[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EVE ONLINE GREAT WAR NEWS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
File: bigstock-American-crow-24582695.jpg (395 KB, 900x598) Image search: [Google]
bigstock-American-crow-24582695.jpg
395 KB, 900x598
FUCKING GOONS GETTING DECIMATED. R.I.P

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4ccr0t/co2_to_reset_the_imperium/

>inb4 le >>/reddit/ maymay
>>
EVE wars are always interesting
>>
>reddit
>>
File: bird.jpg (904 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
904 KB, 1280x1707
>>332351835
>>
FOR THE HYPER SENSITIVE AUTISTS I HAVE TRANSLATED THE INFORMATION.

For years now we (CO2) have been loyal towards the CFC (Imperium). We, as an alliance, have for a large part never been seen as a full member by GSF. As a result we've never been treated nor represented as such. The basis of the coalition -it being a meritocracy -became an affront over time.

In the same timespan the list of grievances grew. I will not go into detail as the people involved know full well whom and what I'm talking about. They can mostly be summed up as GSF taking care of their interests and at the same time blatantly disregarding the coalition policies they claim to uphold.

Plenty of times Goons (Corps Diplomatique in particular) showed a total lack of consideration - we remained silent. Corporations were poached from us, disregarding coalition procedures. The Goonswarm director responsible is still sitting in his chair - we remained silent Blacklisted corporations were recruited by allies - unblacklisted because it suited them - we remained silent We were not okay with messing with Provi's sov - we remained silent The Viceroy plan was just ridiculous - we remained silent

Exactly 5 months ago Sion threatened to expel Circle-Of-Two from the coalition. In very clear terms we were ordered to fall in line or suffer the consequences. We choose the latter and informed our members that expulsion was imminent from that point on.

We continued to do what good allies are supposed to do; help where assistance was needed. At the same time we did what we think an alliance should do; take care of our members, try to grow and better ourselves.

[CONTINUED IN NEXT POST[
>>
>there will never be an online game with a community as fucked up as EVE's
>>
>reddit
>>
>>332352710

We had, separate from Goons, made plans to defend Tribute and Vale together with The Bastion and Get Off My Lawn. All it took was a candlelit dinner with Mittens for The Bastion and Lawn to completely abandon Vale and leave CO2 alone to defend Tribute. The whole time other Imperium alliances were called to Saranen, while we were not even informed of such movements or how they would relate in regards to the defense of Tribute.

Over the past few months it has become increasingly clear that we have served (only) as a meatshield. Circle-Of-Two is NOT a meatshield. We will not stand as the wall that defends Deklein from the angry hordes for the benefit of Goons. We will no longer subject our pilots to the indecency of watching their hard work burn while Goons sit in their ivory tower. We will no longer stand as an unequal partner in The Imperium. For the good of our members we will be separating ourselves from The Imperium with a full and complete reset of all Imperium member alliances as of 2016.03.29 at 00:01 EVE Time.

~CO2 Leadership
>>
I am now leaving this thread for all of /v/ to shitpost in. Do what you will with this information and please keep making the dank maymays. Or stop, they're shit. I don't know why I came here, probably should've went to /vg/ but whatever. Fuck all of you and all that.
>>
They're going to get wiped. Completely.
They made the fucking retarded mistake of declaring this shit, rather than just turning around and attacking.
>>
Goons getting decimated? Great. I hope they lose everything.
>>
>>332354352
What are the respective strengths of both sides of this conflict is CO2 just an upstart?
>>
>>332352710
>>332352818
I don't play EVE, and probably never will, but I like to read about the big silly wars that cost tens of thousands of dollars driven by something resembling interesting politics.

These posts do not make much sense to me as they are mostly unexplained politics and eve-speak mumbo jumbo a non-player wouldn't understand. Can anyone explain to the uninformed what exactly is happening?

How big are the groups mentioned, what kind of power do they hold?

What does a 'reset' mean?

The sides and issues are mentioned but not explained very well, what exactly set this off?

If anyone finds the time to explain this shit then thank you.
>>
>>332354768
The SA guild had an alliance with one called CO2, CO2 releases a manifesto detailing how SA is full of shit and now CO2 is backing out of the alliance and possibly declaring war on SA, that's what I gleaned from this anyways.
>>
>>332354768
You have things called standings, which pop up next to a players name. Alliances can set these and override each individual standing. Reset means they set them no neutral. Blue=friend rest is shoot
>>
>>332354768
The whole game is player run, eve corps can be as big or small as you want (as few as two iirc). Guns, ammo, ships, player produced. Ingame Resources player mined etc. The whole game is player run

Goonswarm has something like 15,000 members, they're pretty much the OGs of eve and are responsible for tons of shit happening in game and control huge territory. They originated on Something Awful but I don't know what their ties to it are like now
>>
>>332353197

