[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itty bitty baby, itty bitty boat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 6
File: 29.jpg (15 KB, 270x390) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
15 KB, 270x390
Hey guys, I have a qick question about the nature of PSN codes and how they work.

I've spent the last few months of 2015 without a roof over my head (parents died, no immediate family... not going to elaborate on it any more than that), with not much to my name. A very generous person I met during this time had gifted me a Plastation Vita system, as he no longer had use for it. He said he regretted buying the system, stating the game selection was poor. He was aware I've been a fan a video games since I was a child, and offered it to me, asking nothing in return until I got on my feet.

Since then, I've managed to get a job in a resturant making a very modest sum of money, and found someone in need of a roomate. Things have started to look up lately, even if I'm broke most of the time.

Now, I remember when I wasa kid, you could download programs that generated keys for computer games and it got me thinking about how that could apply to PSN codes. I currently have zero games on the Vita, which I've been fine with since at least I finally have a way to accees the internet again. However, I've been finding myself wanting to play SOMETHING more and more. In my current situation, staying alive comes before luxuries like video games, so I started thinking about alternatives.

I concluded that if I used a random number generator that would create strings of 12 characters, I should eventually enter a code that works, and see a return of X amount of money added to my wallet, allowing me to buy SOMETHING.

Well, unfortunately, after generating upwards of 100+ codes, handwriting each one out, and then inputting them in the store, I have yet to get a single one that worked. I know the odds of getting a win are pretty low, so I'm preparex to do this for as long as needed, butI need to know if this is even possible, or if I'm an idiot and wasted a bunch of time.

tl;dr desperate poorfag hoping to enter random codes into PSN attempting to get a win. Is it possible?
>>
>>332390605

You're such an idiot, no wonder your parents decided to croak.

Now fuck off.
>>
File: 2016-03-26-210345.jpg (31 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-26-210345.jpg
31 KB, 640x360
Typed completely using the Vita so my apologies for typos. That was a pain in the ass but I really hope one of you fags can help me. It's been a loooong time since I've been on 4chan but i figured /v/ would give me a quick response. Enjoy this cat in return, as a token of my gratitude.
>>
>>332390803
Hey man, I have no idea how these things work anymore. I figured it was worth a shot. Can you really blame me for thinking this could work? Shoild I take your response as a 'no'?
>>
>>332390605
It doesn't matter because whatever Key you guess won't be active unless its been purchased and the chances of you guessing a number that's just been purchased but not yet used is astronomical.
>>
Yes this can work but no amount of numbers and letters will bring your parents back. i suggest you kill yourself and stream it. post link to stream in this thread.
>>
>>332391457
I see. So im essentially fucked then?
are there any sites compatible with the vita thatI can, say, fill out surveys in order to earn amazon credit or something?
>>
>>332391581
>Yes this can work
Not really. It's extremely unlikely as this anon pointed out. >>332391457

You have equal or probably even better chances winning the lotto.
>>
>>332390605
>Is it possible?
Afraid not bro.

I think the most you could do with it, depending on firmware, is enable custom firmware for PSP/PS1 support and download games for those platforms from Emuparadise.
>>
OP here, wondering if even a survey type website to earn credit would be worth the effort. I was told the Vitas selection was poor, but unfortunatepy it will be the only thing i will have capable of playing games for a long time due to circumstances.

I read it can be turned into an emulator but it would require a EU game that i cwnt afford as its the only game that works for 3.57 fw, and this system is a US account.

Any suggestions on my best course of action? I could sell this thing but then i will have an extra few bucks but no way to access the web. as limited as the vitas browser is, i can still access facebook, which os my primary means of contacting people.
>>
>>332390605
As others have pointed out, codes don't activate till they are purchased, so there is pretty much no chance for you to get one of these codes for free

Sorry about your loss. I have been going through the same and I know how it feels and how hard it can be. If anything I wish you the best and know that I always will think about you and wish you well even if we never met again
>>
>>332392062
I'm unaware of any, not that they don't exist, but things like surveys for money always smell like a scam to me.
>>
>>332390605
Sorry about your loss, but you are fucking idiot.

