[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one here who really did enjoy DS2? I completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: osnohiruircex3nockf8.jpg (146 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
osnohiruircex3nockf8.jpg
146 KB, 940x529
Am I the only one here who really did enjoy DS2? I completely understand and agree that they got lazy, but it was still enjoyable and I still love playing it.
>>
The only good things about that turd were Fume Knight and Burnt Ivory King.
>>
>>332327554
the only thing i hated about it was the shitty level design and atmosphere
>>
I liked being able to roll diagonally and still put hundreds of hours into it despite it being the weakest of the souls games.

For me it was still a great game, just weaker than it's predecessor.
>>
>>332327923
also ugly as fuck armor and stupid enemy design
>>
I am completely burnt out on ds1 but can still play through ds2 sotfs and enjoy it. Aldia is a pretty cool guy and the new ending is good. Dlc areas are nice too
>>
just felt a little floatier than das1 and faggots like to pretend it was the death knell for the entire game
>>
Nah, I like it too. Better than the first Dark Souls even
>>
so is dark souls 3 better than dark souls 2?

at least in the boss department?
>>
>>332327554
I really liked it, just not as much as DaS1
It got right some things and wrong anothers but overall it was an enjoyable game.
>>
>>332327554
compared to all the other shit games it was an actual good game just not as good as the first one. still play every single souls game to this day.
>>
>>332327554
Playing DS 1 and 2 back to back, 2 is freaking clunky in the general movements and all the enemies track you with pinpoint accuracy, and the hitboxes are shit
>>
>>332327554
No, I have at least 200 hours in it.
>>
>>332327554
No, I thought it was better than 1. It's regarded as a good game everywhere outside of /v/. People here just bandwagon way too hard.
>>
>>332328082
this. i did about 6 playthroughs and got the plat trophy and have been burned out on it ever since. i still love it it death, but i feels like a chore now that i did and saw everything there is to see and do. even spent a few hundred hours doing pvp so even that got stale. ive only gone through ds2 3 times.
>>
>>332327923
Shitty level design? There were areas in this I loved much better than in DS1
>>
>>332327554
i enjoyed it but it was still a letdown compared to 1, op
>>
>>332328376
>enemies track you with pinpoint accuracy
That's a good thing. The enemies were a joke in DaS1.
>>
>>332328376
yeah, you can blame adaptability for this. i think you need at least 20 for your rolls to be comparable to dark souls. however if you buff it up and buff up attunement your rolling and moving better than before.
>>
>>332327554
Game becomes enjoyable once you have 32 ADP.
>>
>>332328924
oh and to add, your equip load actually effects your movespeed, rolling distance and stamina regen, where in dark souls there was just teirs to decide your roll.
>>
>>332327554
The fighting system and hollowing system did it for me only finished it twice but its still a good game.
>>
Never played 1 and still haven't played 3. Thought 2 was pretty great, though.
>>
I like some of the music, otherwise it was a waste of money.
>>
It's my least favorite of the souls series, emphasis on the favorite, I thoroughly enjoyed every souls games.

My biggest issue was with the mocapped animations and how a lot of attacks felt like they lacked any real weight or inertia behind them. Also random design decisions like life gems or despawning enemies or soul memory
>>
>>332329053
>not getting 20 ADP and 20ATT

no diminishing returns for the same effect + you can bring a few spells for utility. pyromancy has no int or fth requirements and shit like magic weapon and the heals have pretty low requirements not to mention you can incense them even lower.
>>
It's a complete meme to say this I know, but DaS2 is a great example of 'It's a good game, but a bad X game.' It's such a downturn in a lot of areas from 1, but even then it was still better then 90% of games in that year. The DLC being great certainly helped. Fuck that 'make us pay for the same game twice for new enemies BS' though.
>>
>>332328291
no one is going to answer that honestly in this thread
>>
nah 2 is hot garbage
>>
>>332329326
exactly
>>
>>332327554
I think it has a solid first half. It becomes a linear borefest once you hit Drangleic Castle.