B-But what about honor anon?
>>
>>332354768
A few weeks ago goon left a fleet of Blues bubbled up(bubble prevents you from warping to safety), then another group with funding attacked CO2 in their systems, they called for help from the rest of imperium, which they didn't get and got backstabbed again. So they left imperium/goons
>>
>>332355137
Tell it to me straight: how much money is going to be wasted in this retarded venture.
>>
>>332355928
I have no idea, I only know about eve online from my brothers and his friends for the most part.
>>
I haven't really payed attention to EVE for many years but did something happen to CVA? I always admired their NRDS policy in Providence.
>We were not okay with messing with Provi's sov - we remained silent
>>
>>332355137
Yes, that CO2 is mad at the goons and there's going to be some kinda fight was made clear, but there were a bunch of other groups mentioned and I don't know much about this Imperium thing, which seems bigger than just the goons and CO2. I want to know how big this really is, because it sounds bigger than some simple GvG shit you'd get in a normal MMO.

>>332355137
Thank you. To be clear this means they've basically split from the Imperium, whatever that is, and declared war or at least non-friendly on all of its members?

>>332355619
See, this is the kind of info I want to know about. Stats on these corps and alliances so I can estimate how big of a shitstorm is going down. Thanks, man.

>>332355818
A much better explanation on the issues that caused this than the original information, thank you. But why would the goons just fuck over their allies like that and then leave them to die? Are they just dicks, or was there more to it?
>>
>>332356321
>>Are they just dicks
People acting like cockheads in a video game because they're backed up by thousands of fellow cockheads?
Unfathomable.
>>
>>332356321
Most of this information is on /r/eve but /v/ and all of 4chan is extremely terrified of reddit. So I wouldn't expect to get too much information if you prod here. Try going to the EVE general on /vg/.
>>
>Goonswarm

Shit nigguh, I thought they died out years back.
Rip BOB
>>
Is this a bigger deal than that Titanomachy thing?
>>
>reddit
>>
>>332356762
Yes. The biggest power block in EVE Online is about to get destroyed.
>>
>>332352710
This is how the war for independence started holy shit.

Fuck the royal kikes m8.
>>
>>332356995
Details for someone that doesn't know the first thing about this war?
>>
I want Dan Carlin to explain EVE to me
>>
How come /v/ never managed to get a good corp off the ground space ground??
>>
>>332357136
Well, I can't really explain it with my phone and this tiny keyboard but just imagine it as EVE's Revolutionary War.
>>
>>332356321
Goons are dicks, I'm not sure why they didn't send capital support atleast, or even supercapital if they want to escalate the fight. According to the mitani(goonswarm friendly reporter propaganda) it was because they thought CO2 would Betray them if they called in supercapitals. As no cynosural jammers were present in the systems(jammers prevent cynosural fields, which are the only way capital ships can move system). So they sent in subcapital support, but s really low number of pilots, 5% of each reinforcement wave was goon. While FCON, bastion and CO2 took the blow.

Hell even after the fight CO2 resigned from imperium made me happy, as imperium never delegated pilots and subcapital to nearby systems which came in, trolled our systems and left. Now that we are friends with Goons enemy everything that remains is to wipe TNT our nearby and CO2 space at MJ-1, V0D-F etc is more safe
>>
>>332356660
>extremely terrified
Scared of being turned into a cuck
>>
For all of you asking what is going on.

For years Goonswarm have been the big dogs in EVE. Their leader is a huge asshole and finally pissed off enough people that everyone else that plays the game has declared war on them.
>>
>>332355619
Aren't there like a bunch of shady russians too?
>>
>>332357136
The Goons have always been one of the major factions over the history of EVE and despite any loses they suffer they always bounced back hard because them and their allies worked together for the mutual goal of fucking with other people.
Now goons allies are getting sick of their shit, so one of the major powers is about to have a civil war.
>>
>>332357291
don't forget about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQ4ejFq7BY
>>
>>332351916
said absolutely no one ever.
>>
>>332357551
EVE wars are always interesting
>>
When can we drive out goons from fucking planetside
>>
>>332357367
Is Goonswarm tied to Goon Squad from ArcheAge?

I heard they were.
>>
>>332357474
>>332357291
>>332357367

So what are the chances of the Goons actually going down permanently? How big was this group that decided to ditch the alliance?
>>
>>332357665
Only people who call themselves Goons are from something awful, so yeah most likely
>>
File: 1443906775715.jpg (563 KB, 1023x670) Image search: [Google]
1443906775715.jpg
563 KB, 1023x670
>tfw Snuff member in VOLTRON
>tfw was there from the beginning when mittani tried to force viceroy onto us
>now knocking on his doorstep covered in the blood of his meatshield pets

Feels good.
>>
>You will never experience EVE
>>
>>332357665
Goon usually means the group comes from the somethingawful forums or has ties to it.
It's similar to how /vg/ used to mostly run with some variation of 'no fun allowed'.
>>
>>332356501
No, that makes sense. Being enough of a dick to your allies to cause them to become your enemies when they are just as, if not more powerful than you is what doesn't make sense to me.