In 2016, codes are activated live at the store you buy them at. Even if you bought a card seven months ago for $100, there is a chance that the card will be useless when you go to use it.
>>
File: 1459115517154.gif (1 MB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
1459115517154.gif
1 MB, 640x358
every now and then psn give offers of literally 1 dollar.
Maybe you can take 1dollar a day and save it till you can buy a 20 dll card amd purchase few good games... but something here tells me you're not a weaboo.
>>
>>332390605
Just save a tiny amount here and there until you can buy pre-owned vita games. Hoping to generate a key that somebody else is about to use is far too unlikely to be worth the effort. In the time spent doing that, you could have earned enough to buy your own doing small cash-in-hand jobs for people.
>>
You still here OP? What's your PSN ID?
>>
>>332392871
CentruyFellas
>>
>>332392871
i doubt that he's still here after knowing about the codes and stuff.
>>
>>332390605
send me your address and i will mail you p4 golden and ys memoria of celestia
>>
>>332392964
liar
>>
>>332393079
Can I have it since OP is gone? Please
>>
>>332390605
>people taking OP seriously
What an utterly hopeless board.
>>
Actually, yeah man, converting it into something that can play roms would be the most ideal thing for me, as I am a much bigger fan of retro games, having grown up playing them. Modern games are much less appealing and I dont see many things in line with 2D platformers (my personal favorite genre). But this is 3.57 and I do not see any possible way to get custom firmware on it. Any ideas that may work would make my day. being able to, say, play SNES games on here would be fuckin rad.

thanks for the words of support, bros. not something ive exactly come to expect from 4chan.

and sorry about the fragmented replies. the vitas browser does not play well with this site. the captcha is hit and miss.

no, definitely not a weeb in the least but i do enjoy some anime. but nowhere near the point of being a weeb.

ive spent a large chunk of time trying to post this several times to no avail, reading new replies, and adding on to this. i fear that this will 404 before i can get more info on this situation, like convertimg this to play emulators. before i made thos thread, i preemptively made a disposable email for just this occasion.

if you cooler bros would like to help me out after this thread is gone, or just talk about dealing with dead parents and coping (looking at you, dude with the spoiler text about dealing with the same thing), you guus can reach me at

[email protected]
>>
>>332393164
no because you lied to me ;_;
>>
>>332393291
Alright thanks anyway
>>
>>332393254
If I can get codes for PSN credit from power up rewards, they're yours. Ain't ever gonna use them and there's nothing I want.
>>
>>332393432
is that page fast for getting those cards?
i was in one and it will take ages to get them.
>>
psn id is my real name. after i formatted the system and made an account, i did a stupid thing and made it my actual name which id rathernot share here. dude who mentioned p4 seems like a real bro. you dont have to do that but if you are adamant, you can send me an email and i will give u my name through there. that would be truly fucking legendary.

im not gone, just struggling heavily with getting past captcha to post.

not sure if my other post went through, vita is really iffy on this site.

my temporary email is [email protected] if any of you guys want to contact me and talk about coping with the parents thing, like that guy with spoiler text. it left me in a fucked up spot and turned my world so far upside down i didnt know what to do or even how to feed myself. thankfully getting a dishwashing job helped a lot with that but not with dealing with loss.

again, this is nog a beg thread, i dont expect anyone to send me amything, but if you are serious my psn can be obtained thru email, and you would be seriously doing a very kind thing for someone who could use the extra help.
>>
>>332393506
Hell if I know. I haven't bothered looking at the place in ages and it's being shit on my phone. Keep getting an error trying to rest my password.
>>
>>332393691
You do realize you're on 4chins, right? Giving a name to ANYONE in here will result a fatal mistake. Most of these people are underage edgememing lords that just like to act retarded and do stupid shit.
>>
[email protected]

