[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mario Party 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: mary partridge 10.jpg (192 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mary partridge 10.jpg
192 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong?
>>
>>332328232
The Call of Duty principle.
Too many of them, too little to offer.
>>
And the fact that nobody ever gave a fuck, let alone /v/.
>>
>>332328232
Ironically enough, they changed the formula.
>>
File: grr.jpg (4 KB, 93x134) Image search: [Google]
grr.jpg
4 KB, 93x134
ALL THEY HAD TO DO
WAS MAKE THE EXACT SAME TYPE OF MARIO PARTY GAME AS PREVIOUS TITLES
I DON'T EVEN GIVE A FUCK IF THE GAMES WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ORIGINAL
JUST MAKE IT THE SAME, BUT WITH ONLINE COMPATIBILITY
>>
Vroom vroom
>>
>>332329807

90% of the people would disconnect after someone else gets the first star, or even after the first mini-game.
>>
>>332330412
There are tons of systems you can input in place to minimise that though.
>>
>Bowser mode didn't have nearly as much content as it should have
>The new car mode just isn't interesting enough to keep going back to like the original mode was
>Amiibo mode didn't need to exist

Still an alright game but it just doesn't have the same strong appeal the old ones had.
>>
Last MP game I played was 8, can you tell me what they changed that made 10 so bad?
>>
>>332331342
>Last MP game I played was 8

9 and 10 had the car, easily the worst addition to Mario Party.

Instead of individual players moving across the board, everyone sat in a vehicle and traveled in a straight line to the finish that was interrupted only occasionally by minigames and boss fights.
>>
Cars
Amiibo
no online multiplayer
>>
>>332330412
That's how it was in Fortune Street on the Wii.

Somebody gets a property, game dropped.
>>
>>332330578
Like...?
>>
>Car pool
>Like only 4 boards
>Amiibo are Mario universe compatible only.
>>
>>332332836
>>332332836
>car on straight line
How do you win a star then? The best thing about MP were the boards being large and complex, the straight line ones are the worst.

Which Mario Party game was the best?
Are there any other games that can fill the void?
>>
>>332333243
Play with friends you know aren't faggots
>>
>>332333972
>How do you win a star then?
Anon... stars are no longer there...
>>
>>332334537
...but...but thats the whole point of the game. The whole reason for playing MP is watching the light die from my little brother's face when I get those bonus stars on top of what I already had.
...Goddammit Nintendo, first no Zelda on Wii U and now this? I don't know why I keep coming back
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.