>>332356660
I scrolled through the original reddit post looking for this information and it was mostly what you'd expect to see in a thread on /v/ if /v/ was more into EVE. Lots of joke/shitposting and excitement, one guy even claiming /r/EVE had shitposted hard enough to cause a revolution.

>>332357359
Thank you. I think I understand why this war has been kicked off now. I still don't fully understand what the Imperium is and I didn't know CO2 joined forces with Imperium enemies after leaving it, though that would make sense, at least until the war is over.
>>
>>332357136
>>332357136
Big group of groups who hold lots of territory.
Passed off some bankers who got banned and pinned lies(or exposed them) they funded s fight against Goons, which took place today (my estimates were 3-3,6k pilots on field total split in 3-4 fighting systems).
Goons backstabbed allies twice in 2-3 weeks, market crash for certain ships which were fielded today.
CO2 issues standdown due to Goons not lending proper support of ships and pilots.
CO2 resigned from imperium.
Tons of salt and lulz from the mitani(goonswarm propaganda)
>>
>>332357464
Aren't there always?
>>
File: 1444268684454.png (19 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1444268684454.png
19 KB, 592x492
ARE YOU SHITTING ME

SA
GOONS
HAVE
FINALLY
BEEN
BTFO
IN
EVE?!?!!?!?
>>
>>332355928
However much it takes to keep the rabble interested.

Who knows, maybe some important systems will change hands amid the crashing of servers.
>>
>>332351835

The war in a nutshell. Minus CO2 leaving just now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNzXbDwLD-s
>>
someone explain to me what is happening
>>
>>332358101
been explained in the thread about 5 or 6 times now
>>
>>332357723
Big enough to make EVE news so it's not some rinky dink corp.
>>
>>332357832
>>332357832
Ur gard capital chimera pilots too, welp welp. Mestshield is with the rest now. Say hi to blue-blues
>>
>>332357760
>>332357879
Alright.

Action 5 News Team are absolutely fucking destroying Goons on ArcheAge right now.

They're getting shit on every game they play, lol
>>
>that guy who stole all the money from a huge corp's bank and then made a supervillain esque video about his supership
>>
>>332358257
I think I heard that, but I never saw the video. Link?
>>
File: harry2.png (120 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
harry2.png
120 KB, 640x480
>>332358047
I don't understand any of this shit
>>
>>332358206
Goon is a shadow of itself, they used to be THE premium shit cunts online but since the SA forums started dying and becoming really PC more than a few goons stopped affiliating with it.
>>
>>332358354
The big ebil bad guys (The CFC) of EvE are getting absolutely fucking trounced and its amazing.
>>
dont goons have like 23852735723 of those deathstar tier biggest ships in the game?

can you even overthrow them
>>
>>332358257
I remember that, The madman pulled the biggest heist ever seen. Is he now a shadow broker dealing in proxy wars?
>>
>>332358583
I could be wrong, but I think he spent it all on like one big ship like a retard and got it blown up when he paraded it around.

Maybe i'm mashing two stories together here.
>>
File: 1440057187301.gif (2 MB, 318x239) Image search: [Google]
1440057187301.gif
2 MB, 318x239
>>332358557
Thank you, anon
>>
>>332358516
hah

For the last year now Goon on ArcheAge has been losing members and having people leave to join other guilds.
>>
>>332358570
Goons turned on bankers, possible that they might loose sov some places, this was funded by IB and scared Goons off and got their propaganda puppet to make excuses why no goon caps were fielded
>>
>>332357209
There was one that had a sizable territory and was allied with the goons. No fun allowed? Anyway it went to shit.
>>
What happens when they lose? More wars as everyone tries to pick up the spoils?
>>
File: 0001.png (461 KB, 470x379) Image search: [Google]
0001.png
461 KB, 470x379
>>332351835

Hello, my reddit friend. I wish there was an upvote function on 4chan so I could show my gratitude for your being here. Please, stay a while and share your views with us.
>>
What's this Viceroy shit? I quit EVE like 4 years ago.

