[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: MGS4_European_Cover.jpg (39 KB, 450x518) Image search: [Google]
MGS4_European_Cover.jpg
39 KB, 450x518
How would you fix it?
>>
>>332382228
game was 10/10

kill yourself
>>
Remove 33% of the cutscenes.
>>
>>332382228
Don't throw the support team from 3 under the bus. Don't explain away supernatural shit like vamp with nanomachines. Games fine otherwise.
>>
No johnny, no nanomachines, less cutscenes, don't ruin the premise of raiden as an everyman proxy loser from 2, don't pussy out on following up everything interesting about 2 via over explaining or retcons
>>
Make it open world, add helicopter rides, maybe a home base like in Peace Walker, remove cutscenes, add some slutty character for fan service, be ashamed of your deeds.
>>
it was fucking fine

fuck you contrarian faggot
>>
>>332382228
I'd add in hundreds of VR missions. That's all.
>>
Make the camo mask full body so I can play the entire game as laughing octopus.
>>
>>332382228
It ain't broke.
>>
>>332382334
>>332382397
>>332382582
>>332383051
All this. But most importantly, explain mgs2 without retcons and asspulls.
>>
>>332384076
It's easy to understand MGS2 because GW is becoming real right now.
>>
>>332382228
Remove the Drebin store. Being able to buy whatever you want, whenever you want breaks stealth with a sickening crack. It made the whole thing a shooting gallery.
>>
>>332382228
>Cut down on all the redundant as fuck cutscenes
>Nerf the fuck out of nanomachines and stop making it the go-to cop out explanation for any and all paranormal shit that's happened in the series. Or just get rid of them entirely, the gimmick is poorly executed with no thought put into it.
>Get rid of the cyborg Raiden shit and return him to how he was before, just more seasoned and down to Earth after all the shit that happened in SotP.
>Get rid of that ridiculous Big Boss cameo in the end and let Snake die with some dignity so there can be real closure, with everyone moving on with their lives now that the Patriots are gone.
>Raiden goes home to be a family man, Otacon raises Sunny in a normal life where they aren't living out of the back of a plane anymore and he gets a job that doesn't involve fighting vampires and shit so he can go back to just being a really good engineer. Campbell enjoys his retirement and old age. All the PMC's get knackered by the UN.
>>
>>332385241
Which is a shame. I enjoyed Drebin a lot but his mechanic definitely made the game a lot easier(The shit AI and your general ability to shoot your way past every problem didn't help.)
>>
File: 54454554.gif (58 KB, 377x200) Image search: [Google]
54454554.gif
58 KB, 377x200
>>332382290
""""""""game""""""""
>>
>>332385241
If its in there at all, it shouldve been something like the one guy that sells you weapons in RE4, and have equipment limits be like RE4 as well. And make everything much more expensive.
>>
>>332385785
I pretty much agree with all you've said.

I don't like the idea of Snake dying. But the idea that his dying act is to prevent the disease from spreading seems heroically consistent with everything he's done. Yes, he never catches a break, but that is how it goes. It puts a lot of fucking weight on Otacon's words, "Snake had a hard life".

Fuck, it makes me angry Big Boss shows up now. My mind is fogged up with MGSV, was Big Boss presumed to be dead - killed by Solid at Zanzibar - at that point? God, how did he get Zero there at all?
>>
>>332386221
It's so damn stupid. Everything about that scene was stupid as fuck. Even if Snake didn't shoot himself, he coulda just buggered off to live in seclusion from the rest of humanity in the woods, or being a nomad until dieing of 'age', since foxdie was rapidly killing him anyway and he was already on his last legs.

Everything about that scene when Big Boss showed up just pissed all over the weight of Snake at the cemetery.
>>
>>332382334
I think a better solution is to make the briefings optional.
They usually get summarized in-mission anyway.

Also, the monologues from Meryl, Big Mama, Naomi, Big Boss and whomever else.
The ones that go into "exposition mode" where we're just kinda looking at abstract artistic representations of what's being said.

Those could be optional as well.

There's this thing in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance where at certain points in the story, a notification will proc saying that a flashback or game summary is available in the menu.

So I think, when you meet Meryl and she explains SOP, instead of her doing it right there, a notification pops in the corner saying "Lore: Sons of the Patriots now available" and you can access it at will, or not at all if you so choose.

They could even put these in the Codec, and give the Codec more of a use.

That said, the cutscenes ARE skippable anyway... but I'm thinking in terms of a first playthrough, this would keep the pacing consistent and I don't think those dumps are 100% necessary to understand/enjoy the story.
>>
I did not play MGS4 in a timely manner. I only burned through the series on the prompting of MGSV.

How did you people react to the end of MGS4. Were you comforted that that retarded ending was going to be explained with a future game? Or did you have no hope of a future game at that point at all?

Because right now, MGSV is the last of it. It's done. As many cards as we're going to get are all on the table now. I think MGSV seals everything up airtight, I'm just feeling a bit sore about it.

