[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't PC want good games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Why doesn't PC want good games
>>
>>332310502
Because it doesn't require 1.4m to port a game over.

MS already showed it takes a team of 5 2 weeks to do an entire game.
>>
>>332310502
Will the port be a complete game? Online, music store and leader boards all intact?
>>
>ONE AND A HALF MILLION DOLLARS FOR A PORT
>>
>>332310502
Virtually no marketing for the Campaign. I mean how many people even know that this exists.
>>
>>332311213
It's to make up for all the money they're going to lose when everyone imports and makes their own tracks illegally on there.
>>
File: 3 amigos.jpg (2 MB, 2332x1749) Image search: [Google]
3 amigos.jpg
2 MB, 2332x1749
>>332310502

>Rockband 4 on PC

But my PC stays in my room and my consoles are out in my living room, with my TV, which has the space to allow three players+ a mic stand.

Why would I plug all that shit into my PC and try and play it off my monitor? I have 3 real guitars for that shit.
>>
>>332310502
>pay money
>to activision
>for a port
>of a game series that died 10 years ago
lol
>>
>>332310630
>MS already showed it takes a team of 5 2 weeks to do an entire game.
yes, if you use UWP framework, because there's a lot of overlap with Xbone.Most of these 2 weeks will be spent on memory management
>>
Tim Schafer
>>
>FIG
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>332311384

>Why buy a FPS when you can go buy a real gun and shoot people
>>
>>332311384
Why did you write the first part? It's completely moot to your second half.
>>
>years after the music fad died
>port for the worst game in the series
>not even done in-house
>wanting $1.4m
>on Fig, a crowdfunding platform one of the Harmonix higher-ups has a stake in, so he gets paid no matter what
>can't import purchases from previous games
>>
>>332311543

>Why go practice shooting with your friends in your back yard when you can all fire off your guns in tight close quarters

Very few people have a PC which is also hooked up to a TV, or set up in a large space where you can set up two guitar controllers, a mic stand, and the drum kit + seat. Some do, sure, but Rockband is most certainly preferably played in a large room like a living room.
>>
>>332311870

You can get all the dlc in the $2500 tier famalam
>>
I'd totally want it but it sure as hell doesn't cost 1,4M to port a game on PC
>>
File: image.png (106 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
image.png
106 KB, 399x382
>>332311543
>/v/ analogies
>>
>>332312026

a /v/ analogy would be something about ham or some other food.
>>
>>332311384
>Not moving your pc to the living room when needed
That's why you need to build a mini itx case, that's what I do.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.