Happy to hear about goons getting recked, if it happens. Which I kinda doubt.
>>
>>332358570

They have lost at least 3 of the construction buildings for them and last time they tried to drop they got countered by PL who has more than they do.
>>
>>332358570
Titans need support in order to shine, without help they are extremely vulnerable to swarm tactics.
Plus goon themselves don't own all the Titans, they are spread out amongst their allies
>>
>>332358787
this game has bankers too? i figured they were their own bankers
>>
Is this the biggest happening since BOB? Haven't followed eve in a while

Also I used to tackle for goonsquad
>>
>>332358740
He had a fleets worth of dosh. Is it is possible to spend it on one ship?
>>
>>332358972
Everyone needs bankers, anon
>>
I
NEED
A
MAP
>>
>>332358818
Pretty much.
>>
>>332358768
Makes sense, they pretty much lost their main source of communication when SA sorta excommunicated them.
Plus the fact that less and less people go to SA so their recruiting has been stunted
>>
>>332358972
Yes big superbankers, some have ties with Goons and they got fucked over. 48 or so banned for supposedly real money trading. Goon has their own bankers but the rest have much more wealth
>>
>>332359098
That sounds pretty interesting actually. Crazy wild west superspace wars.

What're the chances that this is going to be total annihilation?
>>
Is that motherfucker that just does nothing but mine veldspar still alive?
>>
>>332359069
Then i'm probably definately mashing two stories together.
>>
>>332359212
>Real money trading

We need the EVE Trump to write a book about this game. This shit sounds insane
>>
>>332358893

What's this Viceroy shit?

evenews24.com/2015/12/01/imperium-viceroyalty-met-with-defiance/

>>332359000

>Is this the biggest happening since BOB?

Yes.
>>
>>332359321
Its the equivalent of gold buying in other MMOs. But CCP comes down HARD on it.
>>
File: q8QInuw[1].jpg (545 KB, 1856x2048) Image search: [Google]
q8QInuw[1].jpg
545 KB, 1856x2048
>>332359085
>>
>>332359270
Depending on how greedy corps get looting it might see alliances break down left and right with everyone scrambling for dosh, space and prestige
>>
>>332359270
There will always be someone there to pick up the spoils after the disaster. New corps, new alliances will come out of the mess.

That's assuming they do go for the kill and wipe out Goons ofc. That ain't going to be cheap.
>>
>>332359321
Check out confessions of s eve trillionaire
>>
I wonder if Eve gold buying could be used as money laundering
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm_IPRddk9Y
>>
File: 32.jpg (41 KB, 600x477) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
41 KB, 600x477
>>332359472
>EVE's biggest faction is called """""""""""""" xXDEATHXx """"""""""""""""
>>
>>332359472

CO2 Tribute needs updating to 'Surrendered'
>>
>>332359472
I miss bob.
Holy shit was the two superpowers going at it dank as fuck
>>
So if the shit really hits the fan this time, What are the odds that some underdog smalltime corp can make some good profit? Think it would be a nice reset to the old guard groups that currently control everything?

We might be able to profit from this if we made a group, you know.
>>
>>332359472
As someone not up on Alliences or the big corps, knowing who is allied with who would be a massive help here.
>>
>>332359472
This whole thing becomes way less cool when you have large organizations with names like "Shadow of xXDeathXx" or DARKNESS
>>
>>332359270
Eve news is always interesting. It is like the lore for sci fi game/media , but it isn't something that happened in the distant past.
>>
>>332359748
>/v/ working together

who would be our leader, some trip fag?
>>
any cool videos of like huge corps invading territory unannounced and starting a shitstorm?

i love shit like that
>>
>>332359669
It's Russians living in shit tier space that no one else wants.

Biggest faction in terms of power and playerbase would be the Imperium.
>>
>>332359818
Meritocracy to begin with, I guess. Whoever had the most experience. Then if the group stuck together we'd figure out the hierarchy
>>
>>332359818

>Implying the collective consensus of the hivemind won't lead us to prosperity.
>>
>>332359472
>all of those little fag groups that are surrounded by enemy groups
how do they even manage to stay alive?
>>
>>332359886
Really?

when did goons stop being #1?
>>
File: 1459110157370.png (1 MB, 1024x1400) Image search: [Google]
1459110157370.png
1 MB, 1024x1400
>>332357857
The biggest problem is that every corporation is super sekrit because of spies, and every fresh character can't 1v10 because all of his stats haven't been VIP'd by his wallet yet.
>>
>>332359748
If Goons fall completely, and the alliance doesn't hold afterwards, actually pretty damn good.

As another guy described, it'll be the wild west.

