[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ I'm having a problem. Having spend the past few months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
/v/ I'm having a problem. Having spend the past few months binging on Open-World games like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3, I find that whenever I go back and start some linear games I own like Halo 2, the Uncharted games and Witcher 2 (to name a few), I just get bored. I try my best to play them, but it never seems to click with me. I think I'm so used to open-world design that when a game puts me in a room and has me follow a set pattern I just switch off.

Just wondering if it was just me or if anyone else is getting bored with linear.

Also, sorry for the shit image. I had no idea what to put with this so I just used this.
>>
the opposite, im getting bored of that fucking open world shit.

also the topic goes into the topic field, newfriend.
>>
>>332395774
Fuck sorry.
>>
>>332395708

>Normies no longer have the attention span for linear shooters.

ABANDON ALL HOPE
>>
>>332395774
>>332395845
Or maybe his parents named him Linear Game Issues, consigning him to a lifetime of linear-game-based disappointment?
>>
>>332395845
youre cute. are you gay?
>>
>>332395708
Stop playing shitty linear games, you mong, and maybe you'll redevelop some taste.
>>
>>332395845
Sorry for what?
>>
>>332396461
For writing Linear Game Issues in the name instead of the topic.
>>
>>332396605
MMMMmmmmm....
>>
>>332395708
I do.

What happened, was that you finally see the limits of these linear games, making them too predictable for you.
>>
>>332395708

The exact opposite
The idea to get into another open world game, run through the same world-building formulas, grind out maps, follow minimap gps, blahblahblah
Makes me want to throw up

Though I haven't found many linear games these days which are worth it either...
>>
>>332395774
>the opposite, im getting bored of that fucking open world shit.
This, but only because devs can't manage to make decent open worlds. If I wanted to walk around an empty landscape looking for deer asses I'd move to Kansas.
>>
>>332398029
No it's more that I'm so used to just working at my own pace. If I get bored I can always skip this quest or do it later. Whereas in a linear game, you have to do objective X in order to get to the next level. As dumb as that sounds, it's something that makes me want to stop playing a game. So I might play a mission of Halo, get bored at a certain level, keep dying and respawning and then I'll just stop playing and go back to a game like Witcher or Fallout.
>>
>>332398315
Ah, so you have a need for freedom and autonomy, to have the ability to do at your own pace, in your style, without anyone telling you what to do or imposing a linear structure upon you?

Linear games are the opposite of offering you autonomy, so no wonder you're body is responding negatively to such games, compared to open world ones.
>>
>>332395708
>>332395845
>>332396605
You're cute would you like to play pretend?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.