Poorfag who has yet to experience The Old Hunters
>>
yeah, i know im on 4chinz and there are lots of shitty people. but there a few good ones too, and ive seen that.

and yeah dude, whenever im not working (i close the restaurant and am blown out after work) i try to roam around town looking for people thatneed extra help. i work my ass of just to make enough to keep myself afloat. i lived outdoors for awhile before i could make rent, so i constantly try to find ways to keep my income up cuz i really would rather being able to afford a place to stay. its hard though because i live in a very small town (population under 3000) so its pretty difficult finding many people willing to pay me for cash in hand work. the only redeeming factor is that people get to know you and look out for you once youre part of the community. thAts how i met the dude who gave me this vita, whoch was such an incredible act of kindness its amazinv.
>>
old hunters dude, please dont make this a beg thread.

everyone else, how to get custom firmware on 3.57? i found something called vita half byte loader which is something that really appeals to me, it supports a wide array of emulators, but i dont see any way of getting that short of living in europe? is there a workaround?
>>
Looks like thread will be kil soon, and I haven't heard anything from you guys about custom firmware. I appreciate you guys helping me out and the condolences from the people who know the feel of losing your parents so close to each other. I will stay till this 404's in case you bros are still here.
You guus have my email in case you can offer any guidance on the VHBL 3.57 thing or anything else.
>>
>>332394381
>>332394887
>>332394190
Wish i could help man but i have a 3ds
>>
>>332394887
I'm sure you deserved whatever happened to you and your parent, faggot. Kill yourself and sage this shit. This is not a pity party so you can take advantage of your shitty life for video games.
>>
>>332395405
Careful with that edge anon
>>
Wow nice fucking blog faggot where can I subscribe for more? But seriously kill yourself, fishing for sympathy and asking stupid questions on top of being a namefag reeks of being new.
>>
thanks anyway 3ds bro. im betting that system is probably a better handheld. i was always partial to nintendo.

and man, cmon thats notwhat this is about. and my dad did some shitty things, but he didnt deserve the suffering he went through for all those uears... i dont care though, this is 4chan i expected as much
>>
well, i remember habing to enter noko in the email field but i guess times hae changed a little bit... and i giarantee ive been here longer than you, even though i havent come back in a few years.

if youd like to subscribe for more i can give you my instatwittertube channel and you can take it from there asshat.
>>
How about you fuck off and find another site if you want a hugbox? This thread has nothing to do with vidya.
>>
I guess your right about that, it kinda derailed a little bit but I'd like to get it back on topic, and talk about custom firmware for vita. i guess id be better off making a new thread though, huh?
>>
>>332395950
A lot of edges this morning.
>>
>>332396218
Yeah we should totally let threads like this be acceptable and faggots like this who obviously never come here feel comfortable.
>>
I feel more comfortable here with your hostility than without. I'd feel even more comfortable if you'd send a tip of that 'ol fedora you're wearing my way you neckbearded newfag. You know sometimes it's nice being a human being and all sometimes. Not that you'd know since your social interactions a basically nonexistent. Learn to relate to people, itll do you good. And no, saving up GBP so mommy can shove tendies down your oversized gullet doesnt count as social interactions. Get fucked.
>>
>>332396621
Why don't you fuck off to /r9k/ or /b/ they're more your speed. Even better why don't you just fuck off to leddit to save this site from having to deal with a giant faggot like yourself.