Shit, you could probably make great money just providing resources right now.
>>
>>332359748
>>332359818
Doesn't /vg/ have a corp?
>>
>>332357551
I like how there was a massive conflict that sprang over a missed rental payment.
>>
>>332359886
>It's Russians living in shit tier space that no one else wants.

so just like real life?
>>
>>332359886
where is the imperium

i dont see them on that map
>>
>>332359963
Goons are the Imperium, they just rebranded.
>>
>>332359963
When they lost their ability to swarm.
Considering their main tactic for everything was to just flood it in bodies them losing players is devastating.
>>
>>332360034
All I hear about is how shit it is. You know what /vg/ is like
>>
>>332360091
ohh
>>
>>332360081
The entire top left is the Imperium. They're a coalition of alliances.
>>
>>332360173
People talking about games?
>>
>>332359690
Standdown alliance, not surrender. CO2 owns the space except one ihub out of 3 in s system. They are negotiating with the rest atm, heard CO2 I'd red to Goons blue to rest from my nullsec diplo
>>
>>332359472
>test alliance please ignore
Kek
>>
File: dennis.png (331 KB, 416x408) Image search: [Google]
dennis.png
331 KB, 416x408
>>332360227
Doesn't it just disgust you
>>
>>332360052
They actually are a lot like real life. Good allies that only work with the winning side
>>
>>332360081
As best as I understand it the imperium is a collection of alliances, otherwise it's just the official name given to the goons.
>>
>>332360173
Better than /v/
>>
File: 1457705112741.png (215 KB, 487x463) Image search: [Google]
1457705112741.png
215 KB, 487x463
>>332359472
>Shadow of xXDEATHXx
>Legion of xXDEATHXx
>DARKNESS
>>
File: Coalitioninfluence.png (671 KB, 1856x2048) Image search: [Google]
Coalitioninfluence.png
671 KB, 1856x2048
>>332359764
>>332360081
>>332360296
>>
>>332360386
Why can't you gain control of the middle area?
>>
>>332360353

It almost like EVE consist of nothing but sword wielding, trilby tipping trench coats and cargo shorts.
>>
How does one go about being a master EVE spy?

This sounds entertaining to me.
>>
>>332360353
It's Russians.

Not much more one can say.
>>
>>332360485

NPC empires.
>>
>>332360485
Space police
>>
>>332360485
Space owned by empire, can't capture it as its safespace for rest of people
>>
>>332360514
spend 2 years being a nobody that joins an alliance and ranks up.
>>
>>332359554
>What is bitcoin
Git gud.
>>
>>332360485
It's Empire space, aka NPC controlled.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iEpE53-n2s
what is the 4chan alliance doing? They're a PL associate
>>
So, if you go to

http://sov.space/

You can see the latest maps, and I assume the last update was BEFORE CO2 left the imperium, since they're still counted as part of it, but I want to know what the factional warfare and serenity maps are for. Why is the Serenity map full of moonrunes?
>>
>>332360008
Tritanium has spiked certain battlecruisers go for almost 100m in jita, moneymaking time is NOW
>>
File: lizard face.png (87 KB, 569x569) Image search: [Google]
lizard face.png
87 KB, 569x569
What exactly is EVE? This makes me want to play it.
>>
>>332360514

>Join a corp
>Gain trust and responsibility
>Proceed to shit all over said trust and responsibility
>>
>>332360792
space-themed autism simulator
>>
>>332360752
Chinese server,
>>
>>332360792
Space jews and political backstabbing sim.
>>
>>332354768
They dont actually cost thousands

thats just the eBay valuations
>>
>>332360792
Best space game to date.
>>
File: cheney-pupa2.jpg (51 KB, 274x360) Image search: [Google]
cheney-pupa2.jpg
51 KB, 274x360
>>332360008
>Shit, you could probably make great money just providing resources right now.

How do I get into shadow goverments, megabanking and wartime profiteering?
>>
>>332360514
Play game like job

Acquire power

Then quit one day dramatically

Its basically a virtual office shooting spree
>>
>>332359931
/v/ is a plague upon itself.

Every /vg/ guild in any game is circlejerking insular clique pseudo-drama bullshit
>>
>>332360792
Machiavelli and Rand in space
>>
>>332360792
spreadsheet simulator

Every time I here EVE news about these gigantic wars I always get the urge to play, but it never sticks.
>>
File: EVe online.jpg (44 KB, 480x384) Image search: [Google]
EVe online.jpg
44 KB, 480x384
>>332360792
dont
>>
>>332360792

spreadsheets in space
>>
>>332360792
Okay faggot, listen up.
Imagine opening up microsoft excel, right?
EXCEPT, IT'S IN SPACE
>>
Are they already fighting? Do we have a stream like the other great war?
>>
File: 716449190.jpg (9 KB, 254x200) Image search: [Google]
716449190.jpg
9 KB, 254x200
>You will never be an immortal clone roaming the stars looking for cash
>>
>>332360980
>/v/ sucks
>because of what a different board does
I think a /v/ corp would do better than whatever /vg/ shits out. /v/ looks down upon that kind of circlejerk
>>
>>332361110
Meme
>>
>>332360987
use a bot, you're wasting your time doing shit manually.
>>
>>332360957
>>332360008
>>332360774
>Price for resources skyrocket during the build up of a war
This is scarily accurate to real war
>>
>>332360386
Thanks m8.

