[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blunder of the generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Horizon Zero Dawn.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Horizon Zero Dawn.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
Hey everyone. I'm an insider who has recently gotten the chance to play through Horizon Zero Dawn from start to finish.

Wow. Talk about a complete mess of a game. First and foremost, the game is very story driven, but I would describe it as being very similar to Watch Dogs. Aloy, the heroine, is very unlikable and EXTREMELY unjustified in her actions, although the game really wants you think she's a really upstanding moral person. And yes, she's a dyke.

There are only five or six (Large) enemies in the game, and once you figure out an enemy's pattern once, it's easy to take advantage of the weakness and exploit it. If you stick to upgrading one kind of weapon and never experiment, you can learn how to kill anything in the game relatively easily, within the first two hours, I'd say.

The open world is tiny and kind of bland. There's nothing really to do here except collect resources (That you don't even really need) and fight enemies that get in your way.
>>
9/10, strong female protagonist
>>
Here's (you)
>>
>>332298462
That's the audience they're going for, actually. The game really promotes lots of hipster 'progressive' values.

Like, for example, women are regarded as being much better at dealing with machines then men.
>>
It's a "mainstream" game, the girl protagonist with a bow, the robot dinosaurs, the open world "skyrim" fad bandwagon.

I don't know who on /v/ was looking forward to it.
>>
>>332298864
>let's trigger /v/
I'll believe it when I see it, insider firend
>>
>leaks against nintendo are always right
>leaks against Sony is always wrong
hmm
>>
Why don't "leakers" ever post a picture? It's not like Sony is gonna assasinate you.
>>
>>332299231
>b-but sony
>>
>>332298864
>women are regarded as being much better at dealing with machines then men.
Well its sci-fantasy right?
>>
>>332299512
That would compromise my position within Sony. Believe it or not, I like playing games as a career.

>>332299774
Because they are much better shots with bows, much better at setting traps, much better at everything important to the culture. It makes no sense, really.
>>
>>332298362
meh I don´t play game with "strong wyman" anyway.
I find the whole rhetoric that women are only considered "strong" if they act like men and do "manly" stuff insulting.
like if all the women in the history of mankind added nothing to society by giving birth to children, raising them and looking after the home why the men where of fighting in wars or hunting for food.

I much rather play games with female characters that act feminine since they are more relatable and realistic to me.
plus most of "strong wyman" are written by man either way and are supposed to make some stupid social message instead of just telling a good story
>>
>>332300003
>It makes no sense, really.
I agree, I was just making a clever joke.
>>
>>332300003
post some story stuff.
like appearance or names of characters that they haven´t shown so far
that way we know you told the truth when they reveal more of the game
>>
File: cho_001.jpg (102 KB, 600x837) Image search: [Google]
cho_001.jpg
102 KB, 600x837
>>332301010
>I much rather play games with female characters that act feminine since they are more relatable and realistic to me.

THIS

where's the game where you play a woman that uses her sexuality and intelligence to lull her opponents into a false sense of security then defeat them? Oh wait found it pic related
>>
>>332301247
Another thing Bayonetta really nailed (hurr) is enemy variety. They were constantly throwing new shit at you. Bayo 2 had even more shit thrown at you. This dinosaur game sounds like they skimped out big time.
>>
>>332301247
at least this person get´s me.

the thing that you just describe is probably the biggest advantage of being female yet almost no games touches on it.

I haven´t played boynetta but catwoman in arkham city did something similar like that and it was my favorite part of the game by far
>>
>take the repetitive grindy nature of Monster Hunter
>remove the nuanced and challenging moment-to-moment gameplay that actually makes these games fun
So this...is the power...of Horizon Zero Dawn
>>
Hey guys insider anon here with another insider scoop. I got to play {insert-game} and yep its shit, lots of problems. Believe me.
>>
>>332298362
Wow what a coincidence, me too!
>>
>>332301913
But this game realy is shit please believe me
>>
>>332298362
It's extremely predictable the game will be shit when

a) It's made by Guerrilla
b) They claim their inspirations are AC and Skyrim

Only a dumb sonygger would ever be hyped for this western AAA crap.
>>
>>332298821
that's not a real (You)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.