[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am so fucking done with PC gaming. Shit simply does not work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1381279208735.png (3 KB, 184x172) Image search: [Google]
1381279208735.png
3 KB, 184x172
I am so fucking done with PC gaming. Shit simply does not work as intended. Right now I downloaded SOMA from gog and tried to play it, but I can't because this fucking piece of shit game has massive screen tearing and weird framerate fluctuations. I spent 30 minutes trying to fix it but it doesn't matter if I turn on vsync, leave it off, force it on the drivers, cap the framerate to 60 or 30 or 59, this fucking game has massive framerate drops and screen tearing. I have a GTX560Ti which is more than enough to run the game (not that changing the graphics makes any difference with the tearing).

Gaming on PC is just bullshit, games don't work properly and have all sorts of weird issues. I can't even remember when was the last time I played a PC game without all kinds of weird issues that ruined my experience. Fucking hell, even emulated games run better than native PC games. Googling for the issue brings up the usual neverending stream of nvm i fixed it, i pm u the fix, and weird tweaks that make no difference. I'm sick of this shit.

I was undecided to buy a 970 to upgrade my PC or a PS4, but after this last straw, I guess the choice is obvious.
>>
>>332325013
ok
>>
File: 1432201658677.jpg (4 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1432201658677.jpg
4 MB, 3840x2160
>>332325013
>getting mad over the fact you can't launch video games like a retard
>>
File: 44657564533224.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
44657564533224.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
Just get a PS4
>>
>>332325698
Nigger I've been playing PC games since the fucking Vodoo cards with Direct3D were the hottest shit. Nowdays all games have glitches, graphical issues, all kinds of bugs, unoptimized performance even on top tier cards, amd vs nvidia shit, denuvo and more. PC gaming is just shit and not as good as it was before. Not to mention most PC games are console ports, and the few native PC games run like shit, just take a look at Soma.
>>
OP I'm not having any problems with any of my games, something's fucked with your rig and you've been ignoring it for a long time.
>>
>>332325013
I know the feeling
and add to that being forced to choose between win7 and 10
i dont know if i even want to upgrade my computer if this is the future im preparing it for
>>
>I can't even remember when was the last time I played a PC game without all kinds of weird issues that ruined my experience.

Damn. I did that today. I am sure one lucky faggot not having all the problems you have.
>>
>>332325013
I've literally never had a problem with gaming on PC that wasn't fixed by verifying the game cache through Steam.

It's been so smooth for me that I'm honestly confused when people say they have issues. My build is about 6 years outdated so if modern games aren't optimized out the gate I have to play on cataract mode, but I never felt like I was missing anything for it.
>>
>>332326484
Don't. Stick with your win7. AAA games are not worth it anyway, and many new indie releases still support winXP, so there's no pressure.
>>
>>332326170

I hate to break it to you, but gaming in general is shit these days.
>>
File: Laugh24.jpg (78 KB, 340x314) Image search: [Google]
Laugh24.jpg
78 KB, 340x314
>Mfw I don't remember the last time I had any problems with a PC game
Works fine on my machine :^)
>>
>>332325013
Sorry, PC isn't for retards that can't into simple troubleshooting.
>>
>>332326653
thing is i bought an xbone controller
its the new version with the 3.5 mm headphone jack
microsoft has blatantly BLOCKED it in win7 but it works plug and play in win10
the old xbone controller works in 7 but mine is broken
>>
>>332325013
Mac OS might be more up your alley.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCEQZ_4V7NY
>>
>>332325013
SOMA is trash anon
>>
SOMA is fucking awful
>>
>>332325013
Do you by any chance have a multimonitor setup?
>>
>>332326039
Fucking this.
Thread/
>>
>>332326170
>I've been playing PC games since the fucking Vodoo cards with Direct3D were the hottest shit. Nowdays all games have glitches, graphical issues, all kinds of bugs.
You're a huge fucking liar.
You really expect me to believe your shit when everybody knows D3D was utter SHIT that fucking wrecked peoples' PCs and didn't get decent until dx8.
>>
PC gaming being technically challenging is basically a DOS era meme.
>>
>>332325013
Better quit PC gaming and buy a ps4 OP, also
>upgrading to a 970
Already under specced nigga
>>
I'm with you OP, I grew up on PC gaming and could spend hours tweaking settings or locating patches or whatever other bullshit trying to stabilize the framerate and make every little hiccup disappear, but it's not worth the time anymore, it's rare that a game just works as intended, and it's not worth spending any significant cash on PC hardware just to get an enduser experience that's inferior to damn Wii U games with virtually flawless framerates.

The only PC games I play anymore are indies that aren't likely to be ported to consoles, and even if they have pixelshit graphics they still frequently run like ass.
>>
I seriously can't remember the last time I encountered an issue on PC that wasn't fixable in some way. Meanwhile, console games almost always have framerate issues or frame pacing issues that can't you can't fix by tweaking settings or applying fixes and whatnot.
Why is /v/ full of retards?
>>
>>332325013
>GTX560Ti
>>
File: 84723197.jpg (43 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
84723197.jpg
43 KB, 640x425
>>332329795
>TFW I have the same card
>everything runs fine.
>>
>>332327006
We shouldnt even have to do "simple troubleshooting" in the first place.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.