And now those three bridging regions between the two alliences have either stood down or been beat right? I think i'm getting it.

What are the chances of "The Imperium" actually loosing this without it coming to a big stalemate? There's still a huge amount of area (and presumably alliance members) there.
>>
Stop listening to /v/. They wouldn't know what a spreadsheet simulator was if it bit them in the arse. Get a trial, get in a newb friendly corp, and see how you like it.
>>
>>332361110
Okay faggot, listen up.
Imagine opening up microsoft excel, right?
EXCEPT, IT'S IN SPACE
AND YOU zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>>
>>332360980
/v/ will never end up a powerhouse in a game but has the potential to be a major threat due to how cancerous it is.
/vg/ has gone on to do pretty well in some games.
Like warframe or GW2 but for the most part is a smallish group that occasional fucks someone into the ground then dissapears for a while
>>
>>332361158
The /vg/ alliance is White Stag exit bag.
Oruze Cruise and 1488 are the best corps.
All-Out is made up of people who are completely new to the game or bad that they let in for fun, and Oruze tries to mentor
>>
>>332361363
yeah well thanks for the info that's actually the first time I've ever heard someone not shit on /vg/ corps
>>
>>332361258
Depends on who defects, if the corps in the corner decided to betray the imperium they'll be fighting a war on two fronts.
>>
>>332361265
You do know the whole "spreadsheet simulator" meme predates all of 4chan, right? And for good reason.
>>
File: tumblr_lxibhgyWqw1qcr6iqo1_1280.jpg (148 KB, 639x475) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxibhgyWqw1qcr6iqo1_1280.jpg
148 KB, 639x475
>>332361242
War is a business, and business is booming.
>>
>>332361506
No, not for good reason at all. Have you played the game in the last 4 months? It's a lot easier to get into than ever right now.
>>
>>332361347
its mostly because people who take pride in being associated with /v/ in games are usually 12 years old, which causes divisiveness cause a sensible nigga aint about that life.
>>
>>332361478
That's because Oruze Cruise people have been playing the game for a few years (most of them were ex-Tengoo) and are actually competent
Four Teens Eighty Apes is the remnant of the Pizza nullsec alliance, which in itself was the remnant of Broski Enterprises, which was the 4chan null alliance YEARS ago. So /v/ and /vg/ are all in White Stag now
>>
>>332361258

They are outnumbered heavily now. People have had enough of Mittani thinking hes the hero/big boss of this game. With CO2 presumably switching sides the numbers are now 2-1 against them. Other alliances are expected to fold in a vain attempt to hold what they can.
>>
>>332361242
>tfw got into the production game about a month ago

Not only do I profit off of the military industrial complex in real life, I come home and make space shekels off of a fake war too.
>>
>>332361770
Oh so that's what happened to broski. It's hard to keep up with all of this. Which sucks because this shit is really interesting to me, besides the time investment of playing it
>>
>>332360514
There was an old story about a huge heist that occurred as a result of a long ruse executed by Guiding Hand Social Club

http://www.pcgamer.com/murder-incorporated-ten-months-of-deception-for-one-kill-in-eve-online/
>>
>>332360792
Don't listen to the spreadsheets in space meme, give the trial a shot. It's free so it doesn't hurt to try.
>>
MEMEDALOR ALIVE IN WHITE STAG
TIM MAKE FAST RAP INSIDE WORMHOLE
REMOVE REYNI
>>
>>332362118
If you get hooked, you can actually trade ISK for pilot's licenses ingame, which is essentially subscription time. If you find a helpful newbie corp, most of them will help you make that money, or will sponsor you.
>>
File: VT_01.png (932 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
VT_01.png
932 KB, 960x720
What about space trucking.
>>
Is EVE online Serious Business: The MMO?
This looks like it's a few universes above the average korean grindfest MMO
>>
File: 1458965086541.jpg (901 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1458965086541.jpg
901 KB, 3840x2160
>>332351835
Somehow even in this hideous zombified SJW form goons still manage to absolutely infuriate manchildren

it's fucking beautiful, god bless you fat fools
>>
>>332362481
Worst career choice ever, just above mining.
>>
FOR AUTISTS INTERESTED IN TRYING

ALL-OUT IS THE NEWBIE CORP FOR 4CHAN
You can also join EVE Uni
The Doomed from the Start channel is for the 4chan alliance
http://pastebin.com/SJyUJsmM This is a 21 day trial
good luck
>>
>>332362336
Any hope for someone to get a PLEX within the four hour emergency period?
I'm interested in trying the game again but am currently broke, too broke even for the 10 days for $5 deal they're peddling
>>
>>332362481

Space pirates will try to gank you at every oppertunity,
>>
wormhole space > nullsec
>>
>>332362118
This is true
And if you can, get a friend to invite you. If you like the game and subscribe, they'll get a free Plex.
>>
>>332357464
There's always shady Russians anon.
>>
>>332362643
Very serious, real life professions such as analytics help. Player driven economy, with almost no injection of isk to push or pull
>>
>>332362716
So what's the best choice then
>>
Is eve politics at the highest level interesting from a historical point of view? Are there famous figureheads with personalities?

