[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NX RUMOR OF THE WEEK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: slide002.jpg (51 KB, 400x230) Image search: [Google]
slide002.jpg
51 KB, 400x230
Nintendo NX Is Slightly More Powerful Than PS4 and Has ARM Architecture

This time the information comes from Reddit user stimpak_vendor who claims he works for a AAA development firm that has access to Nintendo NX development kits.
It’s a new day which means that it is time for yet another Nintendo NX rumour! This time the information comes from Reddit user stimpak_vendor who claims he works for a AAA development firm that has access to Nintendo NX development kits. stimpak_vendor claims that the platform is slightly more powerful than Sony’s popular PlayStation 4 system and also uses ARM Architecture. Here’s what he had to say about the matter.

Our devkit’s controller:

Doesn’t have an oval screen. Ours is a standard rectangle.
Has physical buttons with a screen behind them. It doesn’t have a form shifting screen, nor does it have a touchscreen with haptic feedback.
Is hardwired to the devkit, which looks like a boring black box with some USB ports and a disc drive.
However, that fake does get a couple things right. It does have scroll wheel shoulder buttons, but in addition to them it also has two regular shoulder buttons labeled ZL and ZR. It also has a headphone jack in the bottom of the controller.

Some other things I can tell you:

I don’t know if the NX is backwards compatible with the Wii U or 3DS or not, but it doesn’t look like it is. The system is different enough from both that I think it would be hard to play games from other consoles.
The controller is sort of a game system in its own, but it’s not a replacement for the 3DS. It works like a companion app on a phone, and you can take it with you and control some things from your game, like how the VMU on the Dreamcast let you take a Chao with you and train it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4btxk0/i_am_a_aaa_dev_who_actually_works_with_a_real_nx/
>>
>I am a aaa
>>
>>332301795
So basically nothing.
Keep in mind the WiiU was supposed to be more powerful than the PS3, yet we didnt see a single game that showed for it.
>>
>>332303704
It is more powerful than ps3

>what is bayonetta 1
>>
>>332303946
Not constant 60fps on any console
>>
>2016
>consoles

I can understand casuals who just got into gaming but, /v/? Why?
>>
Any retard that says it needs to be more powerful or is more powerful than the PlayStation 4 needs to kill themselves, because that implies that the NX is going up against the PS4 and the Xbone, which it is not. The NX has to compete with the PS5 and the Final Xbox, or else it will fail just as the Wii U did. It should be a priori that it is more powerful than the PS4. The fact that Nintendo fans have to justify this scares me into thinking that it won't, which would make it an instant failure.
>>
>>332303946
Read why did Bayonetta 1 was shit on PS3
fshitfact Platinum didn't port it
>>
>>332303946
It is, but it did nothing to show it, or make it any more sellable than the PS3. Bayonetta 1 still runs under 60FPS on WiiU so even though PS3 got a botched port. It doesnt chang ethe dact that the best looking PS3 games shat all over the WiiU library in terms of raw power.
>>
>>332304784
Xenoblade X?

The biggest open world game, free of load screens
>>
>>332303704
>, yet we didnt see a single game that showed for it
now this is shitposting
>>
>>332301795
You wish nincuck. You know it, all you'll get is 360p duster.
>>
>>332304552
This guy gets it
>>
>ARM
well, if that's the case, they sure aren't shooting for port parity.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.