Kinda like Anor Londo in DS1
>>
File: suicide.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
suicide.webm
3 MB, 960x540
It's my favorite Souls game.
>>
i liked some parts a lot and some parts not so much. i think people would have liked it as much as dark souls if the bosses wernt so shit for the most part
>>
File: TordEnd.jpg (18 KB, 638x358) Image search: [Google]
TordEnd.jpg
18 KB, 638x358
>Liking DaS2
>>
I hate how empty and clean the world in DaS and DaS2 is. Bloodborne did this way better and DaS3 does this pretty good too.
>>
>>332329273
>random design decisions like life gems or despawning enemies
Have you never played a Fromsoft game prior to DaS1?
>>
>>332328567
the level design was great, the world design was shit. I think that's what he meant.
>>
>>332327554

I enjoyed it, and it doesn't deserve as much hate as it gets, but too many of the areas had a Depths/Blighttown feel. Hunter's Copse, Harvest Valley, Brightstone Cove, etc. all had the lifeless, uncomfortable vibe going on
>>
>>332329632

rip Edd.
>>
the only two things that really kill DS2 are ADP and that the map is complete shit. If your big into PvP, soul memory is shit.
>>
>>332329326
I just know it killed all my interest in the series, particularly the bullshots and other lies.
>>
Whats wrong with soul memory? I only know that it puts players into tiers based on their total souls acquired. What else?
>>
>>332330182
Nothing

It allows for very wide connection range and they even expanded it further a couple times

It also doesn't care about ng+ or not
>>
>>332329326
But it's a direct improvement, so it makes DaS1 look like the 'bad souls game'. Just because it's not the exact same as 1 doesn't mean it doesn't belong in the series. It's more similar to From's previous works than DaS1 ever was, anyway.
>>
>>332327554
DS2 is the one I find myself playing more often. Not sure why, I think maybe because it's definitely an easier game to just breeze through and try out different builds.

I think also because what I loved so much about DS1 was playing it for the first time, the apprehension etc.
>>
File: 1457068669762.jpg (117 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457068669762.jpg
117 KB, 1440x1080
>>332330182
If you have the misfortune of finding a hacker you can get separated from a friend and become basically unable to play together. Hacker throwing himself off a cliff and giving you 100 levels will fuck up any chance you have of getting matched with a friend.

Also it punishes people who are bad really hard, if they lose any souls at all then those are essentially lost levels they can never recover and they will only get farther and farther behind people who are better and they will forever be at a disadvantage in pvp.

This in turn leads to pvp having less people participating, overall killing it. Also basically punishes you if you want to help out other players for awhile by being a sunbro, eventually making it so you no longer get paired up with anyone in that area for matchmaking.
>>
>>332330182
That's all. It lumps everyone together past a certain Soul Memory, ensuring you get plenty of matches and cutting down on the cliquey bullshit from DaS1. It was actually a really good change from 1, but people use it as an excuse to complain when they get wrecked by somebody better than them in PvP.
>>
>>332330182
Someone who wanted to stock up on arrows or accumulated souls for any other purpose other than leveling would get matched up with assumingly more powerful foes.
>>
>>332330182
its based of souls gained and not souls spent is my biggest gripe. you could be soul level 30 but not get matched with anyone because you permamently lost some souls after a boss or two. or if you decide to spend a bunch on arrows. it would be a lot better if it was tied to how many souls were spent leveling up and upgrading your gear. and lastly, if your a sunbro you cant just hang out and help people with bosses to level your covenant because after one or two you will move past the tier that a majority of people are doing it at. it makes sunbro one of the harder covenants to level.

everyone else is just mad they cant twink out and rolf stomp lowbies in the early areas.
>>
>>332327554
No, it wasn't that bad.
Though I'll admit it lacks in the fashion department, but I don't really care about that.
I go barechested anyway.
>>
File: 1409450455054.jpg (15 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1409450455054.jpg
15 KB, 200x250
>>332327554
>hey guys look how unique i am
>I'm the one that likes DS2 because i'm ignoring all the faults of the game and using the buzzword "fun"
>look at me, im making a thread about it!