I wanna read about real life Yang Wen-liorReinhardvon Lohengramm
>>
>>332362481
there are corps out there that actively do protection for hire on freight runs across nullsec
>>
>>332363150
that sounds fucking awesome
>>
>>332363059
Is it balls-deep free market? I bet a dedicated economist could write a paper or two about this
>>
>>332362865
More like I can't handle mid sized gangs and I make tons of isk before getting a torp up your ass by a sb while running sites or raped by an astero.

But keep up the t3 and lucrative wh market whbro. Proteus fleet ain't gonna work without your help!
>>
>>332362717
Aw hell. I'll probably try it out. Thanks for the tip, anon.
>>
File: 0 percent mad.jpg (106 KB, 640x718) Image search: [Google]
0 percent mad.jpg
106 KB, 640x718
>>332362717
thanks
>>332363132
a few, but some like the mitanni are just shitheads in good positions
>>
File: 1318911688704.png (10 KB, 635x773) Image search: [Google]
1318911688704.png
10 KB, 635x773
>always wanted to participate in EVE space drama
>too retarded and not enough willpower to sit down and learn the game and play it
>>
File: RT_Sarvus_Trask.jpg (552 KB, 973x1426) Image search: [Google]
RT_Sarvus_Trask.jpg
552 KB, 973x1426
>>332362768
>>332362716

In that case I'd rather just be a space pirate or privateer.
>>
>>332363323
>nullsec carebear
rofl

>>332363346
dont forget you need to grind skillpoints afk for years
>>
>>332363294
Yes, capitalism hardcore, either make isk or u can't do crap. Insurance for t1 ships exist and the rest, but they won't pay out. Entire game revolves around it. Sovereignty=isk mining fields
>>
File: 1455546739813.jpg (126 KB, 1092x1037) Image search: [Google]
1455546739813.jpg
126 KB, 1092x1037
>>332362717

>tfw Tengoo is dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWYuNaJ_8zs
>>
>>332363412
>nullsec
>carebear
Pick one, and one only warpstab magnate.
>>
>>332351835
I don't want to play this game but I always love hearing news about the shit that goes down within the eve community
>>
>>332363346
I started to learn, got my own mining barge and a decent combat ship for shooting strong npc pirates, figured out how all the fittings and th local market worked.

I just don't like the idea of having to be at the constant beck and call of an autistic armchair general. I'm sure it's not everyone, but i've heard some of these guys in streams and recordings, and they sound so far up their own ass it's untrue.
>>
>this thread
>this game
>>
>>332363551
>tengoo dead
Tengoo became Oruze.
tim, mandelor, julius, ryan gooseling, phil, thom, zey kaile, maqari all the original guys are there
>>
>>332363630
That's high management, they are always like that. Grassroot mining leaders are chill bros
>>
>>332363150
protip: don't rob any freighters from the larger alliances, they WILL find you, and they WILL kill you
>>
File: 1458741827488.jpg (44 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
1458741827488.jpg
44 KB, 620x372
/eog/ claims this game has either 30k players online right now, or 30k active subs

what the fucking fuck shit fuck whaqt what the fuck

this game is so old and autistic there's NO FUCKING WAY more than a few thousand people play it

what the FUCK is the total sub count

>oh wait it's all people 12 boxing XDD
>>
>>332363714
Sorry wrong image
>>
File: 1415958147331.jpg (36 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
1415958147331.jpg
36 KB, 400x343
>just smart enough to be really excited by all the intrigue and complexity this game has in it

>too stupid to actually get involved and play it
>>
File: lmao bads only.jpg (254 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
lmao bads only.jpg
254 KB, 2197x1463
>eve online
nice leffen-less tournament simulator

