[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is well and truly the hardest JRPG out there. Providing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: bravely default.jpg (56 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
bravely default.jpg
56 KB, 500x457
This is well and truly the hardest JRPG out there. Providing you actually play on hard mode.

>B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but you can break the game with x job

First of all, pretty much all of those jobs come at the end of the game. Bravely Default is hard from start to finish. Not just the bosses either, the fucking random encounters are aggravatingly difficult. Why are random shitty trash monsters allowed to 1 shot my characters through default?

Are there any other JRPG's that compete with this game in terms of difficulty? Hell, does Bravely Second even compare with this game in terms of difficulty?

When I think back at the bosses that cause me issues, I can see numerous of the fuckers in my head. It's not just "oh this one guy is difficult but the rest are pushovers", naw nigger, it's like half of the bosses are a pain in the ass to deal with.
>>
Etrian Odyssey Untold Classic on hard mode
>>
>Game where any challenge can be overcome by going back and grinding a bit
>Hard

And yes I played on Hard mode.
>>
>>332313873
Is the braverly series anything more than recycled garbage with a recycled engine/assets of the ff3 remake? Easily the most boring series currently out there
>>
>>332314092
>Plays hard mode
>Spends his time grinding the challenge away

lmao at your life
>>
>>332314092
>not disabling exp
I ended the game at level 69.
>>
>>332313873
Persona 3 is about the most difficult turn based rpg I can think of. Even then it is still easy if you grind. Beyond that all that comes to mind I turn based strategy games.
>>
>>332313873
I played hard mode and I only had to grind once at the beginning, everything else was a cakewalk
>>
I enjoyed BD for its music and art, but it was nothing more than FF5 reimagined. The huge variety of combinations of skills and traits you could have were made trivial by most of them being useless compared to cheesier combinations

What I really liked was the 4x battle speed. It really simplified the grind process and I hope more JRPGs implement something similar in the future. Let's call a spade a spade, grinding is boring as hell
>>
File: wizardry4.jpg (96 KB, 584x892) Image search: [Google]
wizardry4.jpg
96 KB, 584x892
>>332314414
>P3 is the most difficult tyrn based rpg I played

eh underage.....
>>
>>332314338
level 69?
what was 1,1,5,6 too hard for you so you [spoilers]grinded?[/spoilers]
>>
>>332313873
All SE jrpgs are designed with grinding in mind
>>
>>332313873
If you don't know the mechanics very well chrono cross is difficult. If you understand the system it's not bad at all though.
>>
>>332313873
>I have never played an SMT game in my life
>>
>>332314936
wizardry games are literally broken, comparing their difficulty to anything other than other wizardry games is pointless
>>
>>332314936
90% of gamers over age 25 haven't even played that
>>
>>332315048
I've played literally every single SMT game.
None of them are anywhere near as hard as this.

Having a handful of somewhat difficult bossfights does not compare to an entire game full of of them, with random encounters that can also, very easily, wipe your entire party in 1 turn.
>>
>>332315004
No idea what you're referring to.
>>
>>332313873
BD is hard? Persona 4 is harder and that game is a walk in the park. Stupid sp drink refills made it even easier and I didn't have to buy any more than the auto refills.
>>
>>332315249
Random encounters can wipe your party before you even get a turn in IV, I and II had enemies that could steal levels from you and every game in the series has enemies with instadeath spells. Beyond that, both Nocturne and IV have hard modes which you haven't played if you still think BD hard mode is harder.
>>
>>332315187
>wizardry games are literally broken
>I don't know what I'm talking about
>>
What an awful thread.
>>
>>332315709
IV only had hard mode in new game plus and Nocturne's hard mode was a localization only mode that was badly made by just making a bunch of numbers go up for the sake of artificial difficulty.
>>
>>332316114
>that was badly made by just making a bunch of numbers go up for the sake of artificial difficulty.
sounds exactly like every single other JRPG hardmode every made, including Bravely Default

in fact considering all the complaining in the OP i'd call bravely default's hard mode badly made by just making a bunch of numbers go up for the sake of artificial difficulty
>>
>>332316102
Threads regarding difficulty are always awful.
No matter what game you play, no matter how easy or hard it is, you will always find the thread full of anons trying to impress other anons by saying they found it easy.

Rinse repeat for 500 posts
>>
>>332313873
I beat the 6 dragons and got stuck on the vampire and then I learned what the sp drink does. First time I used it and I took him down and knew that he was the most difficult the game would have to offer.
>>
>>332316114
>that was badly made by just making a bunch of numbers go up for the sake of artificial difficulty.
you mean like bravely default?

>>332315748
if having beaten 2-6 means i don't know what i'm talking about then yeah i guess i'm totally ignorant on the series
>>
>>332316361
its not our fault you suck at games anon
>>
>>332316852
nuh uh, you suck
>>
>>332313873
Not really. There are plenty much much harder ones like Nocturne, while also being enjoyable.

Bravely Default is just a mess of a game, and is fucking boring. I would rather play a classic FF game than BD.
>>
>>332316114
>Nocturne's hard mode was a localization only mode that was badly made by just making a bunch of numbers go up for the sake of artificial difficulty.
Raising numbers in an RPG can drastically change how content works in practice. Look at how incredibly fucking shitty poison is in most FF games, then go look at it in SMT or SaGa, where it's nearly six times as dangerous per tick.

The problem is when raising numbers doesn't change the necessary strategies or doesn't raise the execution barrier, like in shit games like Oblivion or Skyrim.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.