I want this meme to end
>>
One major flaw of it is they didn't do cloud saves like in DaS for some reason.
>>
>>332330637
>This in turn leads to pvp having less people participating, overall killing it.
It does the exact opposite of that by taking everyone who likes to PvP and putting them together instead of separating them based on when they decided to stop leveling. DaS2 still has a more thriving PvP community than DaS1 ever did.
>>
>>332327780
>Forgetting based mother fucking velstadt
>>
Why do DS2 players insist on having this fucking discussion every single day?
>>
>>332327554
I think it's fun in a Super Meat Boy kind of way. You get fucked in unfair ways a lot, but at the same time it's really entertaining trying to memorize all of those dumb scenarios and mastering them. Then you can show off to your friends. "Check it out. There's a fucking faggot hiding around this corner. Thinks he's too slick for my NG+7 ass."
>>
File: 1410601033971.jpg (29 KB, 630x391) Image search: [Google]
1410601033971.jpg
29 KB, 630x391
>>332329669
Yeah, From got their shit together with the new engine though.
>>
I played it more than DaS.
>>
I liked a decent amount of their gameplay changes. Stuff like power stance were great as well as some of the stat changes. The problem is that it's a very unpolished game and a lot of the content feels like they just threw stuff into a blender. There's no rhyme or reason to any of the levels, nothing feels like a really clever world. Nothing about the world or enemies strikes me as all that memorable.
>>
>>332327554
You're not wrong, OP. I played DS2 first and then played DS1. People that say DS2 is easier or what have you just say that because they were better at playing Souls games when they played 2 than when they played 1.

DS2 did encumbrance, fast travel, crafting, PVP, and loads other things better than DS1. Combat was smoother and you had more precise controls coming out of a roll.

Everything interconnected, but the game didn't make you constantly walk through places you had been. There was much less unnecessary back treading and more time spent playing the actual game.

People say it was short, but I definitely got my money's worth in just my first play through.

People also rip on the story, but I enjoyed it. A lot of it probably has to do with them not understanding the lore. The continual cycle of kingdoms rising and falling, of the curse spreading, and the next king linking the flame that suggests the Chosen Undead was merely just one in the long line that spans eternity going back to the First Sin is very compelling. That the Bearer of the Curse is also just the next in line, but how he also sees the inevitability of it all and how the flame always fades in the end and needs to be linked again, how he learns that the Kings of the past were all manipulated and maneuvered, and having to choose between continuing the cycle or (attempting to) let it end.

It adds to much to the hopelessness and depression of the world.

In DS1, you meet a lot of people trying to link the flame. In DS2, we learn that people have been doing it since time immemorial and will likely continue to do so unless the flame is allowed to finally go out.

Vendrick chose to not link the flame, as can the Bearer of the Curse.

In Dark Souls 3 (from just the trailers), it seems the world is even closer to seeing the flame go out.

I think both work together to paint a very vivid and fascinating picture. I think a lot of people don't do it justice.
>>
File: 1455656348687.jpg (73 KB, 685x644) Image search: [Google]
1455656348687.jpg
73 KB, 685x644
DaS2 belongs in the trash with all the literally retarded fuckwits that like it
>>
File: 1409992258570.jpg (20 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
1409992258570.jpg
20 KB, 480x300
>>332327554
DLC is gud, PvP was fun, powerstancing was fun. Other than that it took a gigantic step back from DaS and that's just disappointing. It's ok.
>>
>>332333176
They know they're the most irrelevant souls fandom now and that even the creators admit that DaS2 was a huge mistake.
DaS3 is the real DaS2 - the what should have been.
>>
PvE was 4/10, PvP was 9/10

I really hope ds3 has the same amount of build variety
>>
>>332334574
It's looking like it, having dual wield weapons be their own class has made for some interesting movesets. There are like 2 different greatswords you can get really early on with unique movesets on them too so it's looking like there will be more weapons that aren't just 'longsword w/ a different model'. I am excited.
>>
>>332327554
It got fun many, many, many hours later. Too bad it was already listed online at that point, and sold shortly after
>>
>>332328291

Yes.
I loved 2, but 3s bosses are already wayyy more memorable. And the level design is tops.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.