[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm finally able to play competitive. What should I know?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Dota-2-PC-Game-11.jpg (195 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Dota-2-PC-Game-11.jpg
195 KB, 1600x1000
I'm finally able to play competitive.

What should I know?
>>
>>332274597
Shoot arrow, hit arrow.
>>
>>332274597
practice a hero over and over till you cant lose with them, then play competitive, if you want a good entry level spot learn to play offlane heroes.
>>
Learn Earth Spirit.
>>
>>332274847
How many heroes do I need to be good at though?
>>
>>332274934
Five.
>>
>>332274983
My best heroes are Broodmother, Dazzle, WD, PL, and PA.

Will those be enough?
>>
>>332275115
how well do you do on average with them?
>>
>>332275216
About 66% on each
>>
>>332275115
Not bad, but make sure you don't pick PA into shitty comps.
>>
>>332274934
>>
Uninstall.
>>
>>332274597
Finally telling your parents that youre gay will go better then expected.
>Protip: they probably already know.
>>
File: dxlujtE.png (269 KB, 976x1011) Image search: [Google]
dxlujtE.png
269 KB, 976x1011
>>332275387
make sure youre familiar with pull times as well as ward locations

http://www.dotabuff.com/blog/2015-12-19-new-ward-spots-and-terrain-changes-in-686
>>
Why can't I get off this fucking wild ride ?
Every fucking day I'm playing this shit, sometimes I win but I mostly lose. Then I close the game in rage and tell myself I will never play this game again. The day after I find myself launching it and finding a game.

I like the game but it's ruining my life.

Also why do people only play 5 man carries ? I'm kind of shit at supporting but these fags always insta-lock try hard carries like pa/am and shit, so I always find myself having to pick a support, and since I'm bad at supporting we lose this shit.
>>
>>332276428
I'm the same.

I fucking suck at this game. Genuinely. No matter what I do it seems I will never, ever, EVER get good at it. I still end up playing it though, and constantly have a miserable time getting shouted at by my team and being the worst player every single time.

I just want to be in a really low matchmaking group where everyone else sucks as much as me.
>>
>>332274597
MMR?
>>
>>332276528
I don't know, I've not played it yet. Probably sub 1k.
>>
>>332276514
Well I don't suck that hard, it's just that sometimes I do really stupid shit and don't correct myself.
>>
>>332276528
Thought you meant ranked matchmaking when you said competetive. Are you completely new then? Go look at purge's dota guide.

I'm currently 40XX MMR with 8200 behavior score so my games are pretty decent, no intentional feeding and stealing lanes/picks is very rare, people are generally cooperative. Some shittalking happens but it's not anywhere near what happens at 7k behavior score and below.
>>
>>332275115
If you are a decent brood, know that she SHATTERS ranked matches. Just tell your team you want to play her if the enemy doesn't pick hard counters. Brood is so strong because nobody expects someone to pick her and suddenly they have absolutely no way to stop her. Focus on brood because is your free ticket to high grade MMR.
>>
>>332276617
>I can get him!
>Oh I'm silenced
>Oh I'm dead

This is every game for me.
>>
>>332276613
>>332276940
i fucked up
>>
Here's some basics
>common ward spots
>pulling lanes
>the importance of having a TP on your person at all times
>knowing when to back
>>
>>332276940
Sorry, I did mean ranked. I've got to the required level to do the ranked play.
>>
I haven't played for something like 3 weeks, did they fix OD? What did they add? What the hell is the "behavior score"?
>>
>>332276613
you would have to be disgustingly bad at the game to be sub 1k, im at 2.5k and im mediocre to poor because I have shit reaction times.
>>
>>332276514
>>332276428

I was talking to a friend about this
Losing feels terrible.
But winning? Winning feels fucking amazing.
The feeling of either one is amplified the longer the game goes
>>
>>332277076
So you got the ten MMR placement games now? You start with your hidden unranked MMR and then every placement game gives or takes something like 100 MMR depending on the results. Play a core/carry if you want to get placed higher, your KDA and damage done etc matters to what MMR you end up with.

Honestly not a huge difference between ranked and unranked, people just tryhard a bit more/fuck around less, and abandoning is treated more severely.
>>
>>332277192
You're underestimating how bad I am at this game. I'm Russian 12 year old tier.

To a certain extent I want to try MM because I'll end up with other shitters.
>>
>>332277134
OD is still stronk. Behavior score is one of the known factors that influence the behavior quality of your teammates (basically it's behavior MMR, the higher the better, less flamers and more cooperative teammates etc. If you get reported alot your behavior score goes down).

My main account has like 5.5k behavior score after some intentional rage griefing and it's fucking unplayable, gonna take alot of games to get that up to an acceptable level. Fuck i don't even get new reports to use on that account because it's flagged or something.
>>
>>332277578
oh good god, maybe instead of playing dota you should cut off your hands then.
>>
Ha good luck. I'm suprised I still play this game with all the toxic ass fucking thats going on.
>>
>>332277995
I just stay quiet and report people who constantly complain
>>
>>332277995

>toxic

Leaguer spotted.
Get a real fucking vocabulary you fuck.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.