>>332363979
more like not NEET enough
>>
>>332363858
http://nosygamer.blogspot.com/2015/03/how-many-subscriptions-does-eve-online.html
tl;dr around 300k paying (but maybe not active subs) as of last year
>>
>>332363979
It's not hard to play. The hardest part is getting over not being sociable
>>
>>332364052
bullshjit

mega
giga bullshit

the vast majority must be multiboxing or perhaps slav subhumans
>>
>>332363858
There were 36k logged in earlier: http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Of course a good few thousand of those would have been people multiboxing, but still. That ain't bad.
>>
File: 1452825829767.jpg (188 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
1452825829767.jpg
188 KB, 500x502
>>332364078
ha, why even bother
>>
>>332353197
youre dumb if they get attacked then the attackers look like dicks and then the attacked have every right to call them assholes for their shit up to this point because why would they attack if all that was said about them wasnt true?
>>
>>332363979
The only hard part about eve is tricking yourself into thinking it's fun
>>
Knowing it's EVE, this seems like one of those things the lowest of lowly nerds argue over make it seem big when in reality the "big war", "backstabbing between alliances", "muh politics" is nothing but word swapping and data looking while waiting for their in-game ships to drift 10 space light miles in over three days.
>>
>>332364112
>people buy multiple subs for characters
no shit, it's just number of active subbed ACCOUNTS not players. There is no way to tell players
>>
>>332364078
not sure if joke at playerbase or legit suggestion
>>
>>332364078
This is why I can't play desu

I just... can't speak to people online. Never been something i'm good at, at this point probably never will be.
>>
>>332364246
>word swapping and data looking while waiting for their in-game ships to drift 10 space light miles in over three days.
>I have never played eve online or know even bare setup of the game the post
>>
>>332364246
With 3-4k pilots in s single fight today, and imperium getting btfoed as the snakes they are, its not word twisting or some crap
>>
>>332360792
Yearly war where everyone farms and prepare for the onslaught.
>>
>>332364336
I still auto-generated emails from the game asking me to come back. Ain't I special?
>>
File: Hotglue.png (381 KB, 634x644) Image search: [Google]
Hotglue.png
381 KB, 634x644
So basically CO2 is starting a war with Imperiums / Goons?
What are the odds of CO2 doing some actual damage?
Any chance that other factions will take advantage and help CO2 fuck up the biggest faction of the game then fuck CO2's shit up?
How many news articles about autistic digital battles worth gorillions of dollaridoos worth in "damage" will pop up?
Why the fuck are they announcing an attack?
>>
MACHARIELS WILL GO UP IN PRICE+CERBS BUY KNOW SHIT MIGHT GO DOWN IN VALE
>>
>>332364401
Is there some magical place I can go to hear about updates as they happen?
>>
>>332364572
Shutup John and just die already
>>
>>332359943
They're either renters or protectorates of other alliances who allow them to stay in the territory as long as they pay.
>>
>>332364497
I think it's more CO2 dropping out of the imperium while in the middle of a war and possibly attacking their former allies.
>>
>>332364497
probably announcing in hopes that a bunch of people will join in, it's the only way to spread the information, there's no way the entire server would keep quiet and not tell before the fight anyway.
>>
>>332364613
Gaia has some cool happening threads
>>
>>332364497
No, it's CO2 getting sick of Goons and their backstabbing. They left due to Goons being snakes and not assisting blues and being crybabies due to muh cyno jammer trap. And wrath of IB and IWI banwave
>>
>>332364497
I think it's more an announcement of neutrality. From what I can read CO2 haven't decided if they're joining the war yet or just standing down. I guess they'll be talking to the other alliance a lot right now.
>>
File: extendo loli.webm (153 KB, 380x318) Image search: [Google]
extendo loli.webm
153 KB, 380x318
>>332364497
sauce
>>
>>332364613
Unless you play eve then no, those are mine and my nullsec diplo/fleet estimates from local chat etc. Mitani might talk about it, but mitani is one-sided sometime
>>
File: x3.png (1 MB, 982x1189) Image search: [Google]
x3.png
1 MB, 982x1189
>>332364320
luckily this exists
>>
File: 1445643942897.gif (854 KB, 493x387) Image search: [Google]
1445643942897.gif
854 KB, 493x387
>capitalizing on dumb alliance wars by shipping tons of vital war goods to embattled areas
>make tons of dosh
>>
>>332359818
>leader

Get out newfag
>>
>>332364756
It's almost like I'm in 2005 again!
>>
>managed to buy a PLEX off of free time because of this stupid shit
lel
keep it coming boys
>>
>>332359748
Everyone on /v/ with actual talent for leading a corp already did it and left years ago.

rip broski
>>
>>332355928
Some cost up to 10,000
>>
File: 1459218452364.jpg (354 KB, 661x1713) Image search: [Google]
1459218452364.jpg
354 KB, 661x1713
>>332365149
What is all-out?
>>
>>332365175
10,000 dollars for slow space ships in vast nothingness and some spreadsheets?
>>
>>332365327
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB
>>
File: 4u.jpg (42 KB, 283x370) Image search: [Google]
4u.jpg
42 KB, 283x370
>>332364879
/g/308776/c9763a6980/
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.