
>>332406359
although i dont understand what he says he still is better than you faggot
>>
>>332406540
im too tired to argue about this, so imma make it really really quick
you are a bigger faggot
>>
>>332407087
no u
>>
>>332407180
nou
>>
>>332397418

The first Razer Product I used was an oldschool Diamondback back in like 2004. I really loved that mouse, it served me faithfully until its evident death around 2008. Then, because the Diamondback were pulled from the lineup, I bought a Death Adder infrared edition. That one died on me about a year, but I could exchange it on warranty for a newer, still infrared sensored Deathadder. I've been using that mouse ever since. The only problem I got with it is the cordcover, which disintegrated almost instantly. The cloud based option retention and Razer Synapse is quite neat IMO (although early versions were a cathastophe), the heatmapping and such is a bunch of bullshit, granted I'm not an RTS hotshot. If this one dies I'll propably buy a Diamondback again, as it was brought back recently and it was really comfy.
>>
I've had a razer arctosa for over 5 years.
So far the left shift is a bit squeaky sometimes and the spacebar has an erectile dysfunction.

Had a Lachesis, but it's sensor went kapoot after less than a year.

Bought a Carcharias, but it was defective and I got a refund.

(pls no bully I was young and impressionable when I bought them )
>>
As many people have said, the Deathadder is good.

Stay the fuck as far away from the Synapse software as you possibly can. Use it only to change DPI and color, then uninstall that abysmal excuse for software immediately.
>>
Their ultrabooks are fucking god tier and everyone in the tech community aggrees. The only downsides I've seen from them are the fat bezels on the screen and meh battery life. Performance, specs, and screen quality are grand.

Everything else they make is meh-tier but they really stepped up their game on the ultrabook side, I guess to really sell the Razer Core thing, plus it's nice to see companies push USB type-C but with MULTIPLE FUCKING PORTS HOLY SHIT APPLE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING
>>
>>332409932
it's kaput not kapoot. Sorry to nitpick but that really bothered me for some reason
>>
The fuck is a deathadder
>>
I own a 2013 Deathadder and a Orbweaver, both are good.

I hear from a lot of other people that the deathadder is one of their few consistently good products too. Barely anybody owns an orbweaver so III don't know if I just got lucky or those are usually good too.

>>332412067
I have to use it for the orbweaver to function correctly, what's wrong with it other then it existing? It's bloatware sure but it doesn't hit your necromancer more then negligibly ass far as I can tell.
>>
>>332414308
>I own a 2013 Deathadder and a Orbweaver, both are good.
Mah nigga

>Barely anybody owns an orbweaver so III don't know if I just got lucky or those are usually good too.
Mines still going strong at 3+ years but the rubber has peeled off. Not a big deal though since it's still smooth underneath. Literally can't play vidya without it anymore, it's so comfy.
>>
>>332399825
Eh, it's true that mechanical keyboards are mechanical either way, but I think the greens are tacky. I think the Chroma is better, but even then you're better off getting a Ducky for the same price.

Mice however is a different story. Fucking glorious mice. I think I'm lucky it hasn't died on me yet due to how many of them fail.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.