[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ hate this game so much? It seems consensus is 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: NWN.jpg (813 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
NWN.jpg
813 KB, 1280x960
Why does /v/ hate this game so much? It seems consensus is 1 sucked, but 2 was good. Why? I remember 1 being great.
>>
the original NWN2 campaign was shit, Mask of the Betrayer is what it's remembered for
>>
Hordes of the Underdark is GOAT, the others are average as fuck.

NWN is all about mods though, NWN 2 sucks ass, apart from MotB which is also GOAT
>>
>>332299296
The OC was shit. Only HotU and some fan modules were good.

Also red hating baitman will be there in 5 posts, calling it now
>>
I have no idea. I've always loved the first Neverwinter nights games. Sure the maps are kinda simplistic - It's usually just 'go north, west, east and south, complete the objectives, and return to go to next chapter. But it was refreshing how many puzzles there were in the game.

And the knower of names part was great.
>>
Awful pathfinding, clunky everything, D&D stereotypes up the ass.
>>
>>332299296
I always see people shit on NWN2 for everything but MotB other than hardcore obsidian fanboys.
>>
>>332299747

>Awful pathfinding

True, but I don't consider it something that took away from the experience.

>clunky everything

Except for the pathfinding, I don't feel it was so. care to elaborate?

>D&D stereotypes up the ass

u wot m8. It was a game based on D&D and took place in the D&D universe. What else did you expect? Then you have those who complain about Pillars of Eternity taking place in a "D&D but not D&D" setting. Make up your mind.
>>
>>332299296
i remeber when i was 14 years old, i love playing neverwinter nights, not a long time ago i try neverwinter nights 2 and didn like it. i have this problem now with d&d games, i love the settings, the lore, the world.. etc etc etc. but the gameplay is what i cant stand, all that turn based old school rpg thing lost its charm to me now. now if they ever do a D&D games that plays like witcher 3.........<3<3<3
>>
>>332300117
You don't feel being flown away into the middle of a rape horde because the pathfinding algorithm was shit "took away from the experience", I don't have to explain anything to you.
>>
>>332300410
>I'm too lazy to even make shit up right now

Opinion discarded, then.
>>
File: 1444497296434.jpg (461 KB, 1300x947) Image search: [Google]
1444497296434.jpg
461 KB, 1300x947
>>332299296
Played like 15 hours of it, it's got some fun dialogue and puzzles, the combat is really dull though. At least NWN2 gave you a party.

There are really cool parts, the atmosphere is amazing, the NPCs/Companions are cool. I'd like to go back and finish it someday, but atm I want to try NWN2 since that seems a bit more polished.
>>
should I go fighter9->cleric if I want to be a fighter cleric?
(bg)
>>
>>332301879
>fighter9
I think this is too much.
>>
>>332300410
That's because it's based on server-client system even in singleplayer.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.