[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Ass Creed series pretty much dead at this point?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: creed.jpg (409 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
creed.jpg
409 KB, 1300x1300
Is the Ass Creed series pretty much dead at this point?
>>
yep
>>
looks like it bro

look at this shit: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/previews/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-video-hands-on-preview/
>>
>>332312945
Why do they keep removing the hooked hood?

You can practically chart how the visual design of the assassins becomes more confused and cluttered from Altair onward.
>>
>>332312945
It went bad after Brotherhood but unity was the bullet to the head.
>>
>>332314295

Unity took steps in the right direction.

While black flag was fun the naval combat it a side distraction that got boring after 20 or so hours.

Until put the emphasis back on assassinations while strengthening the extremely weak stealth systems that previously existed.

It had bugs galore but after the bugs were fixed the gameplay was a marked improvement. This says nothing for the story which was at best a hit or miss affair.

I also can't stand when people say "2 and brotherhood are the good ones" when those two in particular have mission constraints left right and center that restrict player freedom and make the missions dull as a consequence. I'm not playing an assassins creed game to hang glide, i'm playing an AC game for Assassinations, which were somewhat open ended in AC1. Yes AC2 and Brotherhood had more "mission variety" but it was "mission variety" in the worst possible way, the game told you were to go and were to not go, it was highly scripted from moment one.

To see more "free form" assassination missions in Unity was a pleasant surprise for me.
>>
>>332314906

*Unity put the emphasis back on assassinations
>>
>>332312945
We fucking wish anon ;_;
>>
It will die out if they choose not to move the story from the cliffhanger of AC3 and if they do not choose an actual interesting location.
>>
Series should've died with Desmond. I am one of the few that enjoyed the present day story until they went full retard by making abstergo some entertainment company instead of the generic pharmaceutical conglomerate.
>>
>>332312945
The best game in the series is more of a pirate game than an Assassins Creed game, so yeah. It's pretty dead.
>>
>>332316589
>>332316848
This. Just why do they don't move the story even for a little bit?
We literally don't have anything new lorewise since AC3.
>>
I really enjoyed 1, 2 and Black Flag, 3 was decent but it's getting super stale.
>>
If Desmond is dead, how are the other games even happening? Isn't the whole schtick that its an Animus genetic memory thing? How can it continue if the person they're memory-bending is dead?
>>
>>332312945
It was dead on arrival to me, honestly.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.