So that's the question. If you felt disappointed by MGS4, did you kinda brush it off knowing that another game was going to make it all better? To me, MGS3 made everything feel a lot better. Peace Walker... kinda not, but Ground Zeroes made that feel fine followed by MGSV.
>>
>>332387716
At the time, 4 was talked about like it would be the last one. Everything about 4 suggested it would be. So the ending left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths because of how bad it was at the cemetery scene, and a lot of the stuff leading up to it really took a giant shit on the series.
>>
>>332387716
>How did you people react to the end of MGS4. Were you comforted that that retarded ending was going to be explained with a future game? Or did you have no hope of a future game at that point at all?
Neither.

I loved MGS4 and felt it brought a very potent sense of closure to the series. I didn't want anymore games after 4, there didn't need to be any, there was no reason to have any.

>I think MGSV seals everything up airtight
I would disagree. MGS4 did that for sure. Many people didn't like the way it did that, but it did it.

MGSV just broke it open again to stuff more stupid bullshit in, ask more questions and retcon shit.
>>
Longer levels with more stuff to do with the "faction" system. NPCs fighting each other and you influencing the battlefield to your advantage was the single best thing about MGS4 so it boggles my mind why they didn't even try to improve it in MGSV, even though open world would perfectly lend itself to STALKER Clear Sky style gameplay.
Less cutscenes.
Remove Drebin shop. 4, PW and V all had the problem of stealth becoming a non-issue once you realize you can buy more ammo and silencers wherever you are whenever you want. What became of on-site procurement?
Rework B&B into more unique characters, not just copy pasta model girls each with the same post fight gimmick and oh so sad war trauma delivered after their defeat by Drebin.
Rework the epilogue. Big Boss appearing to tell Solid he's not fucked serves no purpose as he's going to die from accelerated aging anyways.
Fix the performance issues. The game has no frame rate lock so it's especially noticeable when it keeps jumping between almost 60 and less than 15. MGS4 would really benefit from a PS4/XBone/PC port.
>>
>>332382334
not even, just add more actual gameplay
>>
>>332382228
It was perfect pham. If I had too, maybe make some of the cutscenes a bit shorter, make the gameplay longer, and get rid of the "I was only pretending to be pretending to be Liquid so that you would do the thing I didn't want you to do except I really wanted you to do it which is why I constantly tried to kill you for some reason" plot twist.
>>
Put MGO2 back online
>>
>>332383051

HELL YES, and some Snake Tales remixes.
>>
>>332382228
Make it the last MGS
No MGSV:Phantom Menace
>>
>>332382228
I liked it
>>
>>332382228
-Reduce all the references to Nanomachines did Everything. I don't mind it explaining SOME things, but he didn't need to explain everything.
-Would have had Liquid's voice actor return to split Ocelot's personality, or at the very least just ignore "Liquid" altogether. Just make it that Ocelot's plot was the one he was aiming for all along.
-The last 2 chapters would have had a lot more sneaking sections. Not just abridged weirdly placed setpieces.
-Less Otacon having a romantic plot. It's really strange how much attention Otacon gets in 2 and 4.

Most importantly though- especially since in V its pretty much confirmed that Zero isn't some malicious moustache twirler villain, but rather someone who just set the gears in motion for a terrible future-- I would still have the game end with a conversation between Big Boss and Solid Snake, but not AFTER everything was said and done.

In my epilogue:
-Old Snake is ready to kill himself at Big Boss' grave, but has one last flashback to when he was a young man. His mission briefing before Operation Intrude N313, and his then commanding officer Big Boss takes him for a walk. Speaks cryptically of what he knows, and what he believes will happen soon on Snake's first mission (MG1). Solid Snake doesn't really understand, but its the one solitary moment where Big Boss tries to act like his father and mentor.

Flash back forward to Old Snake, ready to commit suicide, but finally realizing what Big Boss was trying to tell him. Snake forgives Big Boss and it's ultimately left up in the air as to whether he kills himself. We dont need to see Snake die because in this moment we know his story is over.
I don't know if this is TOO vague. But simplifying it without taking away intended depth is what I woulda liked.

I still love MGS4. Just for a lot of weird different reasons.
>>
Game was good but I'd change some stuff.

Make B&B less cringey. Those cutscenes were stupid as shit and I don't give a fuck about their backstory.
The boss fights were alright some of them pretty good. But it's obvious they don't need development as characters you are not gonna make a new FOXHOUND here.

Put something interesting in chapter 3. I don't know the game overall lacks from variety of missions. You don't get to defuse bombs, nor rope rappel or even take photos as mandatory objectives for the plot. It would have been fun to add something like that.

Remove Meryl and Johnny Mr. & Mrs. Smith Bullshit.

Improve the animations. MGSV is a huge step forward but the game is shit tho

Add Vr. Missions or something like that.
>>
While I didn't hate MGS4, I feel there's some stuff that could have been done to make me like it better.

>Lessen Snake's accelerated aging or remove it all together
>Add Meryl, Campbell, Johnny, and Drebin to the codec menu
>Rework Raiden - remove the cyborg ninja thing or make him less stupid about it
>Make Johnny less important, don't pair him with Meryl
>Add human guards to Shadow Moses
>Nerf nanomachines a little
>Place more enemy traps like claymores, sleeping gas mines, etc into the world
>Less focus on Otacon's romance, as another anon said already
>Rework the Big Boss epilogue

That's all that comes to mind right now, though I'm sure there's shit I'm forgetting.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.