You're whining for people to help you with something you could clearly find yourself on top of begging. No one gives a shit about your life story and no one gives enough of a fuck to help you.
>>
this was originally going in /b/ but i figured this is a better place. leddit is for fags, but youre right, b was more my speed before i came back and realized it went to shit. why are you wasting your time here? youre contributing nothing at all except arguing in vain when your time can be better spent doing literally anything else you fucking idiot. maybe go jerk it to some FF hentai or something if your so high and mighty about your vidya
>>
>>332396969
Shut the fuck up before you cut yourself on that edge. We're /v/ not one of the lesser boards. We're better than this.
>>
Check your email OP :^)
>>
Take your blog to >>>/wsr/ faggot
>>
>>332397161
>>332397117
How about you both lurk more. You both reek of first week on this site.
>>
woah guy, that was fucking rad of you! i cant believe you did something like that for me. I will remember this, and I swear to you that when I get something together, your kindness will be repaid. Keep an eye out for an email from me in the future, friendo. When I have the means to do so, I will repay you. You have my word.
>>
based anon, have you any game recommendations that I should get with this?
>>
oh, i see your email wasnt contained in the one i received. if you send me another email from your own, i will repay you one day soon. i promise. i just need a means of getting in touch with you.
>>
>>332397167
You fucking idiot do you want to encourage this shit
>>
>>332398035
Probably idiot newfags thinking they're doing some kind of "good"
>>
Dont' worry about it anon, I'm just happy to help :) As for game recommendations, it all depends on what you enjoy. Lots to pick from on the store, lots of Vita, PS4 and PSone games to choose from... maybe try the vs recommended games wiki. Good luck and enjoy!
>>
>>332398158
>:)
>...
>!

Yep new it was a newfag.
>>
well thanks again man. you truly are an awesome dude. just wish youd let me repay the favor when i can.
>>
OP needs to go fuck himself we cant let this fly guys
>>
>>332399024
There must be literally no mods awake
>>
I am try to backtrace him through email
>>
So much autism in one thread.

OP not replying to posts is making me upset but i hope everything works out with him. Drop the videogames and go study OP.
>>
I am actually pretty well read, my dude
>>
>>332391109
>noko
oldfag detected, story checks out
>>
>>332398035
>>332398097
>newfags don't know about muh sent :^) meme
>>
>>332399570
It's sent ;) faggot and there's clearly someone who took pity on this poor bastard and sent him something.
>>
>>332399614
Don't counter meme me you fucker
>>
i thought the habeeb it wouldve given it away
>>
based anon check your facebook.
>>
>>332399662
*teleports behind you* heh what were you saying kid?
>>
File: 1442513403856.jpg (30 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1442513403856.jpg
30 KB, 640x640
>>332399783
H-he's fast
>>
op here, really enjoying this display of power from you anons
>>
RFMC 7MNP 448K
>>
>>332399925
Nobody's faster than I, bb
>>
>>332390803
ouch
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2973) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2973
Another alternative is to buy pre-owned games at GameStop, and return it within the 7 day policy for a full refund, no hassle.

OP, if you're still here, my PSN account has hundreds of games for the Vita. If you're willing to use a different handle just to download and play games, go nuts.

My gold membership isn't active but there are a ton of games from that too. I guess that would be the trade off.

If you're interested let me know. I already have your email.
>>
nope not valid code u fukkin trawl
>>
i am interested but it seems that would entail formatting my vita right? and idk if you wanna do that man thats an awfully cool thing to do but CC info would be accessible to me and, not saying id do anything, but you wouldnt wanna do that
>>
shoot me an email if you want, my dude. will repay you in time. seriously, i dont forget these kinds of things. i actually tracked down the anon that sent me the gift card so that I may repay him when the time comes.
>>
also, I didn't even know the vita had 'hundreds' of games, unless that includes back-catalog. and if so, that'd be sweet. psone was my shit when i was a kid.
>>
>>332400225
Nigger what are you doing
>>
>>332400532
You're a fucking lying piece of shit
>>
>>332400763
Anon's being a retard thinking this guy will actually pay him back in some way and mods aren't awake to delete this shitty thread.
>>
well, im in a rough patch right now, but i have an inheritance coming in at some point within the next year. that is why i am saying i will pay them back. whatever i repay would be a trivial sum to what remains, so i have no problem with this.
>>
>>332400969
You're just a lying sack of shit man.
>>
do what you will, anon who offered to share a handle. you have my email. or you could listen to the other anons. it is your call.
>>
>>332400225
Just a reminder that it is possible to completely lose your PSN and every game tied to it.
>>
>>332401058
hmmm... i would elaborate on where the money is coming from and why but i do not want to betray my identity. think what you want man. i would prove it if it didn't cost me my anonymity.

i used what info i could from the amazon thank you email it asked me to send to find the senders facebook for the sake of repaying him
>>
actually, yeah.... that dudes right. I could potentially lock you out of your account. I wouldn't do that but man i dont want that to loom over your head if you shared your account with me. forget it, anon. i dont want you to live in fear of losing your games.'hundreds' of games is a LOT of money.
>>
>>332390605
it's possible but what you're forgetting is that not all codes are active.

Until they are bought the codes aren't activated and able to be put in a system. So the circumstances now become guessing the right number and using it in the small time frame of the person purchasing the code and putting it in, Christmas would be the best time to try this
>>
well, if they aren't active until they are purchased, i would truly feel like a dick if I did it and it had succeeded.
>>
well, i guess even if they WERE active prior to purchasing, the effect would still be the same... somebody would be paying for an inactive code.
>>
>90+ posts
>CTRL+F
>"0 results for I don't belive it"

It's been fun. I'm leaving now.
>>
huh... order finally processed, clicked the link, code didnt work. wonder what to make of that.
>>
anon, stay. ill miss you.
>>
anon cooommmeeee backkkk
>>
oh shit it worked thank you so much anon!!!!
>>
Why was this faggot given money
>>
File: image.jpg (201 KB, 645x996) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201 KB, 645x996
>>332400696
Physical collection is probably 40ish strong. This is what I have digitally:

Runner 2
Super Meat Boy
Dust force
Hotline Miami
Guacamelee!
Sound Shapes
Rogue Legacy
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
OlliOlli
Frozen Synapse Prime
Luftrausers
Super Stardust Delta
Resogun
Sine Mora
Minecraft
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Dead Nation
Spelunky
Velocity Ultra
Retro City Rampage
Stealth Inc.
Limbo
Divekick
Fez
Hohokum
Mutant Blobs Attack
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone
Rymdkapsel
The Impossible Game
Another World
Towerfall Ascension
New Little King's Story
EDF2017 Portable

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

PSP:
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
Half-Minute Hero
Persona 3 Portable
MegaMan Maverick Hunter X
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
LocoRoco
Peggle
Monster Hunter: FU
Patapon
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Valkyrie Chronicles II

PS one:
Metal Gear Solid
Castlevania: SotN
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Team Racing
Klonoa
Tron Bonne
Vib-Ribbon
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
FFVI
FFVII
FFVIII
FFIX
Grandia
Suikoden II
Xenogears

PS+:
Dragon's Crown
Velocity 2X
Jet Set Radio
OlliOlli2
Rayman Origins
Plants v Zombies
Duke Nukem 3D
Gravity Rush
Zero Escape: VLR
Terraria
Joe Danger
Entwined

Seems that anon gave you a card though, so I wouldn't wanna make that gift go to waste.
GL
>>
>>332403572
I'd give you money if both your parents died early in your life
>>
Well, the code was already redeemed it said. I'm contacting amazon customer support. I'm not sure what happened. Don't worry about it though, game collection anon. I don't want that gift to go to waste either.

I'm preparing for the uphill battle that will be getting this resolved through Amazon.
>>
That's a really cool Zero concept art sheet, btw.
>>
>>332404204
Good luck. You're never gonna see that gift card.
>>
Who knows. maybe i will maybe i wont
>>
Any ideas, recommendations?
>>
This thread is still up?
>>
>>332390605
I don't belive your story, but if it's true please kill yourself
>>
Workin' on it
>>
>>332390605
I had to deal with one of you random code fuckers in the past
I entered a PSN network card and found that it was already used.
Called sony and demanded my money back.
I had the receipt and the physical card (I gave them pictures and shit), so they gave me a new $50 credit
I then demanded that they ban the account that used the randomized number. Pretty sure they did, I wasn't the only complain they got from that account.

fuck